What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The System Log show now (384.4) : "dpi: TrendMicro function can't use under load-balance mode" !
Is there any way to get QoS/WebHistory working again ?

As reported in the log, you have to disable load-balancing for it to work.

Guys, enough with posts about networkmap clients showing as wired. Please, do a forum search, and do some thread reading before posting in that very thread. This must be the THIRD post about this today alone, on top of probably a dozen similar posts in the past few weeks about this very point. Forums aren't just for posting, people need to also take the time to read a bit.

I'm tired of repeating the same answers over and over. I will be ignoring any future posts about this, or the wireless reports from people who didn't do the basic troubleshooting steps previously posted. There's no reason why a firmware version that works for the majority of people would be broken for a few specific persons in regard to wireless. Wireless is as much about your CLIENTS as it is about your router. There hasn't been any major wifi-related change in nearly a year now. The used driver in nearly all models has been the same version since last year.

Do your homework. There's even a sticky about basic things to do when dealing with wifi issues.

Last edited:
After a flash and factory default then completing the wizard the HTTPD service crashes over and over and over.

Try erasing the JFFS2 partition from the Administration -> System page. After doing so, reboot your router twice. For some reason, sometimes the JFFS2 partition fails to properly mount, causing httpd to crash as Asus hasn't implemented proper checks throughout httpd. I fixed two of these issues in 384.4, but it's possible there are more issues left.

I see that the change log states SSID from main and guest can be handled individually but I can not see the option anywhere I have a RT-AC68P, can someone lead me?

I see that the change log states SSID from main and guest can be handled individually but I can not see the option anywhere I have a RT-AC68P, can someone lead me?

The two were uncoupled at the firmware level (mostly to take care of people wanting to disable their WAN broadcast but not their Guest broadcasts), but no webui setting has been added yet to allow users to configure them. I will probably add that at a later time if it's possible - I need to investigate it further first.

The two were uncoupled at the firmware level (mostly to take care of people wanting to disable their WAN broadcast but not their Guest broadcasts), but no webui setting has been added yet to allow users to configure them. I will probably add that at a later time if it's possible - I need to investigate it further first.

Thanks for the reply, I'm now trying to unhide the guest network by unhiding the main one but the guest wont broadcast the ssid

Try erasing the JFFS2 partition from the Administration -> System page. After doing so, reboot your router twice. For some reason, sometimes the JFFS2 partition fails to properly mount, causing httpd to crash as Asus hasn't implemented proper checks throughout httpd. I fixed two of these issues in 384.4, but it's possible there are more issues left.
Tried this already. At least I think I did. Will run it again tomorrow.

Tried this already. At least I think I did. Will run it again tomorrow.

Do you see actual content when you look at the JFFS partition?

Code:
ls /jffs/

If not, then it might be failing to mount.

IFTTT: People having issues with it, make sure you don't disablel the Ai Tunnel setting under Tools -> Other Settings, as I suspect it might be related to IFTTT.

Thanks for the reply, I'm now trying to unhide the guest network by unhiding the main one but the guest wont broadcast the ssid

Someone posted the nvram settings you can use to manually hide/broadcast the guest networks. Unfortunately I can't remember which they were, try a forum search to track down previous discussions about it (it was posted by @john9527 at the time).

IFTTT: People having issues with it, make sure you don't disablel the Ai Tunnel setting under Tools -> Other Settings, as I suspect it might be related to IFTTT.
Thank you @RMerlin, I can confirm that Disable Asusnat tunnel is at "No", just to be sure, to be sure I re-disabled/enabled it... No joy. :-|

Thank you @RMerlin, I can confirm that Disable Asusnat tunnel is at "No", just to be sure, to be sure I re-disabled/enabled it... No joy. :-|

Could be a bug in that GPL then. I see Asus made a few changes related to IFTTT in 20467.

