What's new

[Release 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Was having 95% RAM consumption. After a few hours it APPEARS that the alpha 2 either fixes it or masks / reports it at 74% to make users feel better Was thinking of going back to stock and I may well do so as really the two versions are converging. AC-86U

Runner is disabled right the moment I connect to the router using the Android app (ASUS Router).
Router RT-AC86U, firmware 382.1_2, Android app version 1.0.0.3.16

Dec 27 14:38:22 rc_service: httpd 759:notify_rc start_webs_update
Dec 27 14:38:23 kernel: ^[[0;33;45mBroadcom Packet Flow Cache HW acceleration disabled.^[[0m
Dec 27 14:38:23 kernel: Disabled Runner binding to Flow Cache
Dec 27 14:38:23 kernel: Init chrdev /dev/detector with major 190
Dec 27 14:38:23 kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_max = 8000
Dec 27 14:38:23 kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_timeout = 300 sec
Dec 27 14:38:25 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.1 3529123
Dec 27 14:38:25 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.14 r3529123
Dec 27 14:38:25 kernel: Init chrdev /dev/idpfw with major 191
Dec 27 14:38:25 kernel: IDPfw: flush fc
Dec 27 14:38:25 kernel: IDPfw: IDPfw is ready
Dec 27 14:38:25 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 280
Dec 27 14:38:49 kernel: IDPfw: Exit IDPfw
Dec 27 14:38:49 kernel: mod epilog takes 0 jiffies
Dec 27 14:38:49 kernel: IDPfw: Exit IDPfw
Dec 27 14:38:49 kernel: Exit chrdev /dev/idpfw with major 191
Dec 27 14:38:49 kernel: Exit chrdev /dev/detector with major 190
Dec 27 14:38:49 rc_service: bwdpi_check 785:notify_rc start_firewall
Dec 27 14:38:49 miniupnpd[1353]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Dec 27 14:38:49 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!
Dec 27 14:38:49 miniupnpd[19734]: HTTP listening on port 32770
Dec 27 14:38:49 miniupnpd[19734]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351

Is there any way to enable Runner without rebooting?

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I'm from Brazil and bought the RT-AC86U on GearBest.
After 59 days of purchase I received the router in and I already put the Merlin firmware.

I am still testing and configuring the router.

I did a little test with an external hard drive.

@RMerlin thank you so much for your firmware, thank it.

Goodbye.

Hi!

First of all thanks for all the work done on this firmware.

I've installed the 382.1_2 on my AC88U, and since I'm facing network drop during streaming between my Synology NAS and my Nvidia Shield (with SPMC).

I've this issue in both wired or Wifi.

I've attached a picture of the Wifi usage during streaming to illustrate what's happening.

Anyone here already faced this issue ?

Any help appreciated

BR

Attachments

• AC88U network drop.jpg
    AC88U network drop.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 442
Hi all!

This is the first time that I have ever had an issue with the firmware. I updated my RT-AC88U to 382.1_2 and after a while my internet speeds drop to almost unusable. I test at the modem, and all is well. I rebooted the router and speeds are back to normal, but the longer it's on, the slower it gets. The CPUs don't show any significant load, but even the the web management is slow to respond, and my app (android) can't see the router anymore. I have disabled the "Asusnat tunnel" option as recommended. Anyone else having this problem?

Thank you,

JR

Is there any way to enable Runner without rebooting?

Thanks.

Some things in the firmware will force it disabled, and I have no control over these (such as the Trend Micro-related code). Even if I told you how to enable it, the firmware would re-disable it.

Hi all!

This is the first time that I have ever had an issue with the firmware. I updated my RT-AC88U to 382.1_2 and after a while my internet speeds drop to almost unusable. I test at the modem, and all is well. I rebooted the router and speeds are back to normal, but the longer it's on, the slower it gets. The CPUs don't show any significant load, but even the the web management is slow to respond, and my app (android) can't see the router anymore. I have disabled the "Asusnat tunnel" option as recommended. Anyone else having this problem?

