What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It probably worked witn 380.59 because it was doing hourly rescan of the network, which was effectively bringing it out of sleep every hour.

I did this experiment in version 380.59.
I disabled "Networkmap: Hourly full rescans network" and found that that was not the problem, because with this setting disabled if I want to print something, I have no problems, the printer wakes up from stand-by mode and print .

Any idea what else has changed in version 380.61 or 380.62 and that may be my problem?

I need help, because that's why I got stuck at version 380.59.

I did this experiment in version 380.59.
I disabled "Networkmap: Hourly full rescans network" and found that that was not the problem, because with this setting disabled if I want to print something, I have no problems, the printer wakes up from stand-by mode and print .

Any idea what else has changed in version 380.61 or 380.62 and that may be my problem?

I need help, because that's why I got stuck at version 380.59.

I use an HP Photosmart B110 connected via WiFi to the AC3200. I have used Merlin 380.58 /59/60/61/62 and not seen any issue with the HP coming out of standby even after it not being used for 2 weeks.

The times I have had issues with the printer it has been a down to the HP software on the PC/Laptop becoming corrupt.

I had to repair the install and remake the WiFi connection to the HP.

I use an HP Photosmart B110 connected via WiFi to the AC3200. I have used Merlin 380.58 /59/60/61/62 and not seen any issue with the HP coming out of standby even after it not being used for 2 weeks.

The times I have had issues with the printer it has been a down to the HP software on the PC/Laptop becoming corrupt.

I had to repair the install and remake the WiFi connection to the HP.

It is interesting what you say, but unfortunately has no connection with my problem.
And by the way, my printer (HP m127fn) is not wireless printer is a cable network printer.
No offense.

I have these problems with the printer only if I use (on router) firmware versions from Merlin over 380.59.
Otherwise, the printer works O.K. if I install an older versions of firmware on router or other firmware from Shibby's Tomato or DD-WRT.

And because the issue upset me for a while I tested the printer with another older router that I have in the house, a "D-Link DIR615" which has installed on it "DD-WRT".
Also I have no problem with the printer.
Strange...

My problem is that I like the firmware from Merlin and I want to use it.

No idea. There's quite a few reports out there of sleep mode issues with HP printers and not just with Asus routers. Things seem to point at a faulty firmware update from HP. I even once had a customer having similar problem with a USB printer, and HP's own solution was to run a tool provided by their support which disabled sleep mode.

RMerlin, I too am seeing an issue with printing. The router (ac68u) identifies the printer correctly. Sending a print job after a reboot works without issue. Sending another print job at a later time doesn't seem to go through.

Looking through running processes, lpd is present in the list.

Previously, the router was running ddwrt with the p910 driver. Print jobs processed immediately regardless if sent after a router reboot or 10 hours later. Something is causing this to stall/break. Please advise how to debug this further?

Can anyone help to get the most out of the r7000 and this firmware with g.dmt broadband.
3mbps download and 0.5 upload
Mainly used for streaming and 15 devices

RMerlin, just making sure that you know that this has been a ROCK SOLID release for me (coming from 3.56.2) on my AC3200! My NVRAM usage is lower than it has ever been (using the same config options) and for the first time ever, it doesn't creep upwards (probably because you eliminated some pesky memory leaks).

Thanks for making the effort to clean up and just polish this very stable firmware release....WELL DONE!!!
-Stach

Hmmm, just did an update of my N66U to 380.62_1 and I'm having an issue now, forgive me if I get verbose here.

Ok, so 3 systems on my network. My Windows 10 system, a Mac Mini running Mavericks, and a Synology box running DSM 5.2. All worked fine until 2 hours ago, when I did the router update. Since the update, my Windows system hasn't been able to talk to the Synology box at all. I can't log into the running web services or open up folders. Windows says "the network path was not found", though apparently the name of the NAS shows up in the Networks list and I can ping the IP from the Windows CMD box. I did test with an un-modded MS Edge browser, so it's not a plug-in issue.

