What's new

[Release 380] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I agree with Siena. Even after downgrading I am still having issues with the UI. Slow to respond, slow to load, and frequent disconnects on wifi.
This is the worst ever. Slowed everything down to a crawl and even after downgrading to 380.68_4 the problem remains the same. The absolute pits. Do not upgrade.
Try a factory reset?

Same here with my 56U. On my 66U, the setting does work so it seems specific with that model.
Not all models support Asus's tunnel service.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Okay, was finally able to revert back to a working state. It involved a lot of retrying before the ui would finally load properly. I reverted back to 380.68_4 and then since I make backup my settings I simply had to upload them and things were fixed.

What is weird is that before I uploaded my settings things were very slow but right after uploading them performance of the ui returned back to normal.

nd even after downgrading to 380.68_4 the problem remains the same.

This indicates that your problem has nothing to do with the firmware update but with something else in your environment.

Upgraded from 380.68_4 on an AC5300 and the WebUI is horribly slow to load.

All my final pr-release tests were actually done on an RT-AC5300 here, without any problem. Make sure you don't run a security suite on your computer that interferes with the webui (Eset and Kaspersky has been known to interfere in the past). Also note that https doesn't work properly under Chrome, but works fine with every other browsers, which indicates a bug in Chrome itself.

All my final pr-release tests were actually done on an RT-AC5300 here, without any problem. Make sure you don't run a security suite on your computer that interferes with the webui (Eset and Kaspersky has been known to interfere in the past). Also note that https doesn't work properly under Chrome, but works fine with every other browsers, which indicates a bug in Chrome itself.

The webpage was also slow through my phone as well, so I doubt it was due to my antivirus. However, I was using Chrome on my computer and my phone. I also tried it with Firefox on my computer to try and eliminate the browser as a problem but it was also slow on Firefox.

Same problem, significant drop in the connection. In chrome inposible to navigate tried with firefox same problem. I have returned to 380.68_4 and everything has returned to normal

Here is my summary (AC5300).

1. UI sluggish issue: i did see this happen. However, it might not related to this firmware update. I saw this after factory reset (380.68_4). After reboot the device one or two times, it's gone;

2. Poor WiFI performance after 380.69. It's gone after one or two reboots;

3. UI Page partial load/slow: Chrome https issue, switch to another browser or use http;

4. Extremely slow LAN performance: related to the Per IP Traffic Monitoring setting. After disable it, performance became normal. BTW, RT-87R doesn't have this issue.

Thanks Merlin.

Thanks Merlin for all your hard work... again :)

For 1900p (68u) is it worth upgrading to this one from 380.68_4? I use samba shares and I see some security fixes in this release. Also there is no Krack fix in this release nor in the 382.1_2 for 68u?

I assume it's expected that an RT-AC3100 on 380.69 reports that a firmware upgrade is available, which I assume is referring to "382.1_2".

Poor WiFI performance after 380.69. It's gone after one or two reboots;

The last wifi-related change for the rT-AC5300 was back on June 20th.

nor in the 382.1_2 for 68u?

The RT-AC68U was not supported by 382.1. It's currently under development for 382.2.

I assume it's expected that an RT-AC3100 on 380.69 reports that a firmware upgrade is available, which I assume is referring to "382.1_2".

Correct. I only provided 380.69 builds for these models for people wanting for some reason to stay on the 380 branch for now, 382.1_2 is currently the latest for RT-AC88U and RT-AC3100.

Flashed rt-1900 and n66, so far so good. GUI is working fine.
-Disable Asus Tunnel option is not sticking with both on a reboot

RT-AC66. FTP does not work. It gets connected but disconnected immediately. 380_66 works well with the same configuration. This has been reported by someone else some time ago, a few versions back I think, something about old MIPS machines not compatible with newer vsftpd version.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-50-beta-2-is-out.22485/page-9#post-164168

AC66's FTP did not work with 380.68_4 either.

(Not sure this is relevant, I used custom port with /jffs/configs/vsftpd.config and manually configured iptables for the hole. Ran several tests with different versions, all factory reset)

Last edited:
This indicates that your problem has nothing to do with the firmware update but with something else in your environment.

380.68_4 is still the best and fastest as after usage it is what was before, I have restored jiffs and the settings backup just in case and it's up to speed without any problem. With my deep appreciation for your outstanding work, but 380.69 just did not do it for me.

Upgraded and it´s working pretty good, ac68u / the only problem is that I never get 1000MB on QoS even after cleaning the cache or cleaning the NVRAM

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 556

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!