What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have an RT-AC88U. I had been running the 380.61_beta1 build for over one week now. I flashed to 380.61 yesterday morning. But my VPN client performance slowed to a crawl. Download speeds could not get passed the 1Mbps mark. I have Torguard and tried my private IP and other servers all with the same result. I reverted to 380.61_beta1 and all is good again. I will try again when I have more time.

UPDATE August 16, 2016: I flashed with 380.61 again and had the same result with slower than normal VPN client performance. I reverted back to 380.61_beta1 and VPN speeds operated as normal. I then did a reset on the router and flashed to 380.61. I then restored my settings using a backup copy of my settings. The VPN Client speeds are now operating as normal.

Last edited:
This morning I reboot my AC87 with .61 because OpenVPN giv' again "Routing Conflict" after switching OpenVPN On/Off and On again.
5 hours later router won't let me to the internet, which I was already for a half hour.
After an Reboot internet works again.

Any tips to invest this, because the logs not much only this if I recal correctly MSI-X problem.

Thanks
Henk.

Anyone on RT-3200? I'm still on 380.59. Working great. Should I update to this version? Or no reason too if its working fine? If there are performance enhancements then I would def update.

Im on the 3200 also and on .59, works flawlessly.. im staying.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available, for all supported models.

This is the first official release that supports Asus's new firmware format. This means that you can directly flash this version on top of Asus's 3.0.0.4.380_3xxx and newer. Reverting to an older version will require putting your router in firmware recovery mode.

The most important changes since 380.59:

• Compatible with the new firmware header format.
  • Merged with Asus GPL 380_3831.
  • Updated OpenVPN to 2.3.11 and Dropbear to 2016.74.
  • Fixes to OpenVPN's status report
  • Reverted a lot of Asus's customizations to minidlna, to resolve various stability issues

There is one known issue at this time where, for a few users, the networkmap comes up empty. I've been unable to reproduce the problem, and people reported similar issues with the stock firmware, so I'll let Asus take care of that one. This should not impair the router's functionality or it's stability.

Please review the changelog for the complete list of changes.

Also please view this post regarding some changes regarding development on this project.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Thanks for this! After this release my htc10 finally doesn't Disconnect every 5 min and reconnect. And actually keeps a stable 300mbps link to my 68u.

Bought AC5300 - could only run ASUS firmware - Loaded 380.61 and working great ! Thanks and smart connect is a joke on AC5300 so running 3 channels - 2.4, 5G1, 5G2 and works great. Range for 5 GHz is twice the range of my ASUS 68U. Thanks Merlin.

Anyone on RT-3200? I'm still on 380.59. Working great. Should I update to this version? Or no reason too if its working fine? If there are performance enhancements then I would def update.

I am on 3200 and working great, if you should update or not is up to you.

Hi,
i have the RT-AC88U. The first original FW 3004380-2345 works perfekt.
With the 3004380-3341 I had problems with WAN Connection.
Now with the newest 3004380-3941 all works but i have massive problems to reach wlan devices from another wlan device. For example Bose App can't find the Bose devices, i can't reach all of my IP Cams (i see them all connected in the router UI) and so on.

My question: is there any change in the Merlin FW from the original 3004380-3941 in wlan so that the problems could be solved?
Or is it better to go back to the Merlin .59 with the rescue program?

Thanks and kind regards
Chris

Hi,
i have the RT-AC88U. The first original FW 3004380-2345 works perfekt.
With the 3004380-3341 I had problems with WAN Connection.
Now with the newest 3004380-3941 all works but i have massive problems to reach wlan devices from another wlan device. For example Bose App can't find the Bose devices, i can't reach all of my IP Cams (i see them all connected in the router UI) and so on.

My question: is there any change in the Merlin FW from the original 3004380-3941 in wlan so that the problems could be solved?
Or is it better to go back to the Merlin .59 with the rescue program?

Thanks and kind regards
Chris
Try factory reset

I noticed today that Newegg has refurbished RT-AC68 routers for $99. Not a bad upgrade for older Mips based routers.

