What's new

question about dns setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IUxplode

Occasional Visitor
ths is my wan setup.. its ok not not? coz i have dns issue if i set the dns privacy to none

1628664370426.png

Last edited:
DNS issue? Please be more specific. If you assign custom DNS servers on the WAN and specify None for the DNS privacy protocol, all it means is those custom DNS servers will be accessed (w/ traditional port 53 DNS over the WAN) rather than the DNS servers from the ISP. So I don't know what issue you're referring to.

DNS issue? Please be more specific. If you assign custom DNS servers on the WAN and specify None for the DNS privacy protocol, all it means is those custom DNS servers will be accessed (w/ traditional port 53 DNS over the WAN) rather than the DNS servers from the ISP. So I don't know what issue you're referring to.
Server DNS Address Could Not Be Found on the browser when i browse the web

Are you perhaps using a DNS filter? Because as I said, this isn't all that complicated. All that setting "Connect to DNS server automatically" to No does is allow you specify your own preferred DNS server. Simple as that. It shouldn't force you to use DNS privacy.

Perhaps the problem is on the client itself. Some browsers now do there own DNS lookups w/ DoT or DoH, for security reasons. IOW, the browser never queries the router's DNS server (DNSMasq) in such cases. That's problem what's happening if you can otherwise successfully do a DNS lookup from the command line on the client.

Code:
nslookup google.com