What's new

[Release 380] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does OpenVPN have the Obfuscation patch on Merlin?

No. That patch is a bad hack, and is made obsolete by tls-crypt anyway.

Installed on my AC3200. "Ethernet Ports" on the home screen (Newtork Map tab) are blank.

Make sure you install the final release, not the beta. That bug was only present in the beta.

Thanks Merlin for all your hard work... again :)

For 1900p (68u) is it worth upgrading to this one from 380.68_4? I use samba shares and I see some security fixes in this release. Also there is no Krack fix in this release nor in the 382.1_2 for 68u?

Yes, definitely..if only for the CVE fixes..let alone the SAMBA patches.

Just updated my rt-ac5300. In opposite to previous version jffs partition was not overwrited, No need to backup, No problem with iptraffic data.

Interface seems to work smoother. Thanks Merlin. Great Job!

Had a big problem after I downloaded this New firmware release to my RT66U. When it downloaded somewhere around 72% something got messed up and had hard time connecting to 2.4 and 5. Did a factory reset and still weren't connect. Keep getting message on router:
"Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly"

Finally after 2 hours somehow my computer found both. Any idea why this happened? Thanks

Just to clarify, was the computer with the new firmware file uploading it to the router wirelessly?
yeah, don't do that. you somehow got lucky this time, but one of these days your luck will run out.

From here, I would think that to prevent problems moving forward, you should do a full reset and go back to factory firmware, and THEN flash to current merlin. (somebody will probably tell me I'm wrong about this...) once you have that handled, install @thelonelycoder 's amtm, entware and ab-solution.

Runs like a train on my AC87U. Much appreciated.

I only notice one bug: I use the 'Allow only specified IP address' option for access to the webUI and SSH, but this no longer works.
I have set one client IP to manage the router, but no matter if I turn the option on or off, the WebUI and ssh is accessible by all my connected devices, even thru VPN.

This bug was also present in the previous version (380.68_4)
Not sure if it was present in the version before that, but it used to work a couple of versions back.

Other than that everything is running smooth here :)
Thanks again for your hard work!

After some more testing it seems the issue is only present with clients connected thru VPN. In 380.69 when I enable restriction to SSH and webUI only my LAN devices cannot access it. All my clients connected through VPN can. Even though the VPN subnet isn't even in the 'allow specified IP' section. In the previous release it was totally broken and all of my LAN devices could also access the webUI

Last edited:
Could not install on the 68U of a family member. Router repeatedly insisted that the file was corrupt (or for the wrong model), while the SHA-256 checksum was OK, for several downloads.

After a reboot of the router it installed without any complaints...

Apologies if this should be in a new thread. I've been using Merlin firmware on my 68U for about 2 years now, always the most recent final release, and often a beta. An intermittent problem with some firmware releases has been that the 5Ghz network stays connected on the LAN, but loses Internet traffic. This problem didn't occur once on 380.68_4, but is now back on 380.69. Not a bit deal, as I can always use 2.4Ghz when this happens, but if anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot this, please let me know?

AC87U and AC66U both running great on 380.69 after 380.68_4 update. Prior to switching to the merlin code a few weeks ago, was having daily random timeouts in printing to my WiFi EPSON printer over many ASUS firmware levels. This issue resolved via merlin code, "priceless"!!

AC87U and AC66U both running great on 380.69 after 380.68_4 update. Prior to switching to the merlin code a few weeks ago, was having daily random timeouts in printing to my WiFi EPSON printer over many ASUS firmware levels. This issue resolved via merlin code, "priceless"!!

Probably because by default Merlin disables airtime fairness which has been an issue for some time on the factory firmware.

Yes, definitely..if only for the CVE fixes..let alone the SAMBA patches.

Thanks Merlin and you for your feedback. I just did upgrade from 380.68_4 and everything seems to be in order. :)

I'm using this fw on 68U as media bridge and just wondering. Is there a way to expose router wifi scheduler to control wifi?

Upgraded my AC68U. No issues at all. Great job. Thanks!

I have two AC66U's Both have problems with 2.4 GHz; disconnects, bad or no throughput. 5.8, and LAN are OK. I started noticing problems happening on the last update 380.68.04, and it continues on 380.69.0.

After looking at stuffs, I find that the LAN and 2.4 MAC's are identical in both routers.

AC66U AP Mode:
LAN MAC address F0:79:59:C6:A1:A0
Wireless 2.4GHz MAC address F0:79:59:C6:A1:A0

linetwo2.png

AC66U Wireless router mode
LAN MAC address E0:3F:49:99:91:A8
Wireless 2.4GHz MAC address E0:3F:49:99:91:A8

I setup a guest 2.4 networks and everything is great through guest network.
I tried factory resets, but the MAC's stay the same.

I have set one client IP to manage the router, but no matter if I turn the option on or off, the WebUI and ssh is accessible by all my connected devices, even thru VPN.

Works for me. Check the INPUT and ACCESS_RESTRICTION chains on your router. If you customize your firewall rules, make sure you don't conflict with them.

I seem to be having an issue with 380.69 on my RT-AC66U which I'm using in 'Media Bridge' mode. Since upgrading I find the computers connected to it sporadically can't connect to the internet when booted or brought out of standby (though they do register the connected Ethernet cables). When I try to fault find via the RT-AC66U's WebUI I can initially log in but then it stops responding after between 5 and 30 seconds. All subsequent attempts to access the WebUI then fail. The Asus 'Device Discovery' app still finds the router, but I can't connect to it because it says I'm not on the same network / sub-net (ipconfig in the CMD) will at this point show that my IP address has changed to something random. To resolve the issue a hard reset of the RT-AC66U it required, but the issue recurs after maybe 24 hours.

I tried a factory reset but the problem recurred.

I have reverted to 380.68_4 to see if this resolves the problem. I was on 380.68_4 before and all was well.

My router is a Virgin Media Super Hub 3.

Works for me. Check the INPUT and ACCESS_RESTRICTION chains on your router. If you customize your firewall rules, make sure you don't conflict with them.

Thanks for your reply Merl. Did you test with VPN connected clients?
I don't use any custom firewall rules and after some testing it's only the clients connected through the VPN tunnel which have access. The LAN devices do get locked out.
When i take a look at iptables there are two relevant INPUT rules;

-A INPUT -i tun21 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80,22 -j ACCESS_RESTRICTION
And three ACCESS_RESTRICTION rules which contain the management IP and pixelserv IP

-A ACCESS_RESTRICTION -s <management ip>/32 -j RETURN
-A ACCESS_RESTRICTION -s <pixelserv-tls ip>/32 -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80 -j ACCEPT
-A ACCESS_RESTRICTION -j DROP

Shouldn't the INPUT rule for the VPN tunnel be below the INPUT rule for the ACCESS_RESTRICTION?
I'm not an expert in reading the iptables, so maybe i'm missing something?

Anyway, it has always worked and I never changed anything to the firewall realy. So I find it a bit strange to not be working all of a sudden.

Hi Merlin, thanks for great work with modding firmware (AC88U).

I have question, could you include wireless-tools (iwconfig etc) in next release? Or it is already exists but renamed :)

It would ungate the aircrack-ng toolchain on those devices since it is required to start monitorin device and one thin I really hate is rebooting together with 'burining' live usb sticks ...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!