What's new

R-AC87u new branch 382

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

June 2016 has come and gone and still BETA on all Asus MU-MIMO routers. Wake up Asus and Broadcom!
in latest 382 fw for 87u i not see beta prefix in mu-mimo feature.

Year 2017 is almost over and still no 382 version for AC87U. Guess it might be on the bottom of the list of the 382 release? Not sure if it will ever get the limited AiMesh support at all with this pace.
Not holding my breath on that or on the hope that Asus will make it better product ( their flagship product ? ) but will have to look for another router at some point.

RT-AC87U will probably receive 382 at some point I guess but would be buggy . So either Asus wouldn't bother to fix them or get away with the "chipset limitation" excuse. On way or the other Asus is and will probably move away from it.

On way or the other Asus is and will probably move away from it.

In that case i would get another router be it Asus or another manufacture. Don't wait out in the cold. The 87 has been a problem since it's release. Do you think it will get better with time ??

I thought I read somewhere that Asus plan is to get RT-AC87U to 382 branch, but with (almost) lowest priority. AC86U and RT-AC5300 were in the first group. RT-AC88U, RT-AC68U (and RT-AC3200?) are in the second group, while DSL-AC68U and RT-AC87U are in the last group to get. I can barely remember where I read this from, so it might not be accurate.

i have latest beta for 87u and work ok. When Asus release it for all ? I don't know.

Since when do you have it?
And can you tell what you like about it, compared to the last official one?

Yes build similar than latest official for 88u. WOrk quite ok for me, and it;s stable (more than 10days uptime since instalation)

Yes build similar than latest official for 88u.

Also Mesh Support!

Has this beta a repeater mode?

Will change the AC68U wit the AC87U

Last edited:
no mesh, repeater i not use

no share, no screen, no talk becouse all will be deleted by mod/admins