Thank you,

JR
i have drops of wifi speed (not wired) in 5ghz network with my ac88u. Solved after reboot and not all the times, i dont understand why

i have drops of wifi speed (not wired) in 5ghz network with my ac88u. Solved after reboot and not all the times, i dont understand why
Thank you for the reply. I'm a little confused on it also. It seems to be 2.4/5 GHz, and some wired as well. A reboot does fix it for me as well, but the longer it runs, the slower it gets :-(

Some things in the firmware will force it disabled, and I have no control over these (such as the Trend Micro-related code). Even if I told you how to enable it, the firmware would re-disable it.
But I don't have anything enabled that could interfere with Runner - AIProtection, QoS (traditional/adaptive) etc. are all off.
My point was that Runner is disabled by simply connecting the Android app to the router - an abnormal behavior I think.
After a reboot all is fine but I wanted a shortcut...

Hi all!

Thank you,

JR
I had this issue on a AC68U. I fixed the problem by resetting to factory defaults and re-configuring manually. Don't import any settings.

Thank you for the reply. I'm a little confused on it also. It seems to be 2.4/5 GHz, and some wired as well. A reboot does fix it for me as well, but the longer it runs, the slower it gets :-(
See post above for a fix.

I had this issue on a AC68U. I fixed the problem by resetting to factory defaults and re-configuring manually. Don't import any settings.
I was trying to avoid that ;-P but it seems that that may be the fix. I'll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback :)

UPDATE: Looks like it solved the issue. Usually after the reboot, it takes a couple of hours at most before the speed drops, but it's been going all day like a champ after the factory reset.

Last edited:
But I don't have anything enabled that could interfere with Runner - AIProtection, QoS (traditional/adaptive) etc. are all off.
My point was that Runner is disabled by simply connecting the Android app to the router - an abnormal behavior I think.
After a reboot all is fine but I wanted a shortcut...

Have you tried clearing the data and cache on the Android app? Perhaps you set something in the app that turns off runner. Aside from wanting to know the cause of this I don't know if I'd be too worried about it. The 86U easily does gigabit WAN speeds and 200+ Mbps VPN speeds with runner disabled.

One that's outside of my control...

My point is various functions within the firmware will re-disable it automatically even while not really using any incompatible feature. For instance, various webui pages will issue a restart of the QoS sub-system. Even tho having QoS disabled means that nothing should be happening, the firmware still does re-disable runner when that happens. This is probably what is happening with the mobile application, and will happen just by browsing some of the webui pages.

Ok.
I don't really use the Android app. Being a new router (upgrade from AC56U), 1 week old :), I wanted to test all the aspects.
It's a very fine hardware running a very good firmware ;)
Thanks.

Hey RMerlin,

I've been lurking here for quite some time, following your progress. I though it was time to finally register a forum account :)

I did have one small request for 382.1. On the AdaptiveQoS_Bandwidth_Monitor.asp page, the refresh rate of the script to display the stats is set at 2 second, by simply changing the "var detect_interval = 2" to "var detect_interval = 0.5" makes the data more fluid and useful.

e.g https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bop9zzk99jdnaz/2017-12-28_20-21-30.mp4?dl=0

I did have one small request for 382.1. On the AdaptiveQoS_Bandwidth_Monitor.asp page, the refresh rate of the script to display the stats is set at 2 second, by simply changing the "var detect_interval = 2" to "var detect_interval = 0.5" makes the data more fluid and useful.

I don't like the strain it would put on the router, as the stats requires running commands to generate the information, and pausing to ensure the data has been generated and is ready to be retrieved. If the router were heavily loaded, it might be problematic, read attempts overlapping with the previous commands, etc...

Hi!

As I was not able to resolve the connection drop I've downgraded to 380.69 --> no more issues.

This new 382 Asus driver seems really not mature enough, I'll wait a few releases before upgrading again.

BR

Hi!

As I was not able to resolve the connection drop I've downgraded to 380.69 --> no more issues.

This new 382 Asus driver seems really not mature enough, I'll wait a few releases before upgrading again.

BR

Factory resetting did not help me either. After a day or two, the wifi slows to a crawl. No issues with 380.69.

Maybe the constant debug spamming to the system log slows it down.

Factory resetting did not help me either. After a day or two, the wifi slows to a crawl. No issues with 380.69.

Maybe the constant debug spamming to the system log slows it down.
Several people including myself had WiFi drops or performance issues with 382 branch (even with the official asuswrt).
Hope asus release a new gpl with the issue fixed

Sent from my SM-G935FD using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!