What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have an issue with my RT-AC3200 and 384.4_0 firmware.
WAN Port is been connected at 1Gbps, after update/reset.
The problem is that in less than 24 hours it falls at 100Mbps.
If I restart the router, it come back again at 1Gbps and so on.

This problem has appear after I have updated the router to 384.3_0.
I have hoped that this problem will be solved after I have update the router to 384.4_0 firmware, but it was not solved.
My internet connection is 1Gbps.

Is somebody having any ideea about how can I solve this problem?

Thank you,

This usually indicate an Ethernet cabling issue, as the port will downgrade the link rate if the connection isn't stable enough. I recommend replacing the Ethernet cable. This is definitely not a firmware issue, there's been almost no changes to the Ethernet port driver in years.

To me, this says you should enable it if you care more about 2.4 GHz wifi performance than USB 3 throughput. If you value USB 3 throughput more than 2.4 GHz wifi performance, leave it disabled.

It will also depend on the quality of the shielding of the device you plug in (including its USB cable). A poorly shielded cable or disk can still generate interference, in which case IMHO you should replace either of them.

When will appear in firmware ? The LACP for teaming LAN ports :)

When Asus decides to add this. Which means probably never in the RT-AC87U case, since it only has three Ethernet ports on the Broadcom switch.

In any case, I always recommend people go with a managed switch if they need link aggregation rather than relying on their router.

I upload 384.4 on my AC88U and works in general fine only have problem to see movie on my Samsung TV from USB drive connected on router. After 58 seconds movie stop. After movie start can observe bad image time to time until stop. With 384.3 movie work for longer time but show same problems with image. I go back to 380.69 where work perfect.

DLNA support has always been quirky, it's nothing new. Personally I recommend people move to a dedicated solution for this if their clients are having issues with minidlna. Supporting every buggy client out there is next to impossible for a minor project such as minidlna.

Am i rite in thinking QoS is closed source so the meters being wrong way round something that needs reporting to asus?

Everything tied to the TrendMicro engine is closed source.

You'll have to first reproduce the issue using the latest stock firmware before reporting it to them. Use router_feedback <at> asus <dot> com for reporting.

Note that if you are using a VPN tunnel, then this is known behaviour. At this time there is no solution to this.

Any way to disable spanning tree on the repeaters? The menu for switch is not there when the device is in repeater mode.

Simplest way is to temporarily switch to router mode, disable it, then switch back to repeater mode.

There's an nvram you could manually set over SSH but I don't remember it off-hand, sorry.

Last edited:
Updated my AC3200 from 380.69_2 to 384.4 with no problems or issues. :) Thanks RMerlin for your work!

It is on occasions like this that you realize how spoiled you are with John9527s NVRAM Save/Restore. :rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Hi,

Updated my AC68U from 380.69_2 to 384.4, but i have a problem with Adaptive QoS because nothing's working anymore (Bandwidth Monitor, QoS, Qos Statistics, Web History).

I'm using dual-wan in load-balancing mode (for a long time now <= 380.69_2).
QoS was working before <= 380.69_2.

The System Log show now (384.4) : "dpi: TrendMicro function can't use under load-balance mode" !
Is there any way to get QoS/WebHistory working again ?

Thank You.

Interesting..... for me... everything works EXCEPT the 2.4Ghz band on the 3200 after moving to 384.x
I'm running 68U on 384.4 and 384.3 before it fine.

On 3200, all beta versions of 384 and included the latest release 384.4 cause problems for me in regards to 2.4Ghz band.
After update... everything starts up.. i can see all networks... but when i try to connect to 2.4ghz band.. it says incorrect password. I have checked and rechecked, and the password is correct. The 5ghz band works fine.

As soon as i reverted back to 384.3 on this router, the 2.4ghz band connects immediately with no intervention.. so i known the passwords from the client side are correct.

Don't known why my 3200 has had this problem on 384.4.
I updated my 3200 to 384.4 and was having same issues with 2.4 SSID. I ended up reverting back to 384.3 as I was not having issues on that version.

I can confirm that the Client Status list is broken. A number of WiFi Connected devices are showing as being connected via Ethernet when this is not the case. IT was always working as normal in all past firmware updates. The Router has been on for over 3 days and it didn't change. Rebooted twice in the last hour and still, no change.

