What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Gui:
In the same way as if you upgrade.Download 380.69_2, flash and factory default

I only get

Invalid Firmware Upload
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware.

I only get

Invalid Firmware Upload
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware.
Do you have an RT-AC3200?

If so, you can no longer downgrade to 380.xx:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-384-ng-asuswrt-merlin-384-3-is-now-available.44693/

Yes i have the AC3200.

@RMerlin, can you please respond to this streaming issue? Im stuck here with a broken firmware making my SmartTV useless..

:mad:

Yes i have the AC3200.

@RMerlin, can you please respond to this streaming issue? Im stuck here with a broken firmware making my SmartTV useless..

Did you reset to factory default?

I’ve seen folks recommend you power down the router, after a factory default reset. Set 2.4 GHz to 1,6 or 11 and 20 MHz, disable universal beamforming. Just throwing things out to try.

Yes i reset to factory default. Have done it twice. Tried different channels/settings on both 2.4ghz and 5Ghz.

Only my LG TV seems to be affected. The maximum bitrate seems to be 2.44 mbps making Netflix and Youtube useless. Every other clients works fine, iPhone, iPad, Samsung galaxy, laptop, Asus extender.

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49UH603V

I had an issue upgrading firmware with this version as well. I was upgrading from 384.3_0 on an AC3200. The 384.4_2 update would not take, the process seemed to work without any errors, but each time the router came back up with the 384.3 version.

Finally, I decided to update to 384.4 first and then 384.4_2 and that was successful. Posting just in case someone has a similar issue.

On another note, 384.3 was my first update to the 384.x due to having an AC3200. While generally things are greatly improved, due to the increased nvram, I am still having one major issue. Any change to the wireless configuration takes the wireless offline, and it does not come back online. The SSIDs disappear and devices are unable to connect. This lasts until a hard reset, which is necessary, as the router will no longer respond to a normal Reboot request, it just never reboots.

Also of note is that while in this state, /usr/sbin/acsd runs constantly at 50%, consuming 100% of one core. Killing acsd via shell and restarting it seems to resolve the issue and the network returns to operational, without a reboot. Also CPU returns to it's typical idle state. This situation is rather annoying as I am no longer able to enable a guest network without a reboot or going to shell, (just discovered this).

Of course like so many others here my setup is unconventional due to having a /28 of IP Addresses with dedicated IP's assigned to several devices/hosts. There are quite a few SNAT/DNAT rules in iptables to enable this setup. Never could get loopback routing to work though.

In anycase happy to troubleshoot or contribute in any way needed. Capable coder and system admin.

@RMerlin thanks for all your work unlocking the true potential of these network devices.

Yes i have the AC3200.

@Simkin I also have an AC3200 and LG TV's. I did not notice any issue with 384.3, so you may want to try that rev if you have not. I just upgraded to 384.4_2 so haven't tested it yet with the TVs. I'll let you know if I see an issue.

@Simkin I also have an AC3200 and LG TV's. I did not notice any issue with 384.3, so you may want to try that rev if you have not. I just upgraded to 384.4_2 so haven't tested it yet with the TVs. I'll let you know if I see an issue.

Tried the 384.3 now, and it seems a litte better, bitrate going up to 4.10 mbps now and resolution on Netflix change to 1080p, but it is not stable as it goes back and forth between 2.24 mbps and 4.10 mbps. It should go up to 15 mbps and 4K as it did before, and as it still does connecting it to my Phone or my router from my ISP.

Something is dodgy with this 384.X firmware's

I know WiFi probably hasn't been touched in the most recent 2 releases, but since installing them on my RTAC88U my 2.4GHZ WiFi has been crippled.

I pay for 200Mbps and get over than on ethernet & 5ghz.

On 2.4ghz since the most recent 2 releases, I get anything between 2-60Mbps plus it's VERY unstable. Response to Smart home devices on that band can take forever.

So much setup on this router, I'd hate to have to factory reset.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tried the 384.3 now, and it seems a litte better, bitrate going up to 4.10 mbps now and resolution on Netflix change to 1080p, but it is not stable as it goes back and forth between 2.24 mbps and 4.10 mbps. It should go up to 15 mbps and 4K as it did before, and as it still does connecting it to my Phone or my router from my ISP.

Something is dodgy with this 384.X firmware's

Initialize, when it reboots leave it alone for at least 5min then pull the power cord for at least 30sec.

