What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 pre-release test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good build so far except for the wireless "site survey" is not showing the signal strength.View attachment 11622

View attachment 11623

RT-AC68P 384.3 Alpha1

The whole CSS is missing on that page, it's not just that icon.

upload_2018-1-18_14-7-44.png

Installed on my 88 fine with no issues.
Currently running a Vanilla Router Setup (No VPN)
Waiting for my hoard of children, friends, and guest to show and abuse my wireless, and will report if anything unique occurs.

Edit:
@RMerlin - 21hrs+ and no issues!
QoS seems to be working and stats page displaying properly :)
Signature Version updated to 2.052

Last edited:
The AC3100 not included with the new test builds ?

First test builds for all supported models are now available on Onedrive.
OK. I just tried to the build on my AC68U's. The flashes to the AIMesh Nodes seem to proceed without issues. Both nodes came back up on my mesh network. I then flashed the AiMesh Router. The router came back up with no detectable AIMesh functionality. There was no list of nodes, and no ability to change the router into any mode using AIMesh...

The downgrade of the router back to stock firmware worked normally. AIMesh is back up and running. Since the nodes seem to work either way, I could have left them running alpha firmware. But since that doesn't seem to unlock any additional functionality on a Node, I have reverted those back as well.

I probably should have read every message in this thread first. Then I would have seen the message that AIMesh wasn't included yet, and might not be something that can be added. In which case it is surprising the nodes seemed to work. I probably should have done some testing before rolling back, and nodes might be useful for entware and such, if they actually continue to work as nodes.

Last edited:
Just flashed the beta for the RT-AC3200 and it reboot but it self and seems to be working fine. Will monitor it for the next two days. Hopefully if an outage happens again it will boot back up without any issues.

OK. I just tried to the build on my AC68U's. The flashes to the AIMesh Nodes seem to proceed without issues. Both nodes came back up on my mesh network. I then flashed the AiMesh Router. The router came back up with no detectable AIMesh functionality. There was no list of nodes, and no ability to change the router into any mode using AIMesh...

The downgrade of the router back to stock firmware worked normally. AIMesh is back up and running. Since the nodes seem to work either way, I could have left them running alpha firmware. But since that doesn't seem to unlock any additional functionality on a Node, I have reverted those back as well.

I probably should have read every message in this thread first. Then I would have seen the message that AIMesh wasn't included yet, and might not be something that can be added. In which case it is surprising the nodes seemed to work. I probably should have done some testing before rolling back, and nodes might be useful for entware and such, if they actually continue to work as nodes.

I’d be very interested to see if nodes really do work work whilst running Merlin.
If I can convince Asus to add DHCP Option 60/61 to the stock firmware it would allow me to run AiMesh stock firmware on my main, and Merlin with Entware on my node(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flashed my 68 and 3200 with 384.3_A1. Works fine with 68 as Media Bridge and 3200 as Main Router. Thanks, RMerlin.

I just flashed to 384.3A1 and will report back if anything unusual happens.

@RMerlin

Think you might need to revert your fix for QoS upload stats info not working on the 86U for the new GPL merge.

Last edited:
I noticed that the Network Map shows all the connections as 'Wired' and does not properly categorize the wireless clients.

No such issue on the RT-AC68U with 384.3_alpha1-gf682bb3. QoS is still not displaying charts like in 382.x_x (actually not sure whether it's properly running), besides that I haven't found any issues so far.

No such issue on the RT-AC68U with 384.3_alpha1-gf682bb3. QoS is still not displaying charts like in 382.x_x (actually not sure whether it's properly running), besides that I haven't found any issues so far.

They work fine on my RT-AC66U_B1. Keep in mind the new engine can take a few minutes to initialize the rulesets before it's ready to setup QoS.

They work fine on my RT-AC66U_B1. Keep in mind the new engine can take a few minutes to initialize the rulesets before it's ready to setup QoS.

Yes, I read that when you mentioned it. I do see the codel patch being applied. I tried with and without @FreshJR QoS script (QoS is on, Adaptive, manual bandwith settings, fq_codel, 20/200) and I see it starts and starts adjusting classes after about 3 minutes, but graphs are still not showing up. Restarted QoS multiple times (toggled off and on), rebooted, but to no avail.

tc shows no output either:

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 384.3-alpha1-gf682bb3 Thu Jan 18 05:43:01 UTC 2018
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# tc filter show dev eth0
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# tc filter show dev br0
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#

so I don't know what else I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.