What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i did. I just did a factory restore once again now just to try, and factory reset my TV, but still the streaming speed is low.Tried 2.4 and 5Ghz, Tried different channels, 20/40/80Mhz, N Only etc etc.

Once connected to my S9+ everything is fine. Cant downgrade to 380 firmware either!

All my other devices seems to be working fine, but the SmartTV is not :(

I have now activated Wireless on the Router that came with my ISP, 5Ghz, same Channel as the AC3200 and everything is running fine on my LG TV, working fine just as with my Galaxy S9+.

So this is clearly an issue with my AC3200, and it came after the 384 firmware update.

My internet is Fiber Connection 500/500 mbps

@RMerlin : Any toughts?

Would be problematic due to the changes Asus made for Let's Encrypt support - re-implementing those changes on the System page would be difficult (since LE relies on DDNS).

There is now a link on the System page pointing you to the DDNS page.

Link to the DDNS page (despite it being normally hidden in Media Bridge mode) would be useful thanks and basically solves the issue. I presume you’ve added it in an upcoming beta as I don’t see it in 384.4_2?

There is still the problem I had with attempting to generate a new cert and it failing to do so/confusing the browser. Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For people having invalid cert issue wrt access WebGUI or seeking a convenient solution without regular import of new self-signed certs, come and join pixelserv-tls.

If you don't have your own adblock scripts to manage host files, simply begin with AB-Solution or else you can manually install just pixelserv-tls.

Then follow this guide. Essentially run a one-liner script. Works in all modes..router, AP, repeater etc.

:D

In access point mode at guest network there is no intranet option to restrict guest clients accessing intranet. Then why exist guest network in ap mode?
Can I solve this problem somehow, to have real guest wifi on ap (disable intranet)? (the main router is an ac87u, the ap is an ac56u (both with 384.4_2 merlin fw)

(I know asuswrt doesn't know vlan, except brt-ac828)

Other:
Can I somehow export-import fix ip-s?
On the main page at client if I click "view list" than at the bottom there will be a button "export". I can save file called "ClientList.csv"
Can I somewhere import it?

I have now activated Wireless on the Router that came with my ISP, 5Ghz, same Channel as the AC3200 and everything is running fine on my LG TV, working fine just as with my Galaxy S9+.

So this is clearly an issue with my AC3200, and it came after the 384 firmware update.

My internet is Fiber Connection 500/500 mbps

@RMerlin : Any toughts?

I have a similar problem, but only with 2,4G on my PC Intel AC8265 to both RT-AC68U and RT-AC86U and with Asus-WRT same.
Tried many settings and drivers, oldest and newest MS and Intel.
But not all times, sometimes if I am lucky it goes up to 100MB/s and other times it is down to under 1MB/s.
Rest of the time somewhere between.
Have good coverage and no problem connected to Fritzbox with 2G.
I see that some seconds there is even no transfer, then short time transfer and nothing again. Speedtest then shows nothing for up to 5 seconds or even ending with error while ping is still short under 10ms.

Link to the DDNS page (despite it being normally hidden in Media Bridge mode) would be useful thanks and basically solves the issue. I presume you’ve added it in an upcoming beta as I don’t see it in 384.4_2?

It should be there since 384.4. Might be missing because you are running in Media Bridge mode perhaps, I was latching into existing code from Asus to show/hide it.

For people having invalid cert issue wrt access WebGUI or seeking a convenient solution without regular import of new self-signed certs, come and join pixelserv-tls.

Or generate your own CA + cert using XCA. This is what I do here, solved all my certificate-related issues.

There is still the problem I had with attempting to generate a new cert and it failing to do so/confusing the browser. Any thoughts on that?

I use AP mode, which also do not show the WAN page. The link is present in 384.4_2 under Administration -> System; "Click here to manage.". Try to reboot the router properly and clear your browser cache by use of F5 or Shift+F5 (depending on browser).
Here is what I did to fix Firefox 59.x, which stopped working with HTTPS with 384.4:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-4-is-now-available.45406/page-22#post-392072

Reactions: JDB
Clients too long text, on the right "WLAN" it is cut off:
View attachment 12453

Would be better to use "LAN" instead of "Kabelverbindungen" as well known translation for english "wired/wireless" in german "LAN/WLAN".

@RMerlin: please give an answer whether you can edit the shown text in german translation as it is to long for the field and cuts of WLAN.
It is only in your versions, asuswrt got other fields, so they cant change it.

Last edited:
]Or generate your own CA + cert using XCA. This is what I do here, solved all my certificate-related issues.

Didn't your users say not able to upload the certs without switching modes..?

air.png

Mine is:
Code:
Signature Version
2.060  Updated : 2018/03/23 10:50

sorry see attached. It Is actually the count of attempted attacks in airprotection which is not refreshed. However if I access malicious sites for example I do get the asus malware block page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/swy94tx3n4m8v0w/air1.png?dl=0

Last edited:
Hello,
after update my AC-RT5300 to 384.4_2 firmware version, the 2.4 Ghz wifi, after some time disconnects the clients and they are unable to re-connect. Anyone with this problem??? any solution???
With the 384.4_0 version, same problem, only with works without problems with the 380.69_2 version.
The RT-AC5300 is working in Access Point Mode (AP), thanks for the help.

Same here. With a 5300. Was suggested to initialize router and start from fresh. But I have no time so I rolled back to the beta.

I did the complete fresh start (initialize and start from fresh), still no luck.

Meh, hope it's fixed soon.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into Merlin's firmware, never really had any issues throughout all my ASUS routers, except this particular issue. Back to port 80 for now, I guess.

@RMerlin: please give an answer whether you can edit the shown text in german translation as it is to long for the field and cuts of WLAN.
It is only in your versions, asuswrt got other fields, so they cant change it.

I haven't done any change to that page, so it should be identical to stock firmware.

I generally don't touch dictionary files unless absolutely necessary, otherwise just trying to maintain these would be a full-time project of its own. I would assume Asus to eventually address this in a later update.

Didn't your users say not able to upload the certs without switching modes..?

Different problem, I was mostly referring to people having issues connecting with Firefox while in router mode.

A temporary workaround for users in non router mode is to upload the key and cert to /jffs/ssl using WinSCP, while I figure out a way to handle this without breaking the LE support.

Reactions: JDB
Hello,
after update my AC-RT5300 to 384.4_2 firmware version, the 2.4 Ghz wifi, after some time disconnects the clients and they are unable to re-connect. Anyone with this problem??? any solution???
With the 384.4_0 version, same problem, only with works without problems with the 380.69_2 version.
The RT-AC5300 is working in Access Point Mode (AP), thanks for the help.

Same issue here on my 5300. 5GHz no issue but 2.4GHz is problematic.
I had to re-enter all the 2.4Ghz client security keys.
2.4GHz is there but there appears to be an issue with the key.
My Wemo switches stayed connected but some older 2.4GHz clients
like security cameras lose connectivity.
I have now given up on 384 and gone back to 380.69_2 which for me has always
been very stable.
Have a look through some of the other threads that are reporting similar issues.

Last edited:
Same issue here on my 5300. 5GHz no issue but 2.4GHz is problematic.
I had to re-enter all the 2.4Ghz client security keys.
2.4GHz is there but there appears to be an issue with the key.
My Wemo switches stayed connected but some older 2.4GHz clients
like security cameras lose connectivity.
I have now given up on 384 and gone back to 380.69_2 which for me has always
been very stable.
Have a look through some of the other threads that are reporting similar issues.

How do you downgrade ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!