What's new

Redial PPPoE to change WAN Ip Address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steakikan

New Around Here
Hi, can anyone guide me on this?
My ISP has 3 different ip address group on which those starting with 36. and 118. doesn't have public access.
Is it possible to create a script that check if the ip address start with 36 or 118 and then redial/reboot to get new Wan address? Thanks

We dont know your equipment, setup, firmware used or config at all - nobody can help without any information.
At least you should use Merlin to write a script for it.

Ah sorry on that, my equipment is RT-AC86U with Merlin Firmware. I plan on writing the script but quite noobs on that so any pointers can be a good help.
The connection is using PPPoE thru an ONT on Wan port. Is there anything else I need to provide? Thanks

I found out by using the following command
ifconfig ppp0 | grep "inet addr"
I could get the internet address like this
inet addr:180.***.***.*** P-t-P:180.***.***.*** Mask:255.255.255.255
Just need more exploration on how to store that to variable, isolate the ip address and do comparison check

Hi all, just a little more question. Does the ddns-start script get called without custom setting? Or I need to change to custom script to get it called? Thanks