Once that boots up again leave it alone for at least 5min then proceed to setup

Very 1st things correctly set timezones and disable all mimo/beamforming on 2.4/5ghz and see how that works.

Take not of the wireless signal levels of the devices in question. If theyre really high like -60+. It may be a signal issue otherwise should now be working

@Sinner

Thanks for tips, but it did no difference.

Signalstrength is not an issue either.

well hmm... I'm about out of ideas.. all I do know is that if even 1 person reports it working perfectly its likely not the f/w with the issue unless of course that one person managed to download a dmg'd copy that magically works to perfection which is kinda unlikely imo.

*edit*
I would contact anyone reporting it working well on same device and see what it is theyre doing. maybe its one specific setting causing all the issues?

I had an issue upgrading firmware with this version as well. I was upgrading from 384.3_0 on an AC3200. The 384.4_2 update would not take, the process seemed to work without any errors, but each time the router came back up with the 384.3 version.

Finally, I decided to update to 384.4 first and then 384.4_2 and that was successful. Posting just in case someone has a similar issue.

On another note, 384.3 was my first update to the 384.x due to having an AC3200. While generally things are greatly improved, due to the increased nvram, I am still having one major issue. Any change to the wireless configuration takes the wireless offline, and it does not come back online. The SSIDs disappear and devices are unable to connect. This lasts until a hard reset, which is necessary, as the router will no longer respond to a normal Reboot request, it just never reboots.

Also of note is that while in this state, /usr/sbin/acsd runs constantly at 50%, consuming 100% of one core. Killing acsd via shell and restarting it seems to resolve the issue and the network returns to operational, without a reboot. Also CPU returns to it's typical idle state. This situation is rather annoying as I am no longer able to enable a guest network without a reboot or going to shell, (just discovered this).

Of course like so many others here my setup is unconventional due to having a /28 of IP Addresses with dedicated IP's assigned to several devices/hosts. There are quite a few SNAT/DNAT rules in iptables to enable this setup. Never could get loopback routing to work though.

In anycase happy to troubleshoot or contribute in any way needed. Capable coder and system admin.

@RMerlin thanks for all your work unlocking the true potential of these network devices.

I still get very similar to this.. has been the same since the 384 betas..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to the DDNS page (despite it being normally hidden in Media Bridge mode) would be useful thanks and basically solves the issue. I presume you’ve added it in an upcoming beta as I don’t see it in 384.4_2?
If you look at the Local Access Config section you will see "Click here to manage" at the bottom of that section. Clicking on "here" brings you to the DDNS page.

Running 384.4_2 on RT-AC5300. Under USB Media Services/Server tab, media server is working normally. Trouble is, I've lost the network drive access, so I am unable to add/delete files as normal before. In USB Application - Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk; No settings have changed, other than the SMB V1 + SMBV2 new default setting. Simpler share naming and Force as Master Browser are both still off. Set as WINS server is 'Yes.' All folders on the network drive are set for R/W, but the W part just is not working...
Ideas?

Found the fix:

Put this is File Explorer:

\\192.168.1.1\

Enter router log in info

Drive will show up under the Network folder thereafter with full read write available…

Last edited:
Different problem, I was mostly referring to people having issues connecting with Firefox while in router mode.

There are always more solutions to a problem, regardless what it's. It just happened that pixelserv-tls is there. And I had figured a way long time ago (while I was using ASUSWRT/merlin) to make a certificate work for WebGUI from command line. Recently made these command lines into a script and extended it to work on newer FW.

Personally I have no interest in marching into ASUSWRT or its derivatives. Since my script is already prepared and I saw people cannot load certs, took the opportunity to do a bit marketing for pixelserv-tls (and AB-Solution). Since for pixelserv-tls (and ABS) users, the functionality of my script is a free ride.

Consider yourself a platform maintainer, you shall show a little more appreciation for 3rd party effort like some of the forum members are doing. Perhaps I went a bit too far on this but I really want to say it. It's my impression from a few years ago that the platform you're maintaining gave me an impression of not welcoming new ideas and suggestions.

Regarding XCA, I haven't used it. But it's compatible with pixelserv-tls. People can get a CA cert from XCA and use it with pixelserv-tls (and AB-Solution). Thus, my one-liner script will also work.

pixelser-tls as well as the config-webgui.sh are designed to be open and compatible with others. Not in a way to step on other toes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!