What's new

[Preview 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 early test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No problems so far after installing the latest build on my AC68.

There's only one issue; I can't see any info on the QOS tab regarding client's traffic. If I enable all the inspection things I lose the CTF+FA feature but I start seeing this traffic info.

I remeber on previous version that this data was available without enabling any deep inspection feature, so all the HW acceleration features remained enabled.

Last edited:
@RMerlin
In commit 2c2755a ("webui: moved beta channel setting from FW update page to Tools, and improved layout") your removed (among other things) the <span> with id="beta_firmware_path_span".

This causes a JavaScript error now in Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp:250:1
TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null

It is triggered by line 250, which is line number 273 in the source file:
Code:
document.getElementById("beta_firmware_path_span").style.display = "none";

Maybe the easiest solution would be to partly revert the removal and leave the empty span behind, so that this remains:
Code:
<span id="beta_firmware_path_span" style="display:none;"></span>

What is mastiff?

Don't know, it's one of the components used by Asus's nattunel. I only know that it's used by at lest their AiHome product, don't know what else might rely on it.

Don't know, it's one of the components used by Asus's nattunel. I only know that it's used by at lest their AiHome product, don't know what else might rely on it.
Same crash here. AC3100 385.5 Alpha3.

I can reliably trigger the reboot by uploading about 1100KB/s in my torrent client Tixati. Every time the upload gets that high it reboots, even for a second. Yesterday on Alpha 3 I saw it reboot for the first time reaching only 700KB/s. I top out just over 1300KB/s (11.6mbps upload).

I'll try to upload a large file with Megasync and see if that has the same effect and at what speed does it reboot.

Also, I could be mistaken, but I swear the reboots were more frequent (<15m) when I had the router interface up.

Here's a the last couple lines from the log. Every pair of "protocol 0000 is buggy" is a crash/reboot.
Every line with Mastiff is a reboot.
Not sure what's up with the time errors.

The final line is me changing IPv6 to stateful and auto DNS, causing a reboot. (Several times a day nothing works over IPv6 for a few minutes, only IPv4. Videos cut the stream in the middle, no response to ping, even to IPv6 DNS servers. Appears fixed now).

Code:
Apr 11 13:20:41 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth2
Apr 11 13:20:41 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth1
Apr 11 13:20:41 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev vlan1
Apr 11 21:12:09 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth2
Apr 11 21:12:09 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth1
Apr 11 21:12:09 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev vlan1
Apr 11 21:37:14 Mastiff: exit.
Feb 13 19:00:14 kernel: pflash: found no supported devices
Feb 13 19:00:14 kernel: bcmsflash: found no supported devices
Feb 13 19:00:19 Mastiff: exit.
Apr 11 21:41:22 crond[364]: time disparity of 607781 minutes detected
Feb 13 19:00:19 Mastiff: init
Apr 11 23:17:26 crond[372]: time disparity of 607877 minutes detected
Apr 11 23:48:03 crond[365]: time disparity of 607907 minutes detected
Feb 13 19:00:18 Mastiff: exit.
Feb 13 19:00:18 Mastiff: init
Feb 13 19:00:19 Mastiff: init
Apr 23 11:04:32 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev vlan1

Is there anything I can do to help? Like enable more verbose logging and make it crash?

I can reliably trigger the reboot by uploading about 1100KB/s in my torrent client Tixati

That's completely different from the mastiff process crashing. if your router reboots under load, then I would start suspecting a hardware/overheating/power issue.

Running 384.5_alpha3-ge3dcf47 on my Asus AC68u. Not issues so far, I'm using a Dual WAN setup.

Am I just imagining it or does the admin panel feel extra snappy? I haven't been on it for awhile so not sure.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 746
  • 2.png
    2.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 721
Alpha 3 working well here.
Wifi scheduling still a work in progress though. Manages 2 days in a row, then turns off but not back on for day 3.
I will try a scheduled daily reboot, see if that keeps it working.........?

Happy to report my only issue of network map constantly turning to and staying on 0 clients has been fixed with Alpha 3. No other issue's noticed by me so far, looks pretty solid and ready for beta.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I had similar issue with some of my devices disconnecting constantly I disabled IPV6 and the problem is gone I am using ac5300 as my main router with 385 alpha 3.
Its only on the 5ghz band tho. IPv6 is also disabled. On ALL builds ever tested from asus and rmerlin

This is annoying because I dont have any other 5ghz device I can actually run tests on.

I used to have the same issue with my AC87U. It got fixed after some firmware updates. However, I got disconnections every 1-2 minutes on the AC87U vs 3-4 times a day on the AC86U. Its probably harder for Asus/Broadcom to diagnose, if its even a router problem.

Its only on the 5ghz band tho. IPv6 is also disabled. On ALL builds ever tested from asus and rmerlin

This is annoying because I dont have any other 5ghz device I can actually run tests on.

I used to have the same issue with my AC87U. It got fixed after some firmware updates. However, I got disconnections every 1-2 minutes on the AC87U vs 3-4 times a day on the AC86U. Its probably harder for Asus/Broadcom to diagnose, if its even a router problem.
What devices are disconnecting? Apple devices?

Do you have 5ghz set to auto or do you manually choose a channel? Manually choose channel, if you haven’t tried that.
I manually tried them all one by one :p Unfortunately, same thing happens. :(
Got universal beamforming disabled. Airtime fairness disable and MU-MIMO disabled too.

Signal is very strong too. Router is relatively close.

I manually tried them all one by one :p Unfortunately, same thing happens. :(
Got universal beamforming disabled. Airtime fairness disable and MU-MIMO disabled too.

Signal is very strong too. Router is relatively close.
Have you tried channel bandwidth at 40mhz?

Have you tried channel bandwidth at 40mhz?

It is currently set to 20/40/80, but yes, I will try right now. Thanks.
However, *if* this fixes the problem, what can I possibly do to fix this issue? I like the wider bandwidth for file transfers. I can't tell if it would be an issue with my adapter (but it works with other routers) or the router itself.

Anyone see the log looks different? The syslog in the webui has changed in that the log itself has no line spacing. There is word spacing that is not the issue. The lines are not spaced so it looks like a blob of letters. If you need a picture I can pm you my log. I use Ubuntu and have tried Chrome, Chromium and Firefox all seem to have the same issue except Firefox....I do not like Firefox. Can we get the lines of text spaced with like a 1/2 space or something? I do not do any coding.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!