What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am trying to change channel on my 5GHz connection but it keeps jumping back to AUTO (Current Control Channel: 36) and sometimes it also enables Auto select channel including DFS channels...
Anyone knows how to fix this?

RT-AC66U
380.66_4

UI stopped working after some time. I upgraded from 380.66_4 to 380.66_6 may be an hour ago. Including manual power cycle.
First everything worked ok. But after 20-30 minutes routers homepage stopped responding. Now I cannot open routers interface neither through 192.168.1.1 nor using asus iOS application.

Merlin, bigeyes, & lonelycoder (& too many others to list)... you guys are the boss!

Thanks to your hard work (and my hours of reading), I was able to get my old n66u running 66_6, ovpn server, ab-solution, and dnscrypt working smoothly (to my n00b eyes anyways... lots to learn from snb). I also did notice going from 66_4 to 66_6, WPS got switched on by default. Scan showed open 443, but I think that's expected when you're running a vpn server on 443 (testing by disabling the server did close the port).

Anyhow, beverage money coming to the 3 of you soon... THANKS!!!

Kevin

Hi Merlin and all,

I picked up the GT-AC5300 router today and saw that there was a firmware for the AC5300. Does anyone know if it would be compatible?

Thanks,

J

I am trying to change channel on my 5GHz connection but it keeps jumping back to AUTO (Current Control Channel: 36) and sometimes it also enables Auto select channel including DFS channels...
Anyone knows how to fix this?

RT-AC66U
380.66_4

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading? I know a few wifi NVRAM settings changed in the GPL. I had a few settings like WPS resetting themselves after upgrading from 380.65 to 66.

380.66_6 is now available.

Code:
  - CHANGED: Updated OpenVPN to 2.4.3
  - FIXED: Corrupted firewall rules if enabling SSHD brute-force
           protection and Respond to WAN Ping at the same time
           while in Dual WAN mode.

Uploaded 380.66_6 but now IPv6 doesn't work.
Reverted to 66_4 and works OK again

RT-N66U

If it suddenly stopped working, then chances are your problem is not the NAT loopback, but the DDNS/hostname you are trying to use.
====
Hi Merlin
Simple question, I read a review in Amazon that said your firmware doesn’t support ASUS AC3200? Is this true?
I am thinking in getting one but if your firmware doesn’t support it, I will get something else.
Thank you
Mario

Uploaded 380.66_6 but now IPv6 doesn't work.
Reverted to 66_4 and works OK again

RT-N66U

There's absolutely zero code change related to IPv6 (or even to WAN).

Uploaded 66_6 again this time IPv6 works, thanks for that

Chances are what really fixed it the first time was the reboot you did when you re-flashed the older version.

I seem to have lost the ability to add custom icons has anyone else noticed this.

I haven't done a factory reset yet so that will be next once I get confirmation.
Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue on my N66U (running 380.66_6), and even wiping and going back to factory defaults hasn't resolved the issue. I don't even see the old '+' icon at the bottom right to even choose a custom icon. I honestly forget the last time I went in there to look at these icons, so I have no idea exactly when this started.

Yes it was an issue specific to vortex's port and not merlins.

He patched it before 66_2 was released.

I've been running 380.66_6 for about a week now and I can change and use custom icons. There is no plus sign. It is a button/link under the icon just called "Change".

====
Hi Merlin
Simple question, I read a review in Amazon that said your firmware doesn’t support ASUS AC3200? Is this true?
I am thinking in getting one but if your firmware doesn’t support it, I will get something else.
Thank you
Mario

My AC3200 has run Merlin from the day it came through the door 2 years ago. More than half the Amazon reviews are written by numpties that have never used or seen the product, they have nothing better to do with their time.

I've been running 380.66_6 for about a week now and I can change and use custom icons. There is no plus sign. It is a button/link under the icon just called "Change".
I've got the "Default" and "Change" links below the device in the upper left side, but after clicking on "Change", I can no long select a custom icon (that I made), only the built-in icons on the ASUS router. The last tile used to be a large plus (+) sign, where after clicking on it, you could browse your local computer for a custom icon to be used.

If you look at the attached screenshot, the left shot is from an older firmware version where this worked, and the right is a screenshot from Merlin's 380.66_6 (saw the same thing in 380.66_4, FWIW).

M6hTXpw.jpg

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!