What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone know why the WMM APSD was stripped out of the 5ghz band? And many other features that are now 2.4ghz only? I noticed this when I updated the stock firmware a while ago. Thinking maybe Merlin didn't strip it I installed Merlin, but unfortunately it was gone too.

Any idea how to get it back (without reverting to previous firmware)? I have great benefits in battery life of my devices from it. But now I have to be stuck at 2.4 ghz for it to be working. Why?

It's been 3 days now and I still have an IPv6 connection to Comcast which is a new record for me and my 88u. I'm glad I thought of signal quality and swapped out the cable between the modem and the router. I'm hoping that the connection remains solid and I will be content to remain on 380.65_2 as it works for me.

You might run a Wi-Fi scanner and see who your neighbors are and what channels they are on so you can position yourself in between them to minimize interference.

Did the channel check before the posting. Now have version [Fork] 374.43 LTS running on 2.4Hz, so far so good, no signal drop. Just wonder? Many thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know why the WMM APSD was stripped out of the 5ghz band? And many other features that are now 2.4ghz only? I noticed this when I updated the stock firmware a while ago. Thinking maybe Merlin didn't strip it I installed Merlin, but unfortunately it was gone too.
What firmware and router do you have? It's still there in Merlin's .66 A2 for 68U.

Update: A3 also still has WMM APSD in 68U.

Last edited:
What firmware and router do you have? It's still there in Merlin's .66 A2 for 68U.

I'm running the rt-ac87u with the latest Merlin version, .65_4. I'm not sure which version I ran before it went away. I only noticed it because at some point I noticed worse battery time on my phone and my laptop said WMM APSD wasn't available when I checked for energy optimizations.

I'm running the rt-ac87u with the latest Merlin version, .65_4. I'm not sure which version I ran before it went away. I only noticed it because at some point I noticed worse battery time on my phone and my laptop said WMM APSD wasn't available when I checked for energy optimizations.
Since you have 87U it's possible the option was removed cause it's the only asus router that have a QUALCOMM 5G band. Wait for other 87U users to confirm I don't have an 87U.

Since you have 87U it's possible the option was removed cause it's the only asus router that have a QUALCOMM 5G band. Wait for other 87U users to confirm I don't have an 87U.
Confirmed! :rolleyes:

I do not have a problem with the missing WMM APSD setting as I do not allow the SmartPhones and Tablets (all on Android) to connect to wireless when in standby mode - it's a standard feature of Android do disable it. :cool:

I´m new to the Asuswrt-Merlin world. I have a RT-AC3200 and my first firmware was the 380.65, it workt perfect. When updated to .65_2 I had two issues with slow webui and slow VPN connction and reverted back to .65.

Now I have uppdated to .65_4 and its working perfect again, up and running for 24h with no issues. :)

I would just to like to say thanks and appreciation to RMerlin for his paramount job with the Asuswrt-Merlin and also to john9527 for his time saving NVRAM Save/Restore Utility.

Hooked by the Asuswrt-Merlin world :rolleyes:

You mean Quantenna. :)

Hi There.

I have 2 x RT-AC87U running perfectly on Merlin 380.65 Uptime 51 days 2 hours 35 minute(s) 5 seconds. I have not yet updated to .65_4.

Not sure what could have been removed since 380.65 but if there is something you would like me to check, let me know.

380.65 is not usable with BF-CBC ....
Same settings, upgrading rom 380.64_2 VPN connects with AES-256-GCM instead of BF-CBC., whether i choose negotiation cipher on / of ... or something else
downgrading to 380.64_2 fixed it ...
The reason for me to use blowfish is, that my RT87U can handle 50mbit with BF-CBC and VPN, with AES 256 online about 30mbit.

pls fix ;-)

380.65 is not usable with BF-CBC ....
Same settings, upgrading rom 380.64_2 VPN connects with AES-256-GCM instead of BF-CBC., whether i choose negotiation cipher on / of ... or something else
downgrading to 380.64_2 fixed it ...
The reason for me to use blowfish is, that my RT87U can handle 50mbit with BF-CBC and VPN, with AES 256 online about 30mbit.

pls fix ;-)

Use AES-128-CBC. It will still be safer than BF-CBC, and should also be faster.

BF-CBC is considered a weak cipher, and is no longer recommended for use. If you absolutely need to use it, then disable automatic cipher negotiation.

If you absolutely need to use it, then disable automatic cipher negotiation.

i tried with disabled, nothing changed ... used still AES 256 ... thats the problem ... i could not force using VPN BF-CBC with 380,65 and above ...

i tried with disabled, nothing changed ... used still AES 256 ... thats the problem ... i could not force using VPN BF-CBC with 380,65 and above ...
Maybe you are effected by this and this topic - resulting in the need to update OpenVPN to version 2.4.1! :rolleyes:

Post your configuration.

Hi Merlin, thx for answering.
Its a General bug ... my RT87U is always connecting with AES 256.
Pls upgrade in the next betas to 2.4.1, that should solve the Problem.

Hi Merlin, thx for answering.
Its a General bug ... my RT87U is always connecting with AES 256.

If you connect using AES-256-CBC then it means something is configured telling it to. That's why I asked for your configuration.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!