What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@ Merlin
Thanks for the reply, but I have the following problem with the new firmware (380.61 and 380.62) on RT-AC68U and RT-AC3200:
My network printer (MFP HP LaserJet Pro M127fn) enters standby mode after a while and never returns. If I want to print something no longer receives the order and the only solution is to close and restart printer from on/off button.
I reinstalled the old firmware 380.59 and everything returned to normal. Now the printer wakes up from standby and print anytime.
Note that this happens on two different routers (RT-AC68U and RT-AC3200).
It is very annoying and that is why I am compelled to remain to version 380.59.

Any idea how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

It probably worked witn 380.59 because it was doing hourly rescan of the network, which was effectively bringing it out of sleep every hour.

No idea how HP implement sleep mode, it should normally keep the Ethernet port awake and just turn off the rest of the printer. If it puts it into deeper sleep mode, then it can be problematic.

It probably worked witn 380.59 because it was doing hourly rescan of the network, which was effectively bringing it out of sleep every hour.

No idea how HP implement sleep mode, it should normally keep the Ethernet port awake and just turn off the rest of the printer. If it puts it into deeper sleep mode, then it can be problematic.

Bozo29 could use the latest firmware if he adds a cron pinging its printer ip each hour.

I installed and tested Shibby's Tomato and not have this problem.
It is possible to make settings on v.380.62 to doing hourly rescan of the network? In this way could solve my problem?

It is possible to make settings on v.380.62 to doing hourly rescan of the network? In this way could solve my problem?

Like I wrote before your message, ssh to your device and add a cron command so your hp printer is pinged each hour to awaken it.

Like I wrote before your message, ssh to your device and add a cron command so your hp printer is pinged each hour to awaken it.

Thanks for the reply, but I do not know how to do that. :(
Can you help me, you explain that for beginners?

Might simply just disable sleep mode in that case, because an hourly scan would simply keep your printer out of sleep mode (and your entire LAN along with it, hence a very bad idea).

Bozo29 could use the latest firmware if he adds a cron pinging its printer ip each hour.

Adding a static ARP entry might be a cleaner solution (if it works), as it wouldn't force his printer to constantly come out of sleep mode.

However, I think that's not the problem.

My printer is in standby mode with both versions of firmware (380.59 and 380.62).
I know this because when it is in Standby mode, the LED for Stand-By blink.
In addition, when I want to print something, whether it is in Standby mode it lasts a little longer for print (380.59).
So in both cases it is surely in standby mode.
And (with 380.62) I can access the printer's web interface and make settings changes, but still does not print.
If I click once on Stand-By button the printer wakes up, but still does not print.
She does not want to print until I stop and then restart from power button.

Ping also does not work.
I pinged the printer from the laptop and does not work.

Any idea on how to solve this problem, please?

@RMerlin - Is it possible to enable which interface to be used for the DDNS update? I believe ez-update offers the option, but this is not available via the GUI. I need this because I use the DUAL WAN feature with load sharing, and I would like a specific WAN to be used for update rather than first one (whichever hits first)...

@RMerlin - Is it possible to enable which interface to be used for the DDNS update? I believe ez-update offers the option, but this is not available via the GUI. I need this because I use the DUAL WAN feature with load sharing, and I would like a specific WAN to be used for update rather than first one (whichever hits first)...

That's wont help, because the IP update isn't based on the interface from which the request is sent by ez-ipupdate, but the internal IP present on the WAN interface. You have to use a custom DDNS script if you wish to make it work differently.

In v.380.59 GUI "Tools/Other Settings" there is an option "Networkmap: Hourly full rescans network (default: Yes)".
In version 380.62 this option no longer exists.
It is possible to activate this feature with SSH command? Or otherwise?

This might solve my problem.

Thank you

I install 380.62 with a complete firmware reset. i realize once a day a reboot of my rooter. Here is my logfile (as attachement)

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 695
In v.380.59 GUI "Tools/Other Settings" there is an option "Networkmap: Hourly full rescans network (default: Yes)".
In version 380.62 this option no longer exists.
It is possible to activate this feature with SSH command? Or otherwise?

