What's new

[Release 380] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After 10 day of usage ascd process takes a 82MB memory, and it eat memory every day
PID PPID USER STAT VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
304 1 admin S 82712 34.3 0 0.0 /usr/sbin/acsd

How to fix this? After reboot this process acsd does the same.

Last edited:
After 10 day of usage ascd process takes a 82MB memory, and it eat memory every day
PID PPID USER STAT VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
304 1 admin S 82712 34.3 0 0.0 /usr/sbin/acsd

How to fix this? After reboot this process acsd does the same.
Not sure there is something to fix: How much free memory do you have? Free includes also the 'cached' value (as it will be freed if needed). :rolleyes:
If the available free memory is more then 20% of the total 256 MBytes you are very, very fine and nothing to fix here - especially as acsd is closed source from Broadcom! :oops:

Last edited:
Not sure there is something to fix: How much free memory do you have? Free includes also the 'cached' value (as it will be freed if needed). :rolleyes:
If the available free memory is more then 20% of the total 256 MBytes you are very, very fine and nothing to fix here - especially as acsd is closed source from Broadcom! :oops:

Memory that isn't used is wasted memory.

Reminds me of win XP days where people were freaking out about the amount of free ram being too small because it was being used.

Linux is good with memory management I wouldn't worry about it.

I have time where my free memory let 20mb. But after sometime it when back to 60-80mb. I didn’t on auto refresh memory memory as I feel the cpu is working too hard clearing those cache.

Yes. Agree memory that are not use is a waste of memory. Router should perform better with cache. Clear cache too frequently will coz cpu to work really hard.

Been running this for just over 24 hours and no problems

Model
RT-AC5300
Firmware Version 380.69_1-ga160108

Understanding it's pre-release. Any concerns about stability? I have the AC68U in AP mode.

Should be fine, it's mostly a few security fixes, there's no big change over 380.69.

Should be fine, it's mostly a few security fixes, there's no big change over 380.69.

Thanks Merlin. Is there a time period that you will stop supporting the 380 for security fixes. Understood on features. Reason I ask, for my application of the AP is very basic usage as I have enterprise systems running and controlling the network. Will there be any benefits of the 384 (outside of security) from a feature for AP? I know it's very subjective but curious to get your perspective. Thanks for all the great support.

Thanks Merlin. Is there a time period that you will stop supporting the 380 for security fixes.

I haven't decided on a specific timeframe yet because it will depend on how soon Asus will migrate all the supported models to 382/384. Chances are once I have a stable 384 release for all the models I intend to support, development will completely cease for 380, except if there is an major security fix required (say, of the level of Heartbleed or something like that).

Will there be any benefits of the 384 (outside of security) from a feature for AP?

Asus being constantly improving on the firmware code, hard to predict what future changes might benefit APs in particular. It will also depend on your particular needs.

I haven't decided on a specific timeframe yet because it will depend on how soon Asus will migrate all the supported models to 382/384. Chances are once I have a stable 384 release for all the models I intend to support, development will completely cease for 380, except if there is an major security fix required (say, of the level of Heartbleed or something like that).

Asus being constantly improving on the firmware code, hard to predict what future changes might benefit APs in particular. It will also depend on your particular needs.

Thank you Merlin, appreciate the feedback. If I do upgrade to 384 from 380 do I need to perform a factory reset?

Thank you Merlin, appreciate the feedback. If I do upgrade to 384 from 380 do I need to perform a factory reset?
Yes and a browser cache clear

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69_2 is now available for all supported models.

Code:
- NOTE: The official IRC channel has moved to
        Freenode (#asuswrt).

- CHANGED: Quantenna watchdog is less likely now to
           incorrectly assume the QTN CPU has crashed
           (which can lead to router reboots). (RT-AC87U)
- FIXED: IE11 field validation issues on OpenVPN and
         DHCP pages.
- FIXED: Router crash when importing an OpenVPN certificate
         longer than 3499 characters (the supported limit)
- FIXED: Users were allowed to enter invalid characters on
         some of the OpenVPN client page fields.
- FIXED: CVE-2018-5999 in httpd (backport from 384_10007)
- FIXED: CVE-2018-5721 in httpd (Merlin & theMIROn)

Had 380.69_1 running nicely on my RT-AC87U. Finally able to install 380.69_2 after a technical fight with the router as uploading the code via the "firmware upload panel" would work, but after about 60 seconds the horizontal bar appeared showed, showing message "firmware upgrade unsuccessful". Tried power off/ons, no change, tried a factory reset by holding in the WPS button at power on, tried recover mode reset and still no success.
Did a "factory default restore" via the panel, then able to have a successful firmware install. Never been taken around the garden path before by my router to install new Merlin code, but the end results of Merlin's code and time in doing the update always so beneficial at the end of the day!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!