What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 pre-release test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a downgrade from this alpha to 382.2 beta 3. The alpha has to many bugs!

Creating a new guest network doesn’t work properly. Changing DNS servers only works after reboot.
Did you factory reset after flashing th build? Or did you just flash and expect it to be magically perfect, I haven't seen any bugs so far, unless you can state what bugs you found and provide logs the "bugs" you claim don't exist.

Hi Merlin
what sys log say Jan 19 11:57:43 dnsmasq[730]: warning: no upstream servers configured ?? Jan 19 18:11:22 kernel: nvram: consolidating space! ?? Jan 19 11:58:00 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!

Hi Merlin
what sys log say Jan 19 11:57:43 dnsmasq[730]: warning: no upstream servers configured ??
In DHCP server settings, make sure you didn't tick "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" to yes if you are using public dns

Hi Merlin,

Any chance to put AUTHY together to log in inside of the router? Could be one of the best security ever, I guess.

Same here: installed alpha 1 on my RT-AC86U and the upload chart pie on QoS statistics no longer works. Still is present the same bug on renaming the client after the 30ish entry, but I know Merlin this is beyond your control

Hey matthew, tried to search for where this issue is explained. I have the same problem after about 30 entries. Can you point me to the forum post that explains the issue? Looks like it can't be fixed right now but I would love to know what's going on!

Did you factory reset after flashing th build? Or did you just flash and expect it to be magically perfect, I haven't seen any bugs so far, unless you can state what bugs you found and provide logs the "bugs" you claim don't exist.

No, I flashed the alpha and then executed a reboot. I will do it again and will then perform a full factory reset.

@fastcx, @AndreiV, @DonnyJohnny, @M@rco,

Of course I know that you can encounter various problems/bugs in the alpha firmware. It is therefore my own responsibility if it doesn't work ;)
I see that there is no DNS problem at all. I introduced him to the wrong option :( Very stupidly done by me! :mad:

I have two problems. First is the WiFi logo (has already been reported here and is worded by rmerlin) and the guest network when you create a new one. (works only after reboot)

I apologize that I was unkind! That was not the intention. Sorry!

No, I flashed the alpha and then executed a reboot. I will do it again and will then perform a full factory reset.

Of course I know that you can encounter various problems/bugs in the alpha firmware. It is therefore my own responsibility if it doesn't work ;)
I see that there is no DNS problem at all. I introduced him to the wrong option :( Very stupidly done by me! :mad:

I have two problems. First is the WiFi logo (has already been reported here and is worded by rmerlin) and the guest network when you create a new one. (works only after reboot)

It's always a good idea to do a factory reset coming from different revision, e.g. 382>384. When there's issue, I would do a reset as well if I haven't done it. Another thing is, I try not to restore older settings before I tested everything I use in stock configuration, just to reducing the angle of error.

At this moment, you can only forward internal devices to an external IP address under VPN Cliënt. Will there be an option that you can enter a URL instead of an external IP?
Or is that possible in another way? (custom script?)

At this moment, you can only forward internal devices to an external IP address under VPN Cliënt.

Will there be an option that you can enter a URL instead of an external IP?
No. RPDB rules only accept IP addresses or subnets in CIDR format.

Or is that possible in another way? (custom script?)

Yes. Custom script. Search forum for Selective routing scripts using IPSET fwmark tagging.
e.g. @Xentrk has kindly posted a script to assist in identifying IPs associated with a URL/Domain that can be used to initially populate the IPSET.

Last edited:
No. RPDB rules only accept IP addresses or subnets in CIDR format.

Yes. Custom script. Search forum for Selective routing scripts using IPSET fwmark tagging.
e.g. @Xentrk has kindly posted a script to assist in identifying IPs associated with a URL/Domain that can be used to initially populate the IPSET.

Thank you for the information! I'm going to take a look at it! :)

The new alpha 2 is running smooth on both my routers.

Thank you for the information! I'm going to take a look at it! :)
I recently made some changes to my selective routing scripts. @JJQuin tested the script that selectively routes LAN clients and Netflix traffic on 384.2_beta3 and it worked for him. @Martineau and @john9527 helped me understand how this all works in addition to doing a lot of web searches. But as @Martineau mentions here, there may be changes in 384.x that will require changes to the priority assignments. Will need to monitor any changes to fwmark reservations Asus uses to avoid conflicts.

Last edited:
That's good to hear, will try to install Alpha 2 later today.

Just to verify: can dhcp_staticlist still be restored to nvram on a clean install? I think I've read somewhere restoring a full backup with nvram-save.sh might cause trouble...

Don't mind me, I always recommend that you factory reset after a major upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!