What's new

problem wifi lightbulb after update to 386.4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darkmagister

New Around Here
Hello, i've a RT-AX58CU and i've updated from 386.2_6 to 386.4 and after the update i get some disconnection from the wifi with 2 lightbulb (only this 2 that are the same model of xiaomi/philips white lightbulb) i don't know why these two they stay connected but after a few minutes they becase unresponsive.

any ideas why? is there something i can change on the router to fix this? can i try to downgrade to check if the problem persist ??

thanks

Last edited:
There is a number of things to try in the following thread. However, it would seem that it is a big in the current GPL that Asus gave Merlin that has been fixed upstream. Merlin will have to wait for Asus to provide new GPLs

from what i can see, if i downgrade i have to manually reinsert all my static dhcp configuration right? but can i just downgrade uploading the older version or i have to reset the router also?

If you saved your config before upgrading, then you should be fine to downgrade, then import your saved settings.

i had a backup of the old settings, so i tried uploading the old version 386.2_6, but i still find all the config on the dhcp server, i didn't restored the old config and now everything seems to work again, and the light are connected after more than an hour, i will try maybe updating to a 386.3 but i think that if this version work i will keep this for a little more...
thanks