What's new

[Preview 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 early test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah, I must only have 100Mbps ports on my Fiber Router. I'll get with my Provider and see if they will change it. If they won't, then I won't worry about it. Thank you for your input.
It wont make any reasonable difference on a 50mbps-line directly connected to your router, >80 sure it will be better, but those (newer) modems usually have gibabit-LAN.
If you use modem-LANs between devices it will slow down traffic between them.
But no matter for ordinary devices like TV or similar which will never need it.

I have a question. Would a soft reset interrupt my internet connection?

Apr 22 02:35:14 ovpn-client1[2776]: TLS: tls_process: killed expiring key
Apr 22 02:35:15 ovpn-client1[2776]: TLS: soft reset sec=0 bytes=22487718/-1 pkts=53062/0
soft reset of what and interupt of what and how long?
Modem or router?
Internet connection or opvm connection?
whilst reset or permanent till new setup?

Last edited:
soft reset of what and interupt of what and how long?
Modem or router?
Internet connection or opvm connection?
whilst reset or permanent till new setup?
As you can see it’s with my ovpn client on my ac86u. It’s a TLS soft reset. I just noticed those lines in my system log. I don’t think it’s for very long time, just an interruption. I noticed it when I looked at it this morning. It happened over night. And I was just thinking that if it was interrupting my ovpn connection then it must be interrupting my internet. Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:
That will be when provider changes IP I think or a short outage and DSL-resync.

But others using VPN could answer much more detailed or even correct me.

AC3100 enabled acceleration or ctf
QOS bandwidth monitor shows no traffic during an 6mb stream up or down
Can anyone verify this for me please? or not.
The next thing would be to reset to factory if no one can share this problem.
EDIT: QOS statistics does not see the stream as traffic either in any catagory. I watch lots of mlb.tv and I thought I would try out ctf.
EDIT2: The QOS stuff worked perfect without ctf. I know ctf can mess stats up but can anyone tell me if this is expected or something I can clear up by resetting? @RMerlin any advice here?

Last edited:
I am facing a strange issue. I am on 384.5.A1 and unable to upgrade to A2/3

On upgrading the firmware the router reboots and the f/w version is still 384.5_alpha1-g91229ac

I have tried to upgrade 5+ times now. No USB drive.
Have reset the router and tried upgrading but still stuck on A1. No errors during the upgrade process.

Please help

Edit : AC68U

Do you have a real RT-AC68U? Because hacked TM-AC1900 are not supported.

As you can see it’s with my ovpn client on my ac86u. It’s a TLS soft reset. I just noticed those lines in my system log. I don’t think it’s for very long time, just an interruption. I noticed it when I looked at it this morning. It happened over night. And I was just thinking that if it was interrupting my ovpn connection then it must be interrupting my internet. Thank you for the reply.

That is TLS renegotiation between your VPN provider and your OpenVPN client. By default renegotiation occurs every 3600 seconds and changing TLS Renegotiation Time value from -1 to 0 will fix it.

If you decide to leave the default value as it is, it is fine as it won’t cause interruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is TLS renegotiation between your VPN provider and your OpenVPN client. By default renegotiation occurs every 3600 seconds and changing TLS Renegotiation Time value from -1 to 0 will fix it.

If you decide to leave the default value as it is, it is fine as it won’t cause interruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I just changed it to 0. Thanks for the reply. It was very helpful. :)

No problems so far, great work with A3
I noticed this : Tool tab " Check for new beta firmware releases " is not ticked after a factory reset (firefox)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 608
I noticed this : Tool tab " Check for new beta firmware releases " is not ticked after a factory reset (firefox)
Running great here as well and I can confirm same. I didn’t do a factory reset.

AC3100 enabled acceleration or ctf
QOS bandwidth monitor shows no traffic during an 6mb stream up or down
Can anyone verify this for me please? or not.
The next thing would be to reset to factory if no one can share this problem.
EDIT: QOS statistics does not see the stream as traffic either in any catagory. I watch lots of mlb.tv and I thought I would try out ctf.
EDIT2: The QOS stuff worked perfect without ctf. I know ctf can mess stats up but can anyone tell me if this is expected or something I can clear up by resetting? @RMerlin any advice here?
Ok I reset to factory defaults and hand configured and presto everything works. Let that be a lesson to you people that insist that the problem is with @RMerlin

Beta channel has never been enabled by default, for obvious reasons.

Do you have a real RT-AC68U? Because hacked TM-AC1900 are not supported.
I am able to update to alpha 3 if I use rescue mode for the tmobile modded vs also see people mention of the CFE updated to 1.0.2.9 I have 3 original ac68u and a mod tmobile version and all still have the 1.0.2.0 after the update. I also initialized all of them

Last edited:
Ok I reset to factory defaults and hand configured and presto everything works. Let that be a lesson to you people that insist that the problem is with @RMerlin
Freaking hell I finally have it working....resetting was definitely worth it boys!

Welp, thats unfortunate. My AC86U disconnected 3 times on 5ghz today. I guess its not fixed yet.
I dunno what else I can change. MU-MIMO is off and so is universal beamforming and airtime fairness. :S

I mean it doesn't actually disconnect, but I do get 100% packet loss for ~3 secs and everything resume back to normal after that.

Unfortunately, all builds are the same (asus and merlin). I really cant tell whats causing it. I dunno if I should RMA or what.

Welp, thats unfortunate. My AC86U disconnected 3 times on 5ghz today. I guess its not fixed yet.
I dunno what else I can change. MU-MIMO is off and so is universal beamforming and airtime fairness. :S

I mean it doesn't actually disconnect, but I do get 100% packet loss for ~3 secs and everything resume back to normal after that.

Unfortunately, all builds are the same (asus and merlin). I really cant tell whats causing it. I dunno if I should RMA or what.[/Q

Unfortunately, all builds are the same (asus and merlin). I really cant tell whats causing it. I dunno if I should RMA or what.

I had similar issue with some of my devices disconnecting constantly I disabled IPV6 and the problem is gone I am using ac5300 as my main router with 385 alpha 3.

Alpha 3 working well on 2 of my ac3200 . Only been 5 hours but nothing strange in the logs , stable no disconnects
Thanks

Tried this series of alpha builds. The first 2 had some weirdness, but this latest build 3 seems to be working well indeed on my RT-AC5300.
I'll update if that changes...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!