What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can be a problem if when you go to remount the device, it creates a new mount point by appending (1).
This was a problem on my fork when you unmounted the device and it was used by the DLNA server that I had to fix.

I might take a look eventually to see if it's really an issue. My TODO list has grown out of hand since I began work on the 382 codebase...

serves files over dlna, and sync files with my laptop.

Something else must have been locking your mount point, because when I tested it here, the mount point disappeared after I eject my disk.

Exactly... I bought my 1900P last summer, installed 380.68 when it was final and all is fine still today. I can't find a reason to upgrade, neither a feature I'm missing. Why do some always think the latest is the greatest? There is no speed to gain. I would understand if it fixes a bug for someone using VPN or anything else, or maybe add a new feature not present before.

Now, is 380.69 a typo?

No my firmware is 380.69

When I upgraded to 384.3 firmware one of my two Samsung TV's stopped working with the miniDLNA server built into the ASUS router. Both TV's worked flawlessly to a Plex media server on the same network, but the one TV would drop it's connection at unpredictable intervals disconnecting completely from the miniDLNA server and switching to another input.

On a Samsung user group I found this problem was common in some but not all Samsung models. The obvious solution was to use the Plex server rather than their router's server. Then someone noticed the problem cleared up when the TV's DHCP client was turned off and a static IP address assigned. That's when I recalled reading Merlin's change log regarding Samsung's DHCP client.

I appreciate that my system log is no longer filled with DHCP errors when the idiot television asks for a reserved hostname. But for some reason when you ignore those requests it eventually doesn't play nice with the miniDLNA server and crashes. It is completely mystifying why it will play nice with the external Plex server, but not the miniDLNA server...it is clearly a Samsung problem.

The problem is resolved by setting a fixed IP address in the TV and turning off it's DHCP client. Ignoring it's requests had unintended consequences, and actually masked Samsung's incompetence.

When I upgraded to 384.3 firmware one of my two Samsung TV's stopped working with the miniDLNA server built into the ASUS router.
Btw, is EMF support on the LAN -> IPTV page of your router enabled or not? I think enabling that will fix some problems with miniDLNA.

I think you already knew that, but just decided to ask.

Well that mystery is gone; you were completely correct. “Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping)” also solves the problem. The TV's DHCP client is back on, the router's syslog is ignoring it's requests, and the miniDLNA has been streaming for a few hours without the TV crashing.

Thank you my friend, I love learning new things.

For love of god, I can't get AC3200 VPN/PPTP to work on my LG V20.
From the system log, it looked like it did't come in at all.

However, I can get it work on my Synology NAS sitting on the LAN behind the router.
The only thing I need to do is forward TCP port 1723 to the Synology NAS.

I use DDNS no-ip.org but I tried direct IP address but it didn't work.

Well that mystery is gone; you were completely correct. “Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping)” also solves the problem. The TV's DHCP client is back on, the router's syslog is ignoring it's requests, and the miniDLNA has been streaming for a few hours without the TV crashing.

Thank you my friend, I love learning new things.
Some more info (from this thread earlier) regarding IGMP Snooping thingy and Asus routers:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-3-is-now-available.44693/page-13#post-383990

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-3-is-now-available.44693/page-13#post-384250

For love of god, I can't get AC3200 VPN/PPTP to work on my LG V20.
From the system log, it looked like it did't come in at all.

However, I can get it work on my Synology NAS sitting on the LAN behind the router.
The only thing I need to do is forward TCP port 1723 to the Synology NAS.

I use DDNS no-ip.org but I tried direct IP address but it didn't work.

Make sure you aren't forwarding port 1723 to your NAS, that would override the router's own PPTP server.

Well, I guessed wrong :).....the AC68 test build is up.
RT-AC68U_384.3_ssid-ge5982ffb7.zip
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJkEFTnFp4Sh2wvQva

EDIT: You'll need to reset the guest nvram settings
Code:
nvram set wl0.1_closed=0
nvram set wl1.1_closed=0
nvram commit
then reboot

EDIT2: I added the AC3200 build for download as well
RT-AC3200_384.3_ssid-ge5982ffb7.zip

Hi John,

I am also looking for the same functionality (make guest SSID visible when main SSID is not). Would you be able to provide a build for AC88U please?

Thanks!
Steve

Hi John,

I am also looking for the same functionality (make guest SSID visible when main SSID is not). Would you be able to provide a build for AC88U please?

Thanks!
Steve
Do you absolutely need it on 384.3? Merlin has picked up the fix for the 384.4 beta's.

Do you absolutely need it on 384.3? Merlin has picked up the fix for the 384.4 beta's.

Thanks for replying John. The beta is fine. I tried 384.4 beta2 and it works great for me. Plus I had problems with WPA2 on the guest SSID with 384.3 (even after eapd restart) and that is also working for me on 384.4 beta2.

Thank you!
Steve

I'm preparing to upgrade from 380.69_2 to 384.3 on an ASUS RT-AC68U, and I have about 55 Static DHCP clients that I'd prefer not to reenter manually into the GUI. Can someone help me with the proper process to backup, and re-establish my DHCP clients?

Thanks.

I'm preparing to upgrade from 380.69_2 to 384.3 on an ASUS RT-AC68U, and I have about 55 Static DHCP clients that I'd prefer not to reenter manually into the GUI. Can someone help me with the proper process to backup, and re-establish my DHCP clients?

Thanks.

I think you’re out of luck. I’m curious, why so many reservations?

Hi,
I've uploaded this version to my Asus RT-AC68U. I couldn't manage to have DownloadMaster working properly and I had stability issues with Parental Control as well. So I've made a factory reset and reinstalled this firmware again. I still couldn't manage to have DownloadMaster working properly, but I solved that by installing Entware and Transmission. But still, Parental Control's time scheduling part is not working properly and it seems more like a bug. Any device's net access I set a time schedule on becomes unstable. Even when it should reach the network, it works for 2-3 minutes then I get the standard rejection page for a while then it works again for 2-3 minutes, etc. As soon as I turn off the feature for the device, it works fine. And it doesn't matter if it's a laptop or an Xbox or a phone, I face the same issue.
Have you faced this? Do you have a solution?

THX

you can put in many of them with SSH connection to router, not all as list is limited and will not add but replace the list.

nvram show dhcp_staticlist

nvram set dhcp_staticlist=
<XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:01>10.0.0.2>Aspire7000LAN
<XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:02>10.0.0.3>Aspire7000WLAN
# then save with:
nvram commit

Test it, maybe 20-30 entries are possible with one command, without names you get more. Rest you will have to do by hand as it would replace old entries.
Worked with telnet for me, not tried it with SSH, but last merlin dont support telnet any more so only way...

Other way for all devices shown here (with file to USB-stick): https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Last edited:
The best new release for me thus far! Thank you! Before, I could not use the 5g media bridge or Asus Router to Cisco Router which appeared to be routing related and had to remain on release 380.68_4. But now, everything is working correctly! Thanks again!

not sure why but my RAM on the 86U is running at 95%..... very odd for 12 wired and wireless clients...

any clue whi this would be ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!