What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also let the kernel handle the memory management. It does take some getting used to seeing your memory graphs always high. I also believe the system will run better since the kernel does a good job of both caching frequently used pages and managing the memory when an application wants more.
Who am I to disagree with the kernel developers - let them decide when/how to flush/use the memory ;-)
Just curious and learning. :) Is allowing the kernel to handle memory management the default behavior of the firmware?

A minor issue with this release:

The buttons in the Tools>Other Settings>Misc Options are not operable in iOS. They work fine in Windows, so I’m thinking it must be a uniquely Apple strangeness?

All other buttons work fine, so far as I’m aware.

Just curious and learning. :) Is allowing the kernel to handle memory management the default behavior of the firmware?
No. Look to the Tools/Other Settings Tab/Advanced Tweaks and Hacks.

No. Look to the Tools/Other Settings Tab/Advanced Tweaks and Hacks.
Well now I am confused. I have that option set to No (even though the default is Yes) because of this post way back. The setting dialog is a bit confusing as to what is going to happen. If I set it to Yes, it regularly flushes the cache so that the memory watchers don't get nervous but, if I set it to No, it use the memory as it sees fit and flushes as memory is needed. The No setting would seem like the router is managing the memory as it sees fit. A yes setting would be a regular schedule of clearing it. Do I have this backwards or am I mixing up two separate things?

Does anyone know what the Quantenna Firmware version is on the 87U with this new 384 branch?
Unchanged since 380.69.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

I've installed 384.4_alpha1-gc4fc92d on the 87U and it works fine thus far. I tried to update to the alpha2 firmware, but for some reason the firmware doesn't seem to "take" and it stays on 384.4_alpha1-gc4fc92d. Any troubleshooting pointers?

I've installed 384.4_alpha1-gc4fc92d on the 87U and it works fine thus far. I tried to update to the alpha2 firmware, but for some reason the firmware doesn't seem to "take" and it stays on 384.4_alpha1-gc4fc92d. Any troubleshooting pointers?
Update manually alpha2

Due to lack of memory...
Suggest reboot without USB drive and update the firmware.. if need to, temporary shut down ai protection as it took some memory too.

Due to lack of memory...
Suggest reboot without USB drive and update the firmware.. if need to, temporary shut down ai protection as it took some memory too.
Thanks that was the issue. Took a couple of reboots but I managed to update it :)

Uptime is now at 4 days no changes to the system made in that time period or required in same period. This is proving to be a stable build for the AC3100.

Did 384.4 change anything related to temperature readings?

My RT-AC68U is suddenly running a lot (10-15°C) cooler and I'm at a loss to explain why. I'm in an air-conditioned environment so ambient temperature doesn't fluctuate much and nothing has changed with regards to air flow.

Well now I am confused. I have that option set to No (even though the default is Yes) because of this post way back. The setting dialog is a bit confusing as to what is going to happen. If I set it to Yes, it regularly flushes the cache so that the memory watchers don't get nervous but, if I set it to No, it use the memory as it sees fit and flushes as memory is needed. The No setting would seem like the router is managing the memory as it sees fit. A yes setting would be a regular schedule of clearing it. Do I have this backwards or am I mixing up two separate things?
I did not see the post you are referring to nor do I follow exactly what it suggests. I just switched off memory management and these are my findings.

Like a few others, I am getting some wierds on my ac3200. Changes to any of the wireless settings do not stick, and applying will take that radio offline. Only a power recycle will bring the radio back, but it will be set to auto channel. Before anyone asks, did do a reset and power cycle before applying the firmware and then a power cycle after, before adding settings back in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAC filter page looks correct on alpha 2.

Still have router shares showing on my network that shouldn't be though.

These are my settings

0358ZH9.png

uvwkyLQ.png

Works for me. Make sure you don't enable WINS or Master Browser support on that same page - that requires Samba.

did do a reset and power cycle before applying the firmware and then a power cycle after, before adding settings back in..
you need to do the factory reset AFTER loading the new firmware (even if you did one before).

Works for me. Make sure you don't enable WINS or Master Browser support on that same page - that requires Samba.
The WINS setting was enabled, but I didn't do that myself, any chance that could default as off? Or be set off if the user disables the shares?

Status
Not open for further replies.