I also tried importing the certificates in a virgin portable Firefox setup; that failed as well.

Maybe I should try older versions of Firefox now?

(Or literally your values for org, location, etc.)

That should not give any problem, that is just (a sort of) comment in the certificate.

Working great on both AC66 in AP mode and AC68 in Router mode. This is the first firmware in a long time that is not requiring weekly reboots due to RAM consumption on the AC68. RAM usage has not moved since installing the firmware 5 days ago.

Updated AC66 from 380.58 to 380.61, no reset to factory default. So far so good.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hi

I got 2 questions that is not specific for 380.61 but i belive it can be answered here. i have not found any other posts regarding the issues but i might be wrong.
So, nr 1. in the client list regardless if it is mac filters och dhcp list or dns lists the icons and name for each device can't be changed why?
When hitting apply nothing happeneds.
In som versions this works but not all. Is this a Asus issue or somthing RMerlin has control over?
nr 2. Is there anything i can set so that i can change the dns filters without restarting my router? As of now i have to restart it for the change to take effect. quite annoying.

Running a AC88U 380.61.

380.61 is based on 380_3831, so the code is slightly different from 3941. During beta test, the WAN feedback was generally good - much better than 380.60, which was based on 380_34xx. Asus reverted some of the 34xx changes with 38xx. No idea about the 39xx code, they haven't released GPL sources for that new release.

So, nr 1. in the client list regardless if it is mac filters och dhcp list or dns lists the icons and name for each device can't be changed why?

You can only edit clients that are online - it doesn't work when the client is offline. Probably a limitation of the current implementation. Asus is making changes to that code with every new release, so it's possible that they might eventually allow this.

nr 2. Is there anything i can set so that i can change the dns filters without restarting my router? As of now i have to restart it for the change to take effect. quite annoying.

You shouldn't need to reboot your router. In fact, all of my DNSFilter tests were always done without a reboot of the router. The change are purely at the iptables level. It's possible that your issue is rather that you are resolving hostnames that are already cached by either your client (the browser), the computer, or the router. Try just restarting the dnsmasq service on the router. Over SSH:

Code:
service restart_dnsmasq

On a Windows computer, flush the DNS cache, through a command prompt:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

And restart your client (if it's a web browser, close it and reopen it).

You can only edit clients that are online - it doesn't work when the client is offline. Probably a limitation of the current implementation. Asus is making changes to that code with every new release, so it's possible that they might eventually allow this.

You shouldn't need to reboot your router. In fact, all of my DNSFilter tests were always done without a reboot of the router. The change are purely at the iptables level. It's possible that your issue is rather that you are resolving hostnames that are already cached by either your client (the browser), the computer, or the router. Try just restarting the dnsmasq service on the router. Over SSH:

Code:
service restart_dnsmasq

On a Windows computer, flush the DNS cache, through a command prompt:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

And restart your client (if it's a web browser, close it and reopen it).

On nr 1. I can't change even if the client is online. only client i can change is my cable connected pc no other device. if i change anything itgets reset to default image and the name gets erased.

Tanks for the tips on subject 2.

"You can only edit clients that are online - it doesn't work when the client is offline. "

For those clients I have DHCP addresses reserved via LAN DHCP page I can edit them if they are off-line.

My 5 Ghz network is now extremely slow on any release after 380.58. I was getting speeds of 88Mbs on Xfinity speed test on firmware version 380.58. Now I am getting about 6Mbs after upgrading to 380.61. My 2.4 Ghz network gets 46 Mbs on the same laptop in the same location which is about the same as it was getting on prior firmware releases. Having already ruled out any external factors...since my laptop is always in the same place...and also the same exact thing happened when i uploaded 380.59 but i went back to 380.58 the speed also went back up to about 88 Mbs on Xfinity speed test. My router is an RT AC 87U any ideas? My laptop is a MSI Apache Pro 2016 model with latest drivers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!