What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The IP won't reflect the change until the client initiates a request to renew it's lease.

I forced a lease renew by turning off the wi-fi of the device. I verified that the DHCP lease is renewed. But in the network map, the device is still shown as DHCP device.

A number of users reported similar issues to the networkmap regarding the reporting of the connection type. Same issues also occur with the stock firmware, and networkmap is now closed source, so outside of my control.

A number of users reported similar issues to the networkmap regarding the reporting of the connection type. Same issues also occur with the stock firmware, and networkmap is now closed source, so outside of my control.
Although you can't always provide a solution to our problems I want to state that we really appreciate your dedication and effort for making things better. Cheers

Sent from my C106 using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried 384.3 with the Astrill VPN applet?

When I try to connect via the Astrill applet it shows Connected but I lose internet access everywhere. I only tunnel a couple PCs through it, but neither those PCs, nor PCs excluded from the VPN, nor anything on WiFi (also excluded) have internet access.

Hi Merlin,

I have a question about the general log and what it's outputting. I noticed during the boot up of 384.3 after a reboot I see a row of messages I have never seen before. All the message lines say the same thing: custom TLV op replace oui f8:32:e4 subtype 3. Some say subtype 2. Could you let me know what that means and if it's a bug how I would go about fixing it?

I attached a photo of the log.

Thank You,

David

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available. While this release isn't perfect, it reached a stability point where the remaining issues have been consuming too many hours of my time and I'm still unable to reproduce them. Since it's working fine for the vast majority, I decided it was high time to have this wrapped up, so I could move on to working with newer code base, with hopefully the remaining fixes in there.

The highlights:
  • Merged with GPL 384_10007. Note that AiMesh is NOT supported. Due to its complexity, a lot of work will be required to determine whether or not supporting it is

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Attachments

• merlin_latest_stable.jpg
    merlin_latest_stable.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 653
I have a question about the general log and what it's outputting. I noticed during the boot up of 384.3 after a reboot I see a row of messages I have never seen before. All the message lines say the same thing: custom TLV op replace oui f8:32:e4 subtype 3. Some say subtype 2. Could you let me know what that means and if it's a bug how I would go about fixing it?

lldp is a new service Asus added to handle AiMesh. It generates a lot of syslog output, which you can safely ignore.

I have no idea what each particular messages mean. For some of these, Asus has already said that users should just ignore them.

I just wanna tell everyone that if ain't broke don't fix it. Since many people have been having issues with this update and you have no need to update the firmware then leave it as is. I'am still on 380.69
Exactly... I bought my 1900P last summer, installed 380.68 when it was final and all is fine still today. I can't find a reason to upgrade, neither a feature I'm missing. Why do some always think the latest is the greatest? There is no speed to gain. I would understand if it fixes a bug for someone using VPN or anything else, or maybe add a new feature not present before.

Now, is 380.69 a typo?

Security fixes?
Of course! That's good for everything today be it your computer BIOS, NAS, robot vacuum, all smart devices, etc. I should have write this in prior post nonetheless, my bad.

Only issues I have now is that sometimes my WiFi Signal Bars are incorrect on Devices when I check my -dbm it says that my signals are good are are very strong but the WiFi bars don't reflect that sometimes so I will have to power cycle in order to get the signal bars back to normal. Since normal 5 to 4 bars get reduced down to two on all of my devices till I do so.

But regardless I still haven't updated at all. Just gonna wait it out or maybe just never update anymore.

Last edited:
@RMerlin - Back to my original post regarding the NAT rules issue on eth0 - Been up over a day and 11 hours as of this post without a problem - I did make a slight change on my external modem, WAN 802.1p changed it to 1 (0-7) not sure if that has made any difference but not saying that has cured it only time will tell.

Hi,
in my AC68U when I unmount an usb drive... the mount point in /tmp/mnt is not deleted.
is this normal? I would say that previous versions did.

thanks

Hi,
in my AC68U when I unmount an usb drive... the mount point in /tmp/mnt is not deleted.
is this normal? I would say that previous versions did.

thanks

It's possible Asus changed it in 384. If they did, I don't see how that would be a problem, it's just a directory.

It's possible Asus changed it in 384. If they did, I don't see how that would be a problem, it's just a directory.
Can be a problem if when you go to remount the device, it creates a new mount point by appending (1).
This was a problem on my fork when you unmounted the device and it was used by the DLNA server that I had to fix.

I don't see how that would be a problem, it's just a directory.

there is no problem if I remember delete directory after unmount...
if not, when I plug the usb drive again, it's mounted on new directories with a sequential in his name (1), (2),etc..

there is no problem if I remember delete directory after unmount...
Is the drive used to serve files for the DLNA server? IIRC, the bug I fixed was in the minidlna management that would automatically recreate the mnt point.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!