What's new

[Release 380] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi, I am on latest update 380.69 but still get annoying messages new update available please fix it!

Hi, I am on latest update 380.69 but still get annoying messages new update available please fix it!
If it's so annoying you can turn it off here:
Tools=> Other Settings => New firmware version check => No

...please fix it!
Do realize that Merlin updates this code for free and that it requires a large amount of work... updates, maintaining versions and answering many questions in this forum?

Perhaps it wasn't your intent however the "!" at the end of your post makes your statement sound unappreciative and demanding. May I suggest a softer approach when reporting "potential" bugs... many of which turn out not to be bugs but due to User error and/or ignorance however still absorb much of Merlin's and other forum members' time to resolve... again all for free.

Totally agreed. People just take things for granted. Sound like kids who want the latest toy but cry when they don't know how to handle with it.

You never mentionned what router model you have... If it's an RT-AC88U or RT-AC3100, then the update checker is accurate: you do not have the latest version.

Updated my router (TM-AC1900 flashed to RT-AC68U) to 380.69 last Saturday. Backed up my config settings just to be safe. But I haven't encountered any issues so far. GUI works fine.
Thanks @RMerlin for your hard work.

What's the process to do this - a friend with one of these is envious of ab-solution on my n66u - is there a thread/sticky? are you willing to point me in the right direction?

What's the process to do this - a friend with one of these is envious of ab-solution on my n66u - is there a thread/sticky? are you willing to point me in the right direction?

Basically, it involves rewriting the T-Mobile CFE with stock ASUS's. Then install the ASUS stock fw. From there you can install Merlin fw. There are some variations of the instructions on line:

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=73690012&postcount=3895
https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=92546119&postcount=5816
https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=92917711

Honestly, I can't remember which one I followed. I think it was the bootymonger instructions (the second link).
Obligatory warning: it will void the router's warranty, and there's a chance the router will be bricked.

RT-AC87U
today downgraded from 380.69 to 380.68.4.

Why? Lately I experienced connection problems with the chromecast 2 and today I came to the conclusion that I also did not get my download speed via both wifi and UTP. The router is set as an access point and the UTP cable is connected to the WAN port of the router from a LAN port on the modem. When I connected my laptop directly to the modem with UTP cable i got 150 Mbit/s and via the router only 95 Mbit/s. After rebooting router, full internet speed up to a few minutes after startup. Further analysis showed that the link -state connection speed of the WAN port in the router changes from 1 Gbps to 100 mbit/s after a few minutes. Several reboots later the situation remains unchanged. After the firmware downgrading, the problems have disappeared. So i think it's something in the ethernet auto negotiation protocol of the router thats not going well.

How about a more decent approach... "!"
(esp since this is feature you yourself can/must switch on/off)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Do we really need to look in a mirror upside down to be able to read your signature? As you said .... Fix it! :oops:

....and Reboot!
Just for fun you could have said "perform factory default reset" :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

If it's so annoying you can turn it off here:
Tools=> Other Settings => New firmware version check => No
Thanks will do, not working still says new update available confused 380.69 or 382 is latest version?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!