What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Thanks. Works great..

Bu what do I have to change to be able to log in via 192.168.0.1 also..
upload_2017-5-14_20-20-23.png

Sorry...don't work
You have to adjust ip to your lan-ip
Or you have some ad-blocking script block your request to router.

Last edited:
Outstanding release!!! Everything works as far as I can tell, and very stable. No error messages in the logs and wireless is solid. Cheers!

Dear all.

Solved it partly. Now the login works both from all computors and phone....when on wifi....Phone on 3G/4G still don't work. Any suggestions?

upload_2017-5-14_20-59-6.png

Ladies and Gents, would you advise an otherwise clumsy Merliner to attempt an update from 380.63-2 to 380.66?

Dear all.

Never mind my last post. I'm stupid....forgot to enable "Remote Connection" in the APP. All works now. Sorry for fuzz..

• SSL certificates generated for HTTPS access to the webui will now contain valid SANs, preventing some of the security complains generated by browsers. The SANs will include the router's IP, the generic built-in router.asus.com name, as well as your DDNS name (if a valid one can be determined)
Because of the security complains in my browser I have been using self-signed certificates for my router.

How can I try/test these new SSL certificated instead?

I am having issues using AiCloud on the newest firmware.

On the newest firmware, I can't connect to my AiCloud locally or remotely, on a computer or using the app on my phone. When I revert to the previous firmware, AC66U_380.65_4, it instantly starts working again.

I have fully wiped and reloaded the firmware but I can not get AiCloud working until I revert firmware. My web interface authentication method is set to HTTP and enable web access from WAN is disabled.

I appreciate any assistance.

@RMerlinI have found so far (I didn't have enough time yet to test it) that I cannot set timezone... if I put Buenos Aires for example, after applying it, it switches back to Santiago...
7976b27a09594b87ab6d49aa8ec418ad.jpg

Sent from SM-G935FD using Tapatalk

Hi guys! I`m using AsusWrt Merlin for a short time and I'm using with smb server and I installed transmission through Entware. My firmware version is 380.65_4 and I'm receiving alert to update to last version. Is recommended update? I'm afraid to lost my settings and Transmission, 'cause everything is running fine.

Hi guys! I`m using AsusWrt Merlin for a short time and I'm using with smb server and I installed transmission through Entware. My firmware version is 380.65_4 and I'm receiving alert to update to last version. Is recommended update? I'm afraid to lost my settings and Transmission, 'cause everything is running fine.

The new code does introduce enhancements and security fixes. Really depends on your application of use, I would keep a copy of your configuration but thus far many had good success upgrading to the new version. No issues on my end outside that WPS re-enables so just disable it again.

Newish-bie question: I tried to download the 380.66 update for AC1900, but when I clicked on the RT-AC1900 folder the only file I can see is "Use the RT-AC68U firmware.txt". I tried both the mediafire site and the sourceforge mirror.

Where can I find the zip for AC1900? Apolgoies if I miss something trivial.

@RMerlinI have found so far (I didn't have enough time yet to test it) that I cannot set timezone... if I put Buenos Aires for example, after applying it, it switches back to Santiago...
7976b27a09594b87ab6d49aa8ec418ad.jpg

Did you try to change the ntp server and the DST time zone? I had that problem and solved it this way!

Thank you @RMerlin ! Everything's running nice and smooth here without any problems. I appreciate all of your hard work and dedication to your firmware. :)

Is there a way to disable "SIP ALG" on the latest firmware? Disabling "SIP Passthrough" does not work as the router prevents any SIP session from getting through.

This plugin is integrated into OpenVPN 2.3.9 so I assume its in the latest version 2.4.2.
https://github.com/ValdikSS/openvpn-fix-dns-leak-plugin

Is there a setting in Merlin to ensure it's turned on? Thank you.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available for all supported models. This version merges Asus's GPL 380_7378, and includes various fixes and enhancements.

The highlight:

• Merged with Asus's GPL 3.0.0.4.380_7378. This includes security fixes, and allows to define an allowed source IP when defining a port forward rule. Also, some models gained Airtime Fairness support, which might cause issues with some wireless clients. If it does, I recommend disabling it.
  • New Policy Rules mode for OpenVPN clients called "Policy Rules (strict)". In this mode, the OpenVPN client routing table will only contain rules specific to its tunnel, which will reduce the chances of leaks, or conflict with other simultaneous tunnels. I recommend using this mode, unless you have a special setup that requires manual static routes to work with your tunnelled clients.
  • New option to disable the constant DNS-based Internet connectivity test. The option is within Tools -> Other Settings, in the Tweaks section.
  • You can now disable the use of a DH with OpenVPN, by entering "none" in the DH cert field.
  • Numerous enhancements to the ovpn OpenVPN config import procedure, adding support for "reneg-sec" and "port", multi-parameters "remote", dealing with cipher/digests entered in lower-case, and better feedback during the procedure.
  • Updated components: OpenVPN (2.4.2), LZ4 (1.7.5), Tor (0.2.9.10) and nano (2.8.1).
  • SSL certificates generated for HTTPS access to the webui will now contain valid SANs, preventing some of the security complains generated by browsers. The SANs will include the router's IP, the generic built-in router.asus.com name, as well as your DDNS name (if a valid one can be determined)
  • Improvements to the UPNP daemon, might help various UPNP applications such as game consoles and DLNA servers.
  • Disabled multicast_snooping on the LAN bridge, which could cause conflicts with EMF, DLNA, and other multicast-based applications. If for some reason this created new issues, you can re-enable it under Tools -> Other Settings, in the Tweaks section.
  • OpenVPN fixes: fully disable Cipher Negotiation (NCP) if you do so on the webui, fixed server running in an IPv4/IPv6 setup with udp.
  • Applied fix to the kernel against CVE-2016-10229 (unsure if kernel was actually vulnerable, but the fix is there nonetheless)
  • Various other fixes
  • Freshly repainted website :)

Note that you can no longer edit existing Port Forward rules, as the edit code is incompatible with Asus's new version of that page. This feature might make it back in a future release once it gets re-designed to work with the new code. For now, you will have to remove and re-add any foward you wish to change, like in the stock firmware.

Please consult the changelog for the complete list of changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Did you try to change the ntp server and the DST time zone? I had that problem and solved it this way!
How do you change DST?
I tried changing the server to ar.pool.ntp.org, but keeps switching back to Santiago if I select Buenos Aires...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!