What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So far so good for my RT-AC66U.
Network map is ok.
Just I wonder what green icon APP stand for....

It links to Asus's iOS and Android applications. Some browsers will show you a popup with QR codes if you click on it, however it doesn't work with every browsers.

I just updated my RT-AC87U from the stock firmware that shipped with it. My OpenVPN Clients section GUI is messed up. I am not getting a list with buttons to activate and deactivate.

Nothing messed up there, this is how the webui for my OepnVPN clients is implemented. You have to select the desired instance at the top to change between OpenVPN client 1 through 5.

This is because I didn't like Asus's simplified OpenVPN webui, as it was far less flexible than mine, so I kept mine.

It is clickable ... It will show you the iOs and Android QR codes to download the router...app
Nothing happens for for me when i try clicking on it. No biggie as I don't need to download the router app right now.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available, for all supported models.

This is the first official release that supports Asus's new firmware format. This means that you can directly flash this version on top of Asus's 3.0.0.4.380_3xxx and newer. Reverting to an older version will require putting your router in firmware recovery mode.

The most important changes since 380.59:

• Compatible with the new firmware header format.
  • Merged with Asus GPL 380_3831.
  • Updated OpenVPN to 2.3.11 and Dropbear to 2016.74.
  • Fixes to OpenVPN's status report
  • Reverted a lot of Asus's customizations to minidlna, to resolve various stability issues

There is one known issue at this time where, for a few users, the networkmap comes up empty. I've been unable to reproduce the problem, and people reported similar issues with the stock firmware, so I'll let Asus take care of that one. This should not impair the router's functionality or it's stability.

Please review the changelog for the complete list of changes.

Also please view this post regarding some changes regarding development on this project.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Works fine here.

Noticed sudden restart of dnsmasq...never saw that before on my AC68 with previous firmware...

Aug 5 20:04:06 rc_service: httpd 464:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Aug 5 20:04:07 dnsmasq[854]: exiting on receipt of SIGTERM

Any thoughts?

There is one known issue at this time where, for a few users, the networkmap comes up empty. I've been unable to reproduce the problem, and people reported similar issues with the stock firmware, so I'll let Asus take care of that one. This should not impair the router's functionality or it's stability.

I fiqured this was Asus issue gona also assume this is part issue that some clients cant be edited when connected cause when 1 issue happens the other issue happens.

I more curious if the offline client list "X" actual delete the client like supposed to now? or Am i still gonna need to reset the router or use the putty commands to get rid of the old client entries. which getting to annoying cause someone keep breaking there smartphone and getting new and breaking that one any only way to get old entries is factory reset. which current leaves me with issue above at random as it either works correctly after the factory reset or it dont if it dont i have factory reset till it does.

Last edited:
Noticed sudden restart of dnsmasq...never saw that before on my AC68 with previous firmware...

Aug 5 20:04:06 rc_service: httpd 464:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq
Aug 5 20:04:07 dnsmasq[854]: exiting on receipt of SIGTERM

Any thoughts?

The request was initiated by httpd, so it was something you did through the webui that requested dnsmasq to be restarted to refresh its configuration - nothing abnormal there.

Regarding the AC3200 380.61 file:

Either the SHA256 published signature is wrong, or the file uploaded to the 3 mirrors is corrupted.

I have no idea. Computers, phones and Xbox one's connected to my router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leave it enabled, it will open ports for your games when necessary. Otherwise you may see strict NAT messages on games.

Thanks for all your work.

Can I ask whether anyone has tried Untangle on their AC88U coming from Asus's new firmware format (or coming from 380.61)?

Did you need to do a firmware recovery first? I'm only asking here because I already have 380.61 on my AC88U.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!