Guys, enough with posts about networkmap clients showing as wired. Please, do a forum search, and do some thread reading before posting in that very thread. This must be the THIRD post about this today alone, on top of probably a dozen similar posts in the past few weeks about this very point. Forums aren't just for posting, people need to also take the time to read a bit.

I'm tired of repeating the same answers over and over. I will be ignoring any future posts about this, or the wireless reports from people who didn't do the basic troubleshooting steps previously posted. There's no reason why a firmware version that works for the majority of people would be broken for a few specific persons in regard to wireless. Wireless is as much about your CLIENTS as it is about your router. There hasn't been any major wifi-related change in nearly a year now. The used driver in nearly all models has been the same version since last year.

Do your homework. There's even a sticky about basic things to do when dealing with wifi issues.

+1. Please add this to the 1st page as well. Thanks @RMerlin!

RT-AC 5300 384.4 update:

The RT-AC5300 has been up for 2 days and I have no wireless log working on the UI and no site survey. I noticed that the sight survey page has a warning saying " 5 GHz radio is disabled - cannot scan that band! "
I checked and found that only 1 of the 5GHz radios was working.
I looked and I think all radios are enabled.

I went to the wireless/Professional page and changed "Reducing USB 3.0 interference" to Enable and got the 2 5GHz radios working again along with the wireless log but still no site survey UI. it stays blank.

Last edited:
Someone posted the nvram settings you can use to manually hide/broadcast the guest networks. Unfortunately I can't remember which they were, try a forum search to track down previous discussions about it (it was posted by @john9527 at the time).
At least working on 86U and 68U (but not with recent AsusWRT only older ones or Merlin now again).
ssh your router on merlins or telnet with asuswrt
Code (this e.g. will hide 2,4G=wl0 second guest network):
nvram set wl0.2_closed=1
nvram commit
reboot

wl0_closed=1 will hide 2,4G main SSID or =1 will unhide
wl1.3_closed=0 will show 5G third guest network

Last edited:
Everything tied to the TrendMicro engine is closed source.

You'll have to first reproduce the issue using the latest stock firmware before reporting it to them. Use router_feedback <at> asus <dot> com for reporting.

Note that if you are using a VPN tunnel, then this is known behaviour. At this time there is no solution to this.

ah that's it then, i am running two vpn clients on router. Thank you.

... Wireless is as much about your CLIENTS as it is about your router. There hasn't been any major wifi-related change in nearly a year now. The used driver in nearly all models has been the same version since last year.

Thanks! Unfortunately when the wireless radio in the router is not ON (as evidenced by the 2.4 LED being "off", and no SSID being broadcast so a client can detect it), I'm kinda SOL if you know what I mean. This really isn't a client issue for me. I have yet to figure out how to get the 2.4 band back ON under 384.4 via soft resets, hard resets, firmware config, etc. So far the only way I've found to get it back is to flash back to 384.4 beta 1 or 2, or revert back to 384.3. Then it comes back on instantly.

Perhaps there is a command I can issue thru SSH that will re-enable it? I'm willing to try anything at this point. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
RT-AC 5300 384.4 update:

The RT-AC5300 has been up for 2 days and I have no wireless log working on the UI and no site survey. I noticed that the sight survey page has a warning saying " 5 GHz radio is disabled - cannot scan that band! "
I checked and found that only 1 of the 5GHz radios was working.
I looked and I think all radios are enabled.

I went to the wireless/Professional page and changed "Reducing USB 3.0 interference" to Enable and got the 2 5GHz radios working again along with the wireless log but still no site survey UI. it stays blank.

So far the only way I've found to get it back is to flash back to 384.4 beta 1 or 2, or revert back to 384.3. Then it comes back on instantly.

Try doing a complete power cycle of your router to do an electrical reset of its internals. Ideally:

1) Turn off router
2) Unplug power
3) Turn it back on for 5 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge
4) Turn it back off
5) Plug back the power
6) Turn it on and let it boot normally

Perhaps a list of known issues in the first post next to change log would help.

I used to do it for betas, but even then people were skipping it, so I no longer bother with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!