What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any changelogs for alpha builds? I know from posts that Aimesh is not supported/included, is there anything else in 384 branch not included in this alpha?

What are the upgraded or installed components by Merlin?

Is there any changelogs for alpha builds? I know from posts that Aimesh is not supported/included, is there anything else in 384 branch not included in this alpha?

What are the upgraded or installed components by Merlin?
Yes, A2 has a changelog and is available from the zip file. I just don't know if it answers your questions.;)

Thanks but it doesn’t mention what was removed such as aimesh, anything else removed?

Every single change is on Github, and I always try to make git comments descriptive enough. So any change there will be in that commit log.

#Bug

Local Access Config setting up Authentication Method to HTTPS and adding the certificate to google chrome works but after a reboot you have to repeat the process or you just get a insecure connection warning

Router - RT - 5300 / 384.4 alpha 2

Last edited:
I noticed something, With Adaptive QoS enabled, with fd_codel on, and bandwidth limits manually set. When I run a speedtest It will just bypasses the limits I set up. ?

7081879706.png

0cE8VoB.png

Alpha 2 on my ac 3200 is working really well , no idea what changes were made , but transfer speeds are now what they were back pre 380.9 or whatever , For the past few months transfer speeds were between 9 - 12MBps between clients , now back to 14 - 17 MBps so thanks . Everything seems to be running well , 3 days and counting

Alpha 2 caused some wifi issues with a few devices, they will keep on disconnecting, reverted back to asus stock and all went back to normal.

I noticed something, With Adaptive QoS enabled, with fd_codel on, and bandwidth limits manually set. When I run a speedtest It will just bypasses the limits I set up. ?

7081879706.png

0cE8VoB.png

QOS isn't a bandwidth limiter, it just guaranties bandwidth to selected network traffic.

I actually just noticed that QOS statistics and web history tabs don't output anything on my AC5300. Has anyone else had this happen theirs as well?

vLFCQlW.png

ZSiESlv.png

Just upgraded my AC5300 to 384.4 Alpha 2 and am still getting this exact same screen when I enter those settings. Does anyone else get the same thing as well?

Is 2-way IPS working in this build (AC-3200 alpha 2) - oddly I've not seen any log entries since I installed the current alpha stream. Co-incidental perhaps, but unlikely...

AC5300. Do not know if this is new or was present in 380.69_2. Troubleshooting poor 2.4Ghz bandwidth on Channel=Auto (Channel 1 selected) and I noticed that b/g protection is checked and greyed out for Auto and N-Only mode but can be unchecked for Legacy. None of my 2.4Ghz n clients connect more than 72Mbps Tx/Rx. Some should be 150-300Mbps. Switching channel manually to 6 resolved the performance issue I was seeing but not the speed cap of 72Mbps.

Any reason b/g is greyed on N-Only setting. Any other reason why my clients are getting capped?

AC5300. Do not know if this is new or was present in 380.69_2. Troubleshooting poor 2.4Ghz bandwidth on Channel=Auto (Channel 1 selected) and I noticed that b/g protection is checked and greyed out for Auto and N-Only mode but can be unchecked for Legacy. None of my 2.4Ghz n clients connect more than 72Mbps Tx/Rx. Some should be 150-300Mbps. Switching channel manually to 6 resolved the performance issue I was seeing but not the speed cap of 72Mbps.

Any reason b/g is greyed on N-Only setting. Any other reason why my clients are getting capped?
b/g protection doesn't apply to N only, hence greyed out. What channel width are you using?

Just upgraded my AC5300 to 384.4 Alpha 2 and am still getting this exact same screen when I enter those settings. Does anyone else get the same thing as well?
QOS is working like a charm, but the stats on my 5300 are blank as well. I've never actually used them, typically referring to the Traffic Analyzer-Traffic Monitor tab (which is working perfectly).
I do note that the Traffic Analyzer-Statistic graph is also blank and is not tracking either users or apps.

Hi FeRReTTi,

This has been an issue since 384.4 alpha 1 on top of the traffic analyzer statistic's page.

#Bug

Local Access Config setting up Authentication Method to HTTPS and adding the certificate to google chrome works but after a reboot you have to repeat the process or you just get a insecure connection warning

Router - RT - 5300 / 384.4 alpha 2

Hi Martin,

This has actually been an issue far longer, I first noticed it on 380.68, but I chalked it up to probably a bug on Asus's closed source side. Something I do, is go into my preferred browser and delete all the older certificate entries. For example, I got the error to stop after going into my browser(Firefox) certificate's.

Should be only 1 entry in "Server", in my case it was "https://192.168.x.x:8443" permanent or, temporary if you're paranoid. However, I was still getting prompted.

in Authorities, I had an entry for every time I added a permanent exception. I deleted the older entries, top-down, and only left the bottom last one. Which I don't get prompted for anymore on my mobile or PC, even after a reboot. However what I have noticed is that after a certain amount a time passes(usually a couple hour's to a day) I will indeed get re-prompted to add an exception, even though I added a permanent exception, and I would just have to delete the older exception, rinse and repeat.

I thought it was more of a minor annoyance which is why I haven't reported it, but wouldn't mind having to do those step's anymore.

Best,
Davi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!