This might solve my problem.

Thank you

The option was removed because there's no longer any hourly scan in the firmware, so there's nothing left to disable.

I install 380.62 with a complete firmware reset. i realize once a day a reboot of my rooter. Here is my logfile (as attachement)

Check your USB disk, something seems wrong with it.

So could anyone confirm he has no problems with Traffic Analyzer in Safari? It doesn't work on two of my Macs.

However, I think that's not the problem.

My printer is in standby mode with both versions of firmware (380.59 and 380.62).
I know this because when it is in Standby mode, the LED for Stand-By blink.
In addition, when I want to print something, whether it is in Standby mode it lasts a little longer for print (380.59).
So in both cases it is surely in standby mode.
And (with 380.62) I can access the printer's web interface and make settings changes, but still does not print.
If I click once on Stand-By button the printer wakes up, but still does not print.
She does not want to print until I stop and then restart from power button.

Ping also does not work.
I pinged the printer from the laptop and does not work.

Any idea on how to solve this problem, please?

Just as an fyi, I had the m127fw and had the same problem. There are numerous posts on the hp support site about it. One particular person traced it to the exact firmware update that started the problem. He was a company IT guy and was able to test with multiple printers and was able to verify the issue by testing with multiple printers before upgrading and multiple printers after. It has been a while so I don't remember the version that started the problem. Unfortunately, the printer doesn't allow downgrading. I went back and forth with HP support and they even went as far as to send a new printer but it had the exact same firmware version that I already had (the latest at the time) and it had the same problem. I eventually gave up and bought a Samsung. I gave the printer to my mother because with her setup, the printer is near the computer so it isn't hard for her to power cycle it (the only thing that fixes the problem) and even with her Netgear WNDR4300, she also has the issue. It was a very strange problem. At first, I thought it was due to going into standby mode but that is not the case because for me, the problem wouldn't happen for about 2 hours which was longer than the 15 minute standby. I tried putting it on a separate isolated network I created with my old Netgear WNDR3700 and it went for days without issue. That did make me think it was something specific with my RT-AC68P but then after giving it to my mother, I noticed that it also happens with her but takes weeks. She has a lot less network traffic than me, so my theory was that it had to do with network traffic. I went as far as to create packet captures that definitely showed the issue was with the printer and I gave it to HP, but they said that they had no way to communicate with the actual tech people who could do anything with them. It was some type of buffer overflow. When the printer got into the bad state, it would respond correctly to the initial packets indicating the print job and the print size but then when the computer would send the actual print job data (which would span multiple packets) the printer would keep responding to each packet telling the computer to send a smaller one the next time until it got to 0. The computer would keep polling and the printer would respond saying that it couldn't handle another packet.

Running this build on a asus rt-ac68u.

Have weird issues with the usb/samba support. Specifically a fat32 formatted flash drive is in the usb 3.0 port. Nothing on it is accessible if allow guest login is turned off. Windows 8/10 is unable to see any shares nor is prompted for a login. Only error message is \\{NAME} is not accessible...... The stub received bad data.

Switching ports makes no difference. The flash drive has already been scanned and is not 'dirty'. Any thoughts?

I'm also having a weird issue with this version.

I upgraded straight from 380.61_0 to 380.62_1 . After using it for a bit I noticed that if I start a download or try to multitask online, the first thing I start will basically prevent anything else from passing traffic.

I can have a Youtube video open and it will stream fine but the rest of the pages just spin until the video finishes..

Nothing has changed on my settings, not using any QOS. CTF and FA are enabled, using IPv6 and Dual Wan.

I have an RT-AC66U and upgraded to 380.62 and my parental controls screen to show the devices and controls is missing and my network map does not display any devices either. Any idea?

This is what I see:

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-10-06 23:58:52.png
    Screenshot from 2016-10-06 23:58:52.png
    296.6 KB · Views: 672
  • Screenshot from 2016-10-06 23:57:48.png
    Screenshot from 2016-10-06 23:57:48.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!