What's new

Rbr50v2 Conversion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After flashing I did full factory reset. I tried to connect satellite to network (all my units are running latest V9.2.5.2.32SF-HW firmware) but it wasnt connecting (likely due to different firmware). So after reset i flashed through TFTP schmellic V9.2.5.2.32SF-HW modified firmware. It went well.
After some dancing (had to use ethernet cable to connect satellite first) new converted unit succesfully connected to the network through 5 GHZ backhaul.
What was involved with your "dancing"? I have been unable to get any of the voxel schmellic firmwares to join as a satellite (tried RBR50_to_RBS50-V9.2.5.2.32SF-HW.img and RBR50_to_RBS50-V9.2.5.2.28SF-HW.img so far on my RBR50 with V9.2.5.2.31SF-HW). Thinking it was something wrong with my process, I tried schmellic RBR50_to_RBS50-V2.7.5.4.img firmware and it immediately joined my network as a satellite, but ideally I would want to stick with the voxel firmwares.

Any ideas what is going on or suggestions on how to get them connected? I have also done a direct ethernet between the RBR50 router and the converted RBR50 hoping it could do a config sync via wire then move onto 5G backhaul, but so far no dice.

Do I have to go back to RBR50-V2.5.2.4.img or RBR50_to_RBS50-V2.5.2.4.img before flashing the voxel firmwares? I know for the non-converted models, that is recommended if not required.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!