What's new

Recently recieved a modem replacement after old one died. Now my moca wont let it connect!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fraaz

New Around Here
Hey! After a power outage, my old router (arris TM1602) completely died. I went to Spectrum and received a new one (es2251) plugged everything in and activated it things were good. Then power cycled and plugged my Moca adapter in (screen-beam ecb6250) and the modem went offline. Since getting my new router I can't get my moca adapter to work again. I've seen a couple of suggestions here. it's possible that it's because the new router is Docsis 3.1, or maybe the modem is just not compatible with Moca. I would love some suggestions on how to get things working again. I also purchased a Moca filter and it's on the way. anything helps!

(p.s. i have the modem and the moca adapter coaxes connected via splitter, and the router to the moca. Then running the my basement, where all of the coax cables connect, then to my room in the basement where the other Moca lives.)

The new DOCSIS 3.1 modem is likely sensitive to MoCA signals. Installing a MoCA filter directly on its coax port, as a prophylactic, should resolve the issue.

Depending on when the new filter is due to arrive, a short-term workaround would be to adjust your MoCA network to operate in the D-High frequency range, 1350-1675 MHz, above the D3.1 “initial rollout” max frequency of 1218 MHz.

Last edited:
The new DOCSIS 3.1 modem is likely sensitive to MoCA signals. Installing a MoCA filter directly on its coax port, as a prophylactic, should resolve the issue.

Depending on when the new filter is due to arrive, a short-term workaround would be to adjust your MoCA network to operate in the D-High frequency range, 1350-1675 MHz, above the D3.1 “initial rollout” max frequency of 1218 MHz.
it should be here by tomorrow so ill keep you posted! thanks

Did you just refer to a MOCA filter as a condom?