What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AC-88U 380.66
with this release I get OpenVPN client (PIA) disconnect overnight with error authentication error
Only suspicious line what I can find in log is:
Code:
May 15 04:16:46 openvpn[21486]: SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

I had not such issue on previous betas - only now and then disconnect but without any error.

Everything else - rock solid.

AC-88U 380.66
with this release I get OpenVPN client (PIA) disconnect overnight with error authentication error
Only suspicious line what I can find in log is:
Code:
May 15 04:16:46 openvpn[21486]: SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

I had not such issue on previous betas - only now and then disconnect but without any error.

Everything else - rock solid.

Seems to be either a compatibility issue or a new bug in 2.4. Adding this to the Custom settings seem to help, but it doesn't always work:

Code:
auth-retry nointeract

i just want to tell you thanks for your efforts , but i have found that in this release smart connect is not working properly by that i mean it does not steer at all and also it doesn't change the bands at all , it was working properly in 380.65_4 . Thanks

I have just noticed that I can no longer log into the router using the asus app on my phone. Each time I try it says its the wrong password and then after 5 tries it locks me out.

Remove your certificates, I assume the firmware should take care of generating new ones after that.
Indeed. Thanks!

Unfortunately Firefox still complains about the certificates generated by this firmware, so I guess I'll stick to my self-signed ones instead.

I have just noticed that I can no longer log into the router using the asus app on my phone. Each time I try it says its the wrong password and then after 5 tries it locks me out.

The app works fine for me are you using the latest version?

1.0.0.2.70?

has anyone had issues remotely connecting to the web interface remotely using HTTPS. i have a 3100 and every time i try to login remotely the login page loads and lets me login but once i go-to any other page it kills the page then makes it not accessible remotely . from with in my LAN everything works fine same browser and same pc. im using the most recent version. I have not done a factory reset yet wanted to ask if there was a known option that could be causing issues

Same here - go into app advanced settings and 'unlink' the router (bottom of list in red), then close the app down, restart app and re-link found (your) router, re-enter your user : password, should link up and work again.

Hi, after last update (380.66) RT-AC88U does not display correctly state of ethernet ports, exactly half of them. Connected devices in all ports work properly. How can fix this? Thanks
88ac_ports.PNG

Thanks Merlin for always bringing us the latest for our Asus routers.
Unfortunately, something has happened with this version as my AC-3200 router doesn't port forward any longer. Same config as the last 5-6 version of your FW. This is the time this happens.
Any idea what could be wrong? I can reach my device via my IP address.

Indeed. Thanks!

Unfortunately Firefox still complains about the certificates generated by this firmware, so I guess I'll stick to my self-signed ones instead.

It will always complain if the CA isn't a recognized one - not much I can do about that part.

The app works fine for me are you using the latest version?
1.0.0.2.70?
Yes I am.
Same here - go into app advanced settings and 'unlink' the router (bottom of list in red), then close the app down, restart app and re-link found (your) router, re-enter your user : password, should link up and work again.
I tried that and got the same result. I even tried clearing the cache and data for the app and still got the same error. Once I rebooted my phone and reentered my information it connected.

Last edited:
Anyone could check aicloud? i cant get it to work on ac66u

i activate it but when i try to connect chrome and ie said same, router reject connection

is not a ddns problem, i can go into config using ddns:8443

Yes I am.

I tried that and got the same result. I even tried clearing the cache and data for the app and still got the same error. Once I rebooted my phone and reentered my information it connected.

I'm having a similar problem with the ASUS app. It fails to connect whenever I open it. If I retry a few times, then it works.

Rt-ac88u refresh 380.66, use a period of time, the external network speed will be reduced a lot. 100Mbps only 20-30mbps. The firmware has been manually restored

Hi, after last update (380.66) RT-AC88U does not display correctly state of ethernet ports, exactly half of them. Connected devices in all ports work properly. How can fix this? Thanks
View attachment 9352
Mine is okay. Try a power cycle. If that does no work, you may need to do a factory reset and reenter configs. Or, use the nvram backup and restore utility.

This makes no sense, but upon upgrading RT-AC68u from ...65_4 to ...66, suddenly am able to cut-and-paste large files (greater than 120megabytes) properly through the USB port to a big old two-terabyte NTFS-formatted hard disk, over a WiFi/Samba connection (no media server or DLNA functions) from a Windows 10 client. For the last few months this was basically impossibly slow after the first couple dozen megabytes of writing, even with a wired connection to the router, let alone WiFi. Did not save and re-setup settings for the upgrade, just upgraded and rebooted.

Probably a coincidence. But at least can say the new version hasn't hurt Samba any.

I just uploaded 380.66_2, which fixes the non-working AiCloud on the RT-N66U and RT-AC66U, and fixes a random failure to start either AiCloud or httpds on all platforms (the issue was more common on slower MIPS models tho).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!