What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think this 380.66 might be the cause for my chromecast audios going haywire. They appear and disappear randomly. I just downgraded to 380.65_4 and everything seems normal again.

As posted in the Changelog, disable Airtime Fairness.

I fixed the MIPS AiCloud issue, and also a separate timing issue that could prevent both AiCloud and httpd (with SSL enabled) to start. I suspect that last issue could happen to all models, but it was far more likely to happen on the slower N66/AC66, where key generation could sometime take 10-12 seconds to complete.

Gonna sit on it for a bit to see if any other issue appear before releasing a _2 update.

Added new Internet redirection mode to OpenVPN clients
called "Policy Rule (Strict)". The difference from the
existing "Policy Rule" mode is that in strict mode,
only rules that specifically target the tunnel's
interface will be used. This ensures that you don't
leak traffic through global or other tunnel routes,
however it also means any static route you might have
defined at the WAN level will not be copied either.

Where is this mode configured?

Added new Internet redirection mode to OpenVPN clients
called "Policy Rule (Strict)". The difference from the
existing "Policy Rule" mode is that in strict mode,
only rules that specifically target the tunnel's
interface will be used. This ensures that you don't
leak traffic through global or other tunnel routes,
however it also means any static route you might have
defined at the WAN level will not be copied either.

Where is this mode configured?
Code:
VPN  => OpenVPN Clients => Advanced Settings => Accept DNS ConfigurationAccept

Give this a try (3 posts, starting with.....)
Thanks for the recommendation.

Amazingly, the suggestion to uncheck all of the boxes, including "Automatically detect setting," which ASUS, my ISP, and Microsoft do not advocate unchecking, fixed the issue!

Any help with this?
Code:
May 14 10:24:35 syslog: Detect [192.168.1.20] abnormal logins many times, system will block this IP 5 minutes
I log in correctly via SSH several times in a row and receive a blockade. Can I somehow turn it off?

Last edited:
Any help with this?
Code:
May 14 10:24:35 syslog: Detect [192.168.1.20] abnormal logins many times, system will block this IP 5 minutes
I log in correctly several times in a row and receive a blockade. Can I somehow turn it off?

There is two place depend what you are using:
Administration => System => SSH Daemon => Enable SSH Brute Force Protection => OFF
Firewall => General => Enable DoS protection => OFF

Last edited:
My Brother wifi printer is continuously online, there is no sleep mode anymore...

Thanks for the recommendation. I had mine set to automatically detect settings. I unchecked it. What was strange is my iPad also had issues getting Internet. But my router still had a valid WAN IP from the ISP and my VPN tunnel was running. So my internet appeared to be working. I will monitor to see what happens and report back in the forum with an update.

I can understand it, Merlin. About performance NFS is far superior to SMB, but I can understand your point: it seems that most of the people are not using it.

On my side I have taught my daughters how to restart the router when I'm not at home.
What I don't like is that I have to share root password with them! ;-)

Thank for your great work!

P.S.
It seems to me (but I'm not sure) that the problem is that the NFS daemon is started too early, when the hard disks are not ready yet.
It's just a supposition, but for example this was the problem that I was having with Raspberry.

I haven't touched the NFS code in years. I know it's buggy, and it's something I simply don't have the time nor the motivation to look into these days. For instance, it can cause a kernel panic on the older MIPS kernel, and I couldn't track down the cause at the time.

I only leave the feature there because there are a few persons who still use it despite that.

Is the error message still present after rebooting?
I get the yellow triangle with explanation mark (I think that is what it is) on the wifi radio indicator. When I right click on the wifi indicator and choose troubleshooting, I get the error message. The yellow triangle with explanation mark goes away after rebooting.

There is two place depend what you are using:
Administration => System => SSH Daemon => Enable SSH Brute Force Protection => OFF
Firewall => General => Enable DoS protection => OFF
I've disabled both options before and the block after five logins still appears.

Any help with this?
Code:
I log in correctly several times in a row and receive a blockade. Can I somehow turn it off?
Are you logging into the router's web gui, ssh session or telnet?

After 1 Day i can't connect to the 5 GHz WLAN on my ac87u. My iOS Device asking for an Password and the Router doesn't accept the Password. After an reboot is was ok. Now I've seen that the WPS is enabled, i have deactivate it and the 5GHz WLAN Problem was back.
Now i'm back on the Last Release before 380.66.

I've disabled both options before and the block after five logins still appears.

It's a new feature Asus added to the firmware in 380_7378, and so far there are no option to disable it.

After 1 Day i can't connect to the 5 GHz WLAN on my ac87u. My iOS Device asking for an Password and the Router doesn't accept the Password. After an reboot is was ok. Now I've seen that the WPS is enabled, i have deactivate it and the 5GHz WLAN Problem was back.
Now i'm back on the Last Release before 380.66.

The Quantenna 5 GHz driver has been unchanged for over a year. 380.66 is not the cause ofy our problem.

My Brother wifi printer is continuously online, there is no sleep mode anymore...

Read the thread and the change log dude before doing firmware updates.

Note:
* If you are experiencing new wifi stability
issues, try disabling Airtime Fairness on
the Wireless -> Professional page (on all
bands).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!