So I fired up a VNC app and was able to log into my Mac ok. From there I opened a browser and I was able to log into the Synology web interface ok and the Mac is able to access files off the server fine. So it's strictly a Windows - Synology thing, unless the N66U is doing something.

On the N66U, I was upgrading from 378.55. After the upgrade, I had it do a factory reset via the Admin menu. I took some snapshots of my old settings before doing the upgrade. After the upgrade, I went through and set everything back up again. The only 2 conscious changes were changing the traffic monitoring save frequency from 1 hour to 6 hours and turning off NAT acceleration because I'm now wanting to make sure my data usage is more accurate now (Thanks Comcast).

I've tried rebooting all 4 devices (PC and router were powered off). Confirmed on the Synology that the Windows File System, Apple File System, and NFS system were all still enabled. Tried turning the NAT acceleration on since that was the only real change and didn't help. (it's back off) and tried turning on the SMB2 option since I saw a new option (for me) regarding SMB and thought to give it a try, didn't help.

Since Explorer isn't finding the NAS (so it says), then I guess I can count out a browser plug-in that might be blocking things. I haven't added any new non-game software (other then any possible auto-updates, though on the Windows side I have that blocked atm) and tried disabling kaspersky and Windows firewall without any change.

Any other suggestions to look into?

I also note now that my past history of data useage isn't showing up any more, it had previously survived other upgrades. Was that the NAT accelerator change? I confirmed it's set up to use my USB flash drive that it used previously (didn't type in the location, just used the browse button to point at the existing folder on it).

Hi, RMerlin!
Is it possible that, You could add an option to unmount microsd card on RT-N66U routers ?. I have a cards installed in router with optware installed but can't see it on web page.

I am having an odd issue, with my laptop connecting to my server the transfer speed from the Laptop to the server is a tenth of the speed server to laptop.
If I disable QOS (adaptive) then the speed is fine again.

I have used the backup tool nvram-save-r24 , reset the router and uploaded the settings again but the problem persists.
My other computer has no problem either way and laptop to PC works fine as well.

Everythings on the same network and IP range 192.168.1.*

This is reproducible by transferring a large file then switching QOS off and on, it only seems to be an issue with wifi?
Bump for help. Router reset and manually configured with the same result.

Any other suggestions to look into?

My guess is your problem was caused by your PC recently upgrading to Windows 10 1607. It has created quite a few issues related to networks.

The firmware has no impact on the traffic between the NAS and te ePC since that traffic is directly switched and not routed.

I would also double check the NAS's IP, and see if you can access its network shares by that IP if you were previously accessing it by name.

Hi, RMerlin!
Is it possible that, You could add an option to unmount microsd card on RT-N66U routers ?. I have a cards installed in router with optware installed but can't see it on web page.

No plan to, sorry. The RT-N66U is a 4 years old model and the only one with that SD card, would be too much work just for that specific model. Connect over SSH and manually unmount it.

Thank you all for keeping the updates coming.

I have a AC88U in router mode running behind a NVG599 set to full passthrough, but keep getting the following odd behavior. WAN/NAT/UPNP set to yes. DHCP Frequency set to "Normal Mode". Log does not show any errors related to WAN IP assignment. Any thoughts?

Running 380.62_1

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17763879/Test4.mp4

(Updated link to mask IP/DDNS information).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you all for keeping the updates coming.

I have a AC88U in router mode running behind a NVG599 set to full passthrough, but keep getting the following odd behavior. Any thoughts? Log does not show any errors related to WAN IP assignment.

Running 380.62_1

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17763879/380.62_1 WAN Connection Issue.mp4

Thanks!
Should watch out about posting your ddns and ip on the internet like that, its asking for someone to attack all your common ports now, I would secure them until you switch out the ddns and get a new ip from your isp. Also I had that issue when the DHCP query frequency was sent to aggressive, see if you moved it from the default normal mode.

One thing that's new to me since my upgrade, what's the "App" in the top right, next to the wifi symbol, signify?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!