What's new

Problems connecting Apple devices to RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pete y testing

Very Senior Member
hi , on stock firmware

have just noticed issue with the apple type devices connecting to the RT-AC68U , it doesnt reboot or anything just gets real slow and laggy and needs the modem rebooted to fix it

works fine with a connected asus pce - ac68

hi , on stock firmware

have just noticed issue with the apple type devices connecting to the wrt1900AC , it doesnt reboot or anything just gets real slow and laggy and needs the modem rebooted to fix it

A few questions:

1. What version of stock firmware?
  2. What Apple devices? What IOS version?
  3. Are you rebooting the WRT to fix it? (You said "modem")

I have 6 Apple devices - 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, 2 iPod Touch, and 1 iMac. I don't have any issues.

hi , on stock firmware

have just noticed issue with the apple type devices connecting to the wrt1900AC , it doesnt reboot or anything just gets real slow and laggy and needs the modem rebooted to fix it

Do you mean that the Apple devices are having performance issues and when that is occurring the PCE-AC68 isn't? The you reboot the modem to solve the issue?

If this is the case then try using Media prioritization and set the PCI-AC68 as low priority and the other Apple devices as high.

hi , on stock firmware

Create a new location in the network preferences of your Mac.
Make sure it grabs the DNS from the router.

If you are talking about an Apple TV reset the DNS using the Automatic settings in the Apple TV network settings.

hi , on stock firmware

Haven't noticed any issues with IOS/Mac OSX when I was testing the unit that were unusual... other than B/G/N/AC mode did have issues with a number of clients in 2.4GHz - not just Apple devices, but Linux across multiple vendor chipsets (Broadcom, Atheros, Ralink) - once set to B/G/N only, everything settled down, right as rain...

The Linksys does default to 20/40 Auto and B/G/N/AC mode in 2.4GHz - try setting to 20MHz Only, B/G/N only - and might want to reset network settings on the iPod/iPhone/iPad/Apple TV's and a new Network Profile on the Mac OSX side once the 2.4GHz settings are lined up...

You didn't mention common SSID or not for 5GHz... for most testing I used separate SSID's for performance and range testing, but also tested common SSID and they all worked just fine - picking the 'right' radio mode...

sfx

hi

sorry just realized this thread is for the wrt1900ac , i am referring to the asus rt-ac68u in this case

on stock asus firmware version 3.0.0.4.374_5656

i always use separate ssid names for 2.4 gig and 5 gig :)

its an ipad2 and an iphone 4s , nothing else seems to be effected other than the apple devices , and no real sign of the issue in the logs , the 2 device just seem to bog down after a period of time and only a power cycle fixes it

am testing some more to see if i can fig out whats going on , its a strange one as its random but only effects those apple devices

pete

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!