What's new

pppoe speed issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eliotte

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I run 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 on my AC66U. I have a FFTH connection -> 270 down/250up using router from my provider. When I manage the pppoe from my asus, speed drop to 150Mbps. I connect the asus directly in the ONT so no passthrough by the router's provider.

Do you think a fresh reset of my asus can help??

Hi,

I run 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 on my AC66U. I have a FFTH connection -> 270 down/250up using router from my provider. When I manage the pppoe from my asus, speed drop to 150Mbps. I connect the asus directly in the ONT so no passthrough by the router's provider.

Do you think a fresh reset of my asus can help??

I'm seeing an increase in reports that seem to indicate that HW acceleration no longer works properly with PPPoE. For now the only known solution used by some is to revert back to a 3.0.0.4.354.xx build.

Thanks for your reply Merlin.
I too am one of the, hopefully few, ones affected by the lack of HW acceleration for PPPoE.
While 3.0.0.4.354.29 is fine for now, I am sorely missing the dual WAN capabilities.
Do you have any hopes of getting this into a new FW?

Thanks for your reply Merlin.
I too am one of the, hopefully few, ones affected by the lack of HW acceleration for PPPoE.
While 3.0.0.4.354.29 is fine for now, I am sorely missing the dual WAN capabilities.
Do you have any hopes of getting this into a new FW?

This is entirely outside of my control. The HW acceleration module is closed source.