What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Must be something going on with wireless as there are to many people having the same issues. Not sure why some do and some don't but there is no denying it there is something going on. :rolleyes:o_O

I was using the new Asus firmware on my 3100 and was watching my Roku 3 and had a disconnect during a movie. That has NEVER happened before. When i logged in the UI and went to the wireless device tab it showed all my wifi devices had all lost connection at the same time then quickly reconnected again never ever has that happened before. All has been good since but strange indeed.
That sounds like interference from the wifi connection. Do you have many other close routers in the neighborhood on the same channel?

I might do that! I dont usual turn of router usual let the weekly reboot do it thing, IF i shutdown cable modem for 5+ minutes or so to force it to change ip and all that will unplug router till till the modem is back up.

side note the AC66U get rather hot, Wish i could shut down the 2.4ghz and use 5ghz only but not every device supports it, it would cut back some of it heat, 2.4ghz is 58c and 5ghz is 64c usual, not even my 6700k at full load hits that hot

Does this model have ventilation coming from the bottom?

If so add a laptop cooling pad to it.

I uploaded 380.66_4 tonight. It contains a security fix for Samba, and an updated version of dropbear (which contains a few security fixes of its own, tho these don't really apply to Asuswrt-Merlin).

I uploaded 380.66_4 tonight. It contains a security fix for Samba, and an updated version of dropbear (which contains a few security fixes of its own, tho these don't really apply to Asuswrt-Merlin).
380.66_4 running well on AC66U B1 with AC68U firmware

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Uploaded 380.66_4 now I am having difficulties logging into the router.
When attempting to connect to router, a long time to connect, and long time for gui pages to load, if they load.
Twice I was able to reach router gui, and I rebooted.
Still no joy.
Although, since the wifi is working the family doesn't care. When the Family is asleep, I will attempt a "hard" reboot, and see if that makes a difference.

FWIW, I had lots of problems with my RT-AC3200 with 380.66 and 380.66_2, but I installed 380.66_4 about 22.5 hours ago or so and it has been running without incident since. None of the wireless reliability issues, without needing to turn off airtime fairness or alter my preferred configuration at all. I don't really understand it, but thought I would share this positive news since some others with the same device were running into similar issues.

Can somebody please try the following:
- On the overview page, click at the bottom of the page on "Users".
- On the right side should your clients appear. Click on the picture of any of them which does not have a static ip. A popup should appear.

Warning: The following step triggered the router to completly freeze!

- Press "MAC and IP address Binding" and apply.

--> After that I lost connection to my router (WLAN, WAN/VPN) and only disconnecting the router from power will fix that

When you change that, Asuswrt restarts the whole network stack, which can take quite a while to come back. Not the best way to handle this, Asus did it this way to ensure that any new lease gets reassigned. I've taken a look at it a while ago, and the alternative didn't appeal any better to me, so I left it as it is for now.

Running my RT-AC87U few weeks with 380.66. Everything works fine. No problems here.

When attempting to connect to router, a long time to connect, and long time for gui pages to load, if they load.
Still no joy.
Although, since the wifi is working the family doesn't care. When the Family is asleep, I will attempt a "hard" reboot, and see if that makes a difference.

About 10sec or more before the GUI did respond, after .66 to 66.4 update.
(The router was at least 10 minutes on-line before I did the Log-In thing, that wasn't the case to .66)

Traffic Analyzer - Statistic. How to clear the statistics?

Turn it off, then over SSH delete traffic.db:

Code:
rm /jffs/traffic.db

Thanks for the ultra fast response. Asus should make a press release "we have a patch". 66_4 has run 8 hours on my RT-AC68U with good performance and stability on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Bravo, bravo!!

Thanks for the ultra fast response. Asus should make a press release "we have a patch". 66_4 has run 8 hours on my RT-AC68U with good performance and stability on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Bravo, bravo!!

Asus isn't really concerned, as this security fix is for Samba 3.5.x or newer, and they are on 3.0.xx.

Suggest you hard reset your router and re-configure from scratch. if this was not done. If it was, revert to your last stable working fw and conduct all your testing again. Had all types of anomalies, hard reset did the trick to resolve.

Thanks, I'll do that later, and report back.

When you change that, Asuswrt restarts the whole network stack, which can take quite a while to come back. Not the best way to handle this, Asus did it this way to ensure that any new lease gets reassigned. I've taken a look at it a while ago, and the alternative didn't appeal any better to me, so I left it as it is for now.

Sadly the wlan and vpn still didn't come back after 8 hours of waiting so I had to reboot the router with power off =/

Still no joy.

Perhaps you have the same problem like us? :)
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/issues/1364

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!