What's new

Problems with wifi6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neuro

New Around Here
I have an gt-axe16000 router but Wi-Fi 6 does not appear on my iPhone 15 Pro, and I changed the 160MHz configuration and nothing. I also factory reset the router but I have had no results. I checked the specifications and it says that the iPhone supports Wi-Fi 6, however. I can't see the network while on my computer I can connect to Wi-Fi 6

It's the phone, not the router then.

It's not the iPhone, they support WiFi6 just fine...

If we're talking about WiFi 6e specifically, there were some issues with AP's and Routers not adding the appropriate headers in the beacons so that devices could find and attach.

Not sure if the GT-AXE16000 has picked up the fixes for 6e there, but the iPhone should still find the 5Ghz band just fine...

I have an gt-axe16000 router but Wi-Fi 6 does not appear on my iPhone 15 Pro, and I changed the 160MHz configuration and nothing. I also factory reset the router but I have had no results. I checked the specifications and it says that the iPhone supports Wi-Fi 6, however. I can't see the network while on my computer I can connect to Wi-Fi 6
It may help if you post readable screenshots your WiFi settings (both General and Professional pages) with sensitive information (SSID and password) blocked out so others can see exactly what settings you have configured on your router. It may also help to do the same with the iPhone WiFi settings again with sensitive settings blacked out.

Could it be note 8 in this firmware release?

1700713151430.png

OE

What do you mean by "Wi-Fi 6 does not appear on my iPhone 15 Pro"? You don't see any SSID broadcasted? You have 2 5GHz and 1 6GHz radio and all are by default 802.11ax.
Try using one of the 5GHz radio on lower channels, 36 to 64. That band should be seen by any device.
Another option: did you buy you iphone from an "exotic" country? Some devices sold in some countries in Asia will see limited number of U-NII-2C channels (100 to 140) and it will see nothing in 6GHz because regulator in that country simply does not allow 6GHz.

It's not the iPhone, they support WiFi6 just fine...

If we're talking about WiFi 6e specifically, there were some issues with AP's and Routers not adding the appropriate headers in the beacons so that devices could find and attach.

Not sure if the GT-AXE16000 has picked up the fixes for 6e there, but the iPhone should still find the 5Ghz band just fine...
yes with 5Ghz just fine but, wifi 6 can't find it

It may help if you post readable screenshots your WiFi settings (both General and Professional pages) with sensitive information (SSID and password) blocked out so others can see exactly what settings you have configured on your router. It may also help to do the same with the iPhone WiFi settings again with sensitive settings blacked out.

Attachments

• professional 1.png
    professional 1.png
    434.6 KB · Views: 48
  • professional 2.png
    professional 2.png
    262.8 KB · Views: 43
  • wifi part 1.png
    wifi part 1.png
    358 KB · Views: 35
  • wifi part 2.png
    wifi part 2.png
    360.4 KB · Views: 43
What do you mean by "Wi-Fi 6 does not appear on my iPhone 15 Pro"? You don't see any SSID broadcasted? You have 2 5GHz and 1 6GHz radio and all are by default 802.11ax.
Try using one of the 5GHz radio on lower channels, 36 to 64. That band should be seen by any device.
Another option: did you buy you iphone from an "exotic" country? Some devices sold in some countries in Asia will see limited number of U-NII-2C channels (100 to 140) and it will see nothing in 6GHz because regulator in that country simply does not allow 6GHz.
i buy iphone and router in USA

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!