What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@skeal
After staying on the page as instructed, I can report that I did not see any time "drifts".
My 88U displayed the proper time, after observing for 7+ minutes.
My teenage daughter thought the idea of me watching time pass, a hilarious way for me to be "testing" the latest RMerlin fw. I'm just glad I have the technical expertise to watch time pass. :D

Not sure if anyone else is having trouble with time but my system seems to drift by (right now) 7 minutes. This only started with the alpha 2. The stable 384.3 does not have this issue as far as I know. My uptime is only:
Uptime 0 days 16 hours 10 minute(s) 40 seconds Can anyone else confirm this? The router I'm using is AC3100. If I restart ntp using this:
Code:
service restart_ntp
The time is corrected. The last ntp entry in the logs was 4 hours earlier so that means the drift is 7 minutes in just 4 hours.
Edit: After running service restart_ntp I'm again losing time so far 3 minutes and the restart was only 10 minutes ago.
Edit2: I watched the time drift again and instead refreshed the general log page and the time corrected itself. So now I'm not sure if this is a ntp problem or a webui problem. Any ideas @RMerlin ?

No drift here either. But I'm using my own ntp server with GPS and PPS.

I would have it done at terminal and tail it indefinite
That's a real good idea! My log entries are accurate as well I was just noticing in general that by comparison the router time and computer time are not matching sometimes.
@skeal
After staying on the page as instructed, I can report that I did not see any time "drifts".
My 88U displayed the proper time, after observing for 7+ minutes.
My teenage daughter thought the idea of me watching time pass, a hilarious way for me to be "testing" the latest RMerlin fw. I'm just glad I have the technical expertise to watch time pass. :D
Ok ok ok I'm 58 years old for heavens sake give me a break...:D Thanks for the help you guys I thought I was going crazy....lol

Leave yourself on the general log page. Check exact time in about 5 minutes of being on the general log page. My time comparison between the page and actual drifts. I'm sure its a webui thing because when you discover that the time out you can refresh the page and the time is corrected. ** Note this only works if you stay on the log page and watch and compare.

The elapsed time shown on the page is calculated by your browser, it's not provided by the router until you reload the page to query the router again. Browser isn't running code in realtime, so there might be an accumulating delay between the moment it fires up its 1000 ms event and it increases the number by one second.

In short: the router's clock is fine, this is a browser-only issue.

The elapsed time shown on the page is calculated by your browser, it's not provided by the router until you reload the page to query the router again. Browser isn't running code in realtime, so there might be an accumulating delay between the moment it fires up its 1000 ms event and it increases the number by one second.

In short: the router's clock is fine, this is a browser-only issue.
Thank you sir!! Thanks for the explanation it makes perfect sense. Keep up the great work @RMerlin !!

Hello,

i have a RT-AC86U and its running firmware 382.1_2 right now.
There is a firmware update available with the version 384.3 from Febuary 14th.

When i try to flash the router the popup showing the flash process will say: Firmware update unsuccessful

I am confused why this is happening. Can someone please enlighten me?

Hello,

i have a RT-AC86U and its running firmware 382.1_2 right now.
There is a firmware update available with the version 384.3 from Febuary 14th.

When i try to flash the router the popup showing the flash process will say: Firmware update unsuccessful

I am confused why this is happening. Can someone please enlighten me?

Try removing any USB devices (from the router) and reboot the router before updating.

I tried to update twice, rebooted the router once. No USB devices are plugged in.
You are saying the update should work no problem?
Also, just in case is it possible to cross flash try the original ASUS firmware without risk?

I have alpha2 installed on an RT-AC3200. Yesterday whilst I was out I got a warning that my router had gone down (from the f8lure monitoring tools). Sure enough I arrive home and though wifi devices could connect, there was seemingly no connectivity.

Given the time of night (and was in bed) I just did a reboot and didn't investigate in detail. Looking at the logs now I don't see anything happening prior to the manual (from GUI) reboot.

I think I saw this with the official firmware previously (one of the 382 lines) so it may not be merlin specific. will keep on eye on how this goes

Anyone have problem with Full RAM? My router is AC5300, sometimes it freeze and I saw in systemlog >>> Full RAM >>> Killing process.

I am unable to delete off-line clients using the "Show Offline Client List". Not sure is this is specific to my setup.

Is there a way to clean this up manually?

[QUOTE = "unsynaps, post: 384333, member: 33935"] Ya me cansé de esperar y compré un 86. No es culpa de Merlín, por supuesto, pero Asus está empezando a oler a Apple. Cortar hardware que realmente no tiene ninguna razón para ser. [/ QUOTE]

Esa es mi próxima compra, pero por ahora tengo que aguantar el 87U. Me duele desde que obtuve 200€

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.