What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely release - thank you. All the instability of previous release or two seems to have been resolved in this one on my 87u and the system has never run so fluidly. Thank you so much for your hard work. Will get on the donation

Probably not an issue with the specific build, but I've just switched from John's fork of Merlin to this build, and have noticed that if I have something like this in the custom configuration pane of a vpn client:

route plex.tv 255.255.255.255 net_gateway

The routes do get added and things appear to work as expected (the vpn tunnel is active), but the status for the client connection says "Error connecting - IP/Routing conflict". This status issue didn't happen with John's fork.

Any ideas on how to solve the status error?

There are also errors on the system log (that go away if I don't have the "route plex.tv" line in the custom config for the vpn client), which were also present when running John's fork... but the status indicator never claimed this was a problem:

Dec 17 19:39:58 openvpn[4001]: Ignore conflicted routing rule: 52.50.37.29 255.255.255.255
Dec 17 19:39:58 openvpn[4001]: Ignore conflicted routing rule: 52.51.103.217 255.255.255.255
Dec 17 19:39:58 openvpn[4001]: Ignore conflicted routing rule: 52.209.254.156 255.255.255.255

The routes do get added and things appear to work as expected (the vpn tunnel is active), but the status for the client connection says "Error connecting - IP/Routing conflict". This status issue didn't happen with John's fork.
I didn't backport that change which added the extended status to the status page (the fork is an 'up' or 'down'). So Merlin is just showing you additional info.

I didn't backport that change which added the extended status to the status page (the fork is an 'up' or 'down'). So Merlin is just showing you additional info.

Except that the additional info is obscuring the fact that the status is in fact "up"... it's not _just_ additional.

I have some issues with my AC68U VERY slow internet, i have a 500/500 mb fiber connection, but if i go to my ICP website and try to run a speedtest i get latency error firewall blocking and such?, strange since my Routers Firewall is turned off, i always have it off, never had issues before, anyone else having issues with this 380.64 now i regret upgrading from 380.63_2 which was running fine, can i downgrade again without problems.
Or will i make my Router F.U.B.A.R

Small update Seems MS changed something AGAIN!!! i Rolled back my Windows 10 4 days using Rollback RX i remember MS 1607 or what ever it was called installed then well i now have no issues, ofc now i get the MS update installed again then we will see thx M$

Ohh yea this is the update making my System F.U.B.A.R
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632).

After I upgraded and reentered my configs, the web GUI to the router and web surfing was very slow. Since everyone else reported that the router web GUI was much faster, I knew something was not correct. I fixed by removing the power cable from the back of the router, letting it rest for several minutes, then plugged it back in.

Yes, you can go back to 63_2. Before doing so, please read post 34.

Thanks, i upgraded from 63_2 on my RT-3200 and everything seems to be going smooth.

First, Merlin, THANKS for all your hard work developing this. I really appreciate it!

Upgraded from 63_2 on my RT-3200, but for some reason I don't see anything on the update firmware page to launch the check for a new version, nor do I see a switch on the Tools -> Other Settings page to turn the check on or off. Tried in Chrome, IE, and Edge to see if it was a browser issue. Unplugged for 30 sec and plugged back in. No change. Not a big issue, I can always check Merlin's page, but it's one of those things that makes me go "Hmmmmmmmm"

Or is it time for a factory reset?

I'm sure as I do not have it installed through entware and this command was available in the last firmware.
uhhh....I have it enabled in my fork. I was trying out some scripts one time and enabled it.
Code:
admin@AC68P-06650:/tmp/home/root# xargs --help
Usage: xargs [OPTION]... COMMAND [INITIAL-ARGS]...
Run COMMAND with arguments INITIAL-ARGS and more arguments read from input.

I'm sure as I do not have it installed through entware and this command was available in the last firmware.

I just did a git diff on Busybox's config file going all the way back to October 2015, and xargs was never enabled throughout that. In October 2016 I enabled modutils's alias support. Previous change to that config file was in March 2016, an Asus GPL merge removed an obsolete option related to DHCP. You can check the commit log on busybox/config_base for yourself on Github.

First, Merlin, THANKS for all your hard work developing this. I really appreciate it!

Upgraded from 63_2 on my RT-3200, but for some reason I don't see anything on the update firmware page to launch the check for a new version, nor do I see a switch on the Tools -> Other Settings page to turn the check on or off. Tried in Chrome, IE, and Edge to see if it was a browser issue. Unplugged for 30 sec and plugged back in. No change. Not a big issue, I can always check Merlin's page, but it's one of those things that makes me go "Hmmmmmmmm"

Or is it time for a factory reset?

Post a screenshot. Probably means you are not running 380.64 then. And the Check button was actually always there, previously it just sent you to the global download page instead of doing an online check, but the button was already there.

About busybox and Asuswrt:
As I remember porting busybox to Asuswrt was very (surprisingly!) easy. Actually, no real "porting" was required. I just download the latest source tarball busybox.tar.bz2 (I used the latest dev version), unpack it and that's it - it was ready to be compiled. Actually, there were some minor changes, but they were really very small and trivial.

Post a screenshot. Probably means you are not running 380.64 then. And the Check button was actually always there, previously it just sent you to the global download page instead of doing an online check, but the button was already there.

I see the link that goes to the global download page, but no button ...

3200 Firmware Verison.PNG
3200 Tools.PNG

I see the link that goes to the global download page, but no button ...

You are missing other panes from that window. Signature version check is not there.
Also the firmware version is shown as 380.64_0 on my AC3200 in 4 browsers the number is 380.64.

Looks like it is time to do a reset.

You are missing other panes from that window. Signature version check is not there.
Also the firmware version is shown as 380.64_0 on my AC3200 in 4 browsers the number is 380.64.

Looks like it is time to do a reset.
Signature check is only available if the Trends protection is activated, otherwise this button is missing.

Signature check is only available if the Trends protection is activated, otherwise this button is missing.

Umm, not in my experience.

If I turn off TrendMicro and reboot my router the sig check is present as it always has been.

I am just setting up an AC3200 for my neighbour, this is brand new out of the box and AiProtection is not turned on, the sig check is there in the menu.

I previously had the AC-87U , 4 of them , one after the other as they were all faulty and got returned, that sig check was always in the GUI.

After delivery of the second 87U I found and installed Merlin and have done so ever since, I have always seen that sig check present and I only started using AiProtection @ 6 months ago.

I have just turned off TrendMicro , flashed the new 380.64 and powered the router off for 5 minutes. After a cold restart the sig check is still present.

HI . I have a constant problem. my ppoe connection disconnect randomly and then riconnect.. provider problem or configuration/firmware problem? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!