What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After the upgrade only google and facebook sites are opening over the wifi.
with the lan cable is everything working fine
Any idea about what is going on?

Factory reset of the router?
Just did that by the router menu and noting changed
Also i noticed that the sites that i can connect responds with the mtu size of 1500
The sites that i can connect don`t
i have to low the packet size to 1440

SOLVED
Solved by manually setting up the MTU size of the routers interface
E.G "ifconfig eth1 mtu 1400 up"

also created a script on /jffs/scripts/
to automatic setup the mtu size based on the
nvram get wan_mtu command

Last edited:
Running 380.61 since more then 2 weeks stable on RT-AC1900P here.

Beside the known malfunction of Traditional QoS (which is not an Asuswrt-Merlin issue), I would like to report the following:

On my system, while using OpenVPN Client with following settings, it is possible that devices that (should be) routed through the tunnel, connect straight to internet (outside VPN tunnel) after internet/WAN have been dis- reconnected without the user knowing.

OpenVPN Client Settings:
Basic Settings > Start with WAN > No
Advanced Settings > Redirect Internet traffic > Policy Rules
Advanced Settings > Block routed clients if tunnel goes down > Yes

While internet/WAN is disconnected, OpenVPN status page keeps reporting "OpenVPN Client > Connected"
Upon re-establishing the internet/WAN connection, the prior routed devices connect straight to internet without notice.

Setting "OpenVPN Client Settings > Basic Settings > Start with WAN > Yes" will prevent the above from happening.

Probably it is functioning as it should be, but it is causing confusion and a potential security problem.

Better would be to have the Clients disconnected unregarded the "Start with WAN > Yes / No" when it is not sure the devices will connect through the tunnel while "Advanced Settings > Block routed clients if tunnel goes down > Yes" is set.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to specify a Service Name for the OpenVPN Client on the settings page to easily identify the server on the settings pages(s) and status page.

Last edited:
Not sure if i should post this here or start a new thread

Does this fix the missing WAN vlan option?
What I mean is in Lan -> IPTV when I select the Manual Profile there uses to be 3 options
Wan / Lan Port 4 / Lan Port 3

Now there is only two Lan Port 3 and Lan Port 4

I had it all configured for my setup with vlan 35 on the WAN but when I upgraded to 380.58 that options is missing.
Now my configuration still works fine but would like to be able to change this if needed

This is with an Asus RT-N66U

Last edited:
Alright I tried everything now that is possible to get my 5GHz working. Resetting the router, clearing the NVRAM and even going so far on doing the commands according to the DD-WRT wiki. Still same problem. 5GHz is on/off all the tine. 2.4GHz is rock solid. Is the router dying?

What is the command for clearing nvram on DD-WRT? 30/30/30 ? If Yes, this is not working with Asus Fw or Merlin

The good way:
Turn off the router.Press the WPS button (on Asus routers), then turn on the router and keep holding Wps button. Wait about 10 seconds, when the leds will begins to flash rapidly ,then release the WPS button.Wait 3 min and reconfig from beginning
I did that as well. I think I will try to downgrade to an older version. Just tried the Beta and exactly the same issue.

EDIT: For clearity. I did the WPS Button plus the "clear NVRAM" section in the DD-WRT wiki for the RT-N66U

Sorry for double post, just wanna report with the 374.X fork on the top of this forum section the 5GHz band works perfectly. So I assume it's some bug with the latest version at the moment

I have the rt-ac87u and upgraded to asuswrt merlin 380.61 but having problems with UPnP media server keeps disconnecting after about 30 minutes, so i have to reboot the router for it to connect again. please help, thanks

Hi, I've been using bandwidth limiter for a few months already but I'm not able to maximize the speed of my connection when needed, I've tried using Traditional QoS, I've set the parameters, applied the settings and rebooted the router, but it seems that QoS is not working, I noticed this by using devices with varying priorities simultaneously. I had to go back to using bandwidth limiter because of this, I live in the Philippines so my internet speed isn't very fast and we have a pathetic monthly data cap of 120 Gb which when we exceed, throttles our speed down to 30% (7 Mbps down to 2.1 Mbps), bandwidth limiter is very hard to use when there's not much bandwidth to distribute fairly among devices.

Is there something that I need to turn on/off for me to be able to use Traditional QoS properly? I'm using the stock ASUS firmware, I'm not sure if installing Merlin's firmware would solve this.

Below are the details from the failed ticket to ASUS.

Model: RT-AC68U
Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.380_3831-g93dfe8c
Inner Version:
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.116 Safari/537.36
System Up time: 0 days, 1 hours, 34 minutes, 57 seconds

Minidlna Version: Version 1.1.5
OpenVPN Client: Disabled
PPTP Client: Disabled
L2TP Client: Disabled
qos_enable: 1
qos_type: 2
[Hardware NAT]
ctf_disable: 1
ctf_disable_force: 0
ctf_fa_mode: 0
[TrendMicro]
functions: enable
bwdpi_dpi_ver: 0.0.34
bwdpi_sig_ver: 1.124
OpenSSL Version: OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015
wtf_login:
wtf_account_type:

Time Zone: GMT-8
Transfer mode: Ethernet WAN
WAN Interface: wan none
Single WAN Connection Type: pppoe

Back in May, I was getting the following messages from my VPN provider TorGuard:

WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently local='link-mtu 1542' remote='link-mtu 1574'
WARNING: 'tun-mtu' is used inconsistently local='tun-mtu 1500' remote='tun-mtu 1532'

They told me not to worry about them as they were just warning messages. But I did some research and discovered if I added the following lines to the Custom Configuration section, the error messages went away:

tun-mtu 1500
tun-mtu-extra 32
mssfix 1450

After upgrading to 380.6x releases, I noticed the warning messages reappeared:

WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='link-mtu 1558', remote='link-mtu 1526'
WARNING: 'tun-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='tun-mtu 1532', remote='tun-mtu 1500'

This morning, I reinstalled 380.61 and removed the tun-mtu 1500, tun-mtu-extra 32 and mssfix 1450 from the Custom Configuration Section. My VPN speeds appear to be very much better now on 380.61. That may have been the root cause of my VPN performance issue with my prior attempts at upgrading to FW 380.61.
You need to add this line in custom configurations if you are using port 1198 and 1197 for PIA
disable-occ

Last edited:
I recently switch from traditional QOS to Bandwidth limiting and looks good, Though Unless I seeing things wrong 2.4ghz wifi is getting limited correctly if i say 5mbit it get limited to 5mbit , but 5ghz seem to going over the limit i have set which is 20mbit and hit 25-27mbit

So i just figure out why Swtor ping has been 40-60ms + for last few years it cause of Traditional QOS, Since I recently Switched to just Bandwidth limiting the ping ins Swtor drop back t 18-25ms, and now my Speed test look like this

Unless Bandwidth limit get bugged and stops working and or Swtor ping doubles again I think I will stick with Bandwidth limiting of actual Traditional QOS

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!