I can confirm that the Client Status list is broken. A number of WiFi Connected devices are showing as being connected via Ethernet when this is not the case. IT was always working as normal in all past firmware updates. The Router has been on for over 3 days and it didn't change. Rebooted twice in the last hour and still, no change.
Just wait 24 to 48 hours for dhcp leases to expire and then it should work like mine.

Latency increased by about 8ms on the latest firmware - both fast.com and speedtest.net use multithreaded downloads by default - so that won't provide useful information as multithreaded throughout is fine on the latest firmware and only single threaded seems to be affected
+1 for this issue. I am on Virgin Media 150Mbps broadband (usually get ~170Mbps on speedtest.net). Since the upgrade to 384.4, it won't go above ~45Mbps. I've tried various times of day, making sure nothing else was using the bandwidth. Also done a factory reset and manually re-entered config today to no avail. Tried with QOS on and off, and wifi on and off. Any ideas?

+1 for this issue. I am on Virgin Media 150Mbps broadband (usually get ~170Mbps on speedtest.net). Since the upgrade to 384.4, it won't go above ~45Mbps. I've tried various times of day, making sure nothing else was using the bandwidth. Also done a factory reset and manually re-entered config today to no avail. Tried with QOS on and off, and wifi on and off. Any ideas?

Glad it wasn't just me experiencing this - I played around with options in the new firmware and couldn't get anything that would improve the single threaded throughput, re-installing an older firmware fixed it instantly though so you might want to roll back a version or two until they can get a handle on what's causing this

Just wait 24 to 48 hours for dhcp leases to expire and then it should work like mine.

Well as stated, the router was on for over 3 days. But I did just do a reboot now so I will see if this changes anything in the next 48 hours. I suspect no. This is on a AC87U btw.

I have a AC-3200 and was running 384.3 without any issue. I upgraded to 384.4 and have multiple devices that wont connect to the 2.4ghz band. They are older chipsets and get a windows 10 error of unable to connect to network.

Things I have tried:

• Perform a factory reset and then re-enter the settings of my AC-3200
  • 30 second unplug, wait and re-plug of router
  • Reboot of the computer having the issue
  • Removal of wireless profile and reconnecting
  • Wireless drivers are up to date (no newer available from mfg)
Edit: I reverted back to 384.3 and the clients were able to connect with no issues to the 2.4 Ghz wireless network instantly.

Last edited:
Is it new behavior that the guest network gets hidden if SSID broadcasting gets disabled? On previous versions I was able to hide my private network and have my guest network visible in 2.4 and 5 GHz radios.

Upgrade my
RT-AC5300, but there does seem to be an issue with my vpn server.... I have my AppleTV on my vpn and since the upgrade I even though it says im connected, im getting error on anything I try to play.

When I check my public IP, the vpn IP is displayed, but for some reason I get another unknown IP as my local IP, that is not my local IP...

Connected (Local: 10.8.x.x - Public: 185.93.x.x)
Is the local IP supposed to be my local IP? If so then its wrong.

This is driving me bonkers.

After a flash and factory default then completing the wizard the HTTPD service crashes over and over and over.

It only stops crashing when I enter the web interface on something OTHER than the default network map page.

So add that to completely losing the ability to restore the JFFS partition through the web interface ever since flashing 384.4 beta 1. Reverting back to older versions does not fix this issue.

syslog
https://pastebin.com/dSLitYm3

384.4 on my 87U is listing 5G devices as WIRED in the device listing. Could this be to do with clearing the cache or resetting to factory? I was hoping to do neither.

384.4 on my 87U is listing 5G devices as WIRED in the device listing. Could this be to do with clearing the cache or resetting to factory? I was hoping to do neither.
As a reminder, if you are migrating to a 384 firmware for the first time:

• Clear your browser cache or do a forced reload the first time you access the router under 384 (to refresh your cached CSS files)
  • If coming from 380.xx, it's strongly recommended to do a factory default after flashing 384, and manually reconfiguring. Things might work correctly if you don't, but you might have to double check some of your previous settings, for instance OpenVPN's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!