What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use https over 8443 for local administration and just upgraded my AC66U from 380.63_2 to 380.64_1.

After the successful upgrade and reboot (from ssh), a new https-cert was created (valid from just then and 10 years forward), so I had to export the cert chain and put it on in trust list in Chrome. That is all expected behaviour.

But after a few changes in the DDNS section I rebooted the router from the webui button. Afterwards the cert was not recognized anymore. It turned out, the https cert served from the router was an old one valid from August 1 2015. Since, to my knowledge, a new cert is generated upon every firmware upgrade, this seems like a bug.

Anyone experiencing the same?
See post #2

There is definitely something wrong with last 2 releases and Safari: using ios and Mac OS, very often cannot open page, need to reload it many times, and during browsing it hangs sometimes, displaying fragment of webui or sometimes fragments of code. After some time, Safari card with webui opened takes all memmory.
I can upgrade using Safari, but browsing is buggy.
Ah, details: RT-AC68U (router mode) and 2xRT-AC66U (ap mode), all have problems (it started probably 2 releases ago).

No issues here with Safari 10.0.2 and my AC87U and N66U - make sure you clear your cache and accept the Cert. See post #2 to have the cert save until the next firmware update and have it stored in the keychain. If that still doesn't fix your issue you may need to reset the router back to factory and setup manually or use John's tool here to backup and then restore: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/

No issues here with Safari 10.0.2 and my AC87U and N66U - make sure you clear your cache and accept the Cert. See post #2 to have the cert save until the next firmware update and have it stored in the keychain. If that still doesn't fix your issue you may need to reset the router back to factory and setup manually or use John's tool here to backup and then restore: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/
I will probably do that, I need only a little time for that.
Does it make sense to make backup and restore using this tool? If there are some problems now, there is chance that they will happen again.

I will probably do that, I need only a little time for that.
Does it make sense to make backup and restore using this tool? If there are some problems now, there is chance that they will happen again.
You shouldn't backup setting that may have problem. It's likely that you will get the same problems when you restore back that setting. Normally, I backup it when I fleshly configured the router(less likely to have problems) so that when there is a problem, I can get back to it.

Purchased an AC1900P from Best Buy and immediately installed 64-2 on it. Runs great, but I've noticed that a custom dnsmasq.conf in /jffs/configs isn't overriding the original .conf file.

Purchased an AC1900P from Best Buy and immediately installed 64-2 on it. Runs great, but I've noticed that a custom dnsmasq.conf in /jffs/configs isn't overriding the original .conf file.

Make sure you enabled support for custom config/script, on the Administration -> System page. Also check your system log for any message related to custom configs and/or dnsmasq.

Yeah custom configs is checked yes and this is in the syslog:

custom config: Using custom /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf config file.

Anyway to check and see if the settings in my custom dnsmasq.conf was actually used instead of the syslog. Maybe syslog is reporting old values it before it applies new values?

I am little confused? Which is correct firmware now? 380.64-2 or 380.65alpha5? What are difference?

380.64_2 is the latest stable version. 380.65alpha5 is the latest development version. Stick withe stable version unless you want to experiment or test upcoming features. Differences are in the change log and commits on github.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah custom configs is checked yes and this is in the syslog:

custom config: Using custom /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf config file.

Anyway to check and see if the settings in my custom dnsmasq.conf was actually used instead of the syslog. Maybe syslog is reporting old values it before it applies new values?

Check the content of /etc/dnsmasq.conf .

Its not a problem per se, I experience no functionality loss from this. What I notice is that it takes up to a day for IPV6 info to show up after a FW upgrade. It happened when I first set the router up a few weeks ago, and then today when I flashed to 380.64_2, the info is not there again. But my guess is that it will show up tonight or tomorrow. When IPV6 network config is there, the desktops, laptops, phones and tablets appear to use it as they should.

Not sure if this new or not. I migrated to an RT-AC88 and 380.64 at the same time. I am on comcast with the router behind an Arris TM722G cable modem.

I am using the "Firewall: Drop IPv6 neighbour solicitation broadcasts" feature set to Yes, not sure if that's doing it.

The Arris TM722G Reports:
DHCP Attempts to obtain CM IP Address:
IPv4 Attempt(s) 0
IPv6 Attempt(s) 5
I've never noticed 5 IPV6 Retries before

I access the comcast IPv6 test link:
View attachment 8238

Here is the IPV6 config
View attachment 8239

Again, its not a major problem, I'm curious if others see this, or its normal... or maybe there's a tweak to get IPV6 sooner.

Paul

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem? I am having similar issues with IPv6 on Comcast since updating to 380.64_2.

EDIT: This is on an RT-AC88U

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem? I am having similar issues with IPv6 on Comcast since updating to 380.64_2.

EDIT: This is on an RT-AC88U

I did figure out that the "Firewall: Drop IPv6 neighbour solicitation broadcasts" being on or off does not affect it.

It is related to the Arris modem: The Arris TM722G Reports (under CM State)
DHCP Attempts to obtain CM IP Address:
IPv4 Attempt(s) 0
IPv6 Attempt(s) 6
Each time my IPV6 address/config came back after the IPV6 retries went up one. Its related. Unfortunately comcast locks access to the TM722G advanced (configuration) tab, so no way to try things there.

I'm going to live with it. It seems like overnight it comes back. It's not enough of a problem to keep recreating to figure out the exact cause, and there is no functionality loss to clients

Paul

I tracked down a bug that would affect the newer router models (those running in GMAC3 mode, like the RT-AC88U). Since Asus switched to that mode at some point last year (I forgot exactly when), it might explain some of the random IPV6 issues of past few releases, and which would only occur with some specific router models.

Thanks, that makes sense as to why I lost IPv6 functionality when I switched from .59 to .64_2. Any chance for a fix in the next release?

Thanks, that makes sense as to why I lost IPv6 functionality when I switched from .59 to .64_2. Any chance for a fix in the next release?

The code is already on Github, which means it will be part of the next release (unless during development it turns out to be creating a different issue).

Noticed an issue on AC87U, with Dual WAN the second standby connection shows as disconnected until you manually reapply settings on WAN page, then it changes to Standby. This happens on startup. Anything I can add to scripts to auto-correct for now?

Dear @RMerlin, I've noticed the following in the changelog for 380.58, which I understood as applicable for 380.64 also:

- NEW: Added Tweaks and Hacks settings to Tools -> Other Settings.
These are UNSUPPORTED tweaks, intended mostly for
experimentation, or very specific situations. If unsure how
to apply these, manually reboot after changing them.
One of new settings there lets you disable hourly network

rescans, to resolve issues with NAS/printers coming out

of sleep every hour

I am not seeing this option on my RT-N66U. Is it available only for certain router models?

Dear @RMerlin, I've noticed the following in the changelog for 380.58, which I understood as applicable for 380.64 also:

I am not seeing this option on my RT-N66U. Is it available only for certain router models?

Asus removed the hourly scans from the code, therefore that setting was no longer necessary.

RMerlin, I would want to submit your attention to a problem with DualWAN and L2TP. I found that it is not possible to connect with two providers via L2TP (dualwan). Only one connection is possible at a time. ppp0 established succesfully, but then router try to establish ppp1, but it use vpn gateway from the first connection and get chap authorization error.

RMerlin, I would want to submit your attention to a problem with DualWAN and L2TP. I found that it is not possible to connect with two providers via L2TP (dualwan). Only one connection is possible at a time. ppp0 established succesfully, but then router try to establish ppp1, but it use vpn gateway from the first connection and get chap authorization error.

I don't touch the Dual WAN code nor the L2TP code, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!