What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That is the issue I had.

I've been running 380.66_6 for about a week now and I can change and use custom icons. There is no plus sign. It is a button/link under the icon just called "Change".
It's probably a browser specific, try a different browser. It's there in .67B2 for 68U/P. Here's mine from Edge.
icon.jpg

My AC3200 has run Merlin from the day it came through the door 2 years ago. More than half the Amazon reviews are written by numpties that have never used or seen the product, they have nothing better to do with their time.
========
Thank you for your reply
When I download the AC3200 firmware, the file reads ac3100, are both the same build?
Thank you

Thank you for your reply
I had the AC3100 a while back, I switched browsers and now I have the right version.
Thanks

It's probably a browser specific, try a different browser. It's there in .67B2 for 68U/P. Here's mine from Edge.
View attachment 9711
I have tried the latest versions of four different browsers - Firefox, Chrome, IE11, and Edge - and still do not see the '+' sign in the last panel, nor do I see the custom icons that I previously used. If I look at the actual HTML code, it does appear to be correct.

I've tried clearing the NVRAM, a factory reset, formatting JFFS (from the Admin page), and loading a previous firmware (380.66 base), and nothing has worked. I'm not sure what else to try at this point, and have probably wasted more time that I care to admit for this 'nice to have' feature.

I have tried the latest versions of four different browsers - Firefox, Chrome, IE11, and Edge - and still do not see the '+' sign in the last panel, nor do I see the custom icons that I previously used. If I look at the actual HTML code, it does appear to be correct.

I've tried clearing the NVRAM, a factory reset, formatting JFFS (from the Admin page), and loading a previous firmware (380.66 base), and nothing has worked. I'm not sure what else to try at this point, and have probably wasted more time that I care to admit for this 'nice to have' feature.
Not much I can recommend but maybe try to delete your browser caches.

Hi,

I'm trying to set up IPV6 and from System Log->IPV6, every fields are filled up including the list of clients, except the "WAN IPv6 Gateway". It's blank. Any idea on how to resolve this?

First of all who is your provider and how do they provide IPv6?

The router would generally pull this information from the ISP.

My Provider uses DHCP-PD

The one device at the bottom that is on the network shows an unknown host game because it uses a static IP address. It will only show the name when the client is using DHCP.

Last edited:
I've got the "Default" and "Change" links below the device in the upper left side, but after clicking on "Change", I can no long select a custom icon (that I made), only the built-in icons on the ASUS router. The last tile used to be a large plus (+) sign, where after clicking on it, you could browse your local computer for a custom icon to be used.

If you look at the attached screenshot, the left shot is from an older firmware version where this worked, and the right is a screenshot from Merlin's 380.66_6 (saw the same thing in 380.66_4, FWIW).

M6hTXpw.jpg
Played around with this some more this afternoon. I did another factory reset, and then loaded the latest ASUS firmware v3.0.0.4.380.7378 (RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_380_7378-g7a25649.trx). After logging into the admin GUI, I could once again see the '+' icon, and apply a custom icon to the devices, and they would stick through router reboots. I then upgraded to Merlin's 380.66_6, rebooted, and am back where I was before - no '+' icon, and no custom client icons. I know it's a relatively useless feature, but it's driving me nuts. If ASUS had the nighthawk feature allowing me to turn off the LEDs, I'd probably just switch back to it.

Played around with this some more this afternoon. I did another factory reset, and then loaded the latest ASUS firmware v3.0.0.4.380.7378 (RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_380_7378-g7a25649.trx). After logging into the admin GUI, I could once again see the '+' icon, and apply a custom icon to the devices, and they would stick through router reboots

For some reason, Asus keeps enabling/disabling that feature on certain models between firmware releases. I just sync up my target.mak build profile with them, so they probably removed it for the RT-N66U in 7743, and that's why it also got removed from my builds. I suspect in the RT-N66U case it might be because it has limited jffs space, as compared to every other models that I support.

Ever since May 31, the day my AC88U locked up and I needed to hard boot it, the traffic analyzer page has been treating downloaded traffic as both downloaded and uploaded traffic. For example if I download 5 GB and upload 5 GB, the received traffic will show as 5 GB, but the uploaded will show as 10 GB. Since I use the analyzer to estimate traffic, the fact that it's doubling most traffic makes it useless.

Is there some way to fix this?

Works fine for me on AC3100 @ 380.66_4. I however turn NAT acceleration off

eEp5KSG.png

Dual WAN hasn't worked for me since I upgraded to 66_alpha4 from the 56_ release. The DSL modem attached to the backup port LAN1 continues to function for a laptop connected to the modem, and Merlin reports when I disconnect the LAN1 ethernet cable from the DSL modem. So it appears that Merlin no longer completes the DHCP transaction with LAN1 devices.

Dual WAN is broken it seems. I upgraded AC68U from 380.65_4 to 380.66_6 and the failover doesn't work at all. When I manually swap the connections between primary and secondary WAN, the previous primary still works as main, despite being secondary now. Only full reboot helps to fix the order.

I've upgraded my 1900P (AC68U) from 380.65_2 to 380.66_6 last night. I only did hard reboot as recommend without factory restoring. Everything seems to be in order so far. I had to disable WPS (on by default) as previously posted.

Thank you again Merlin for all your hard work :)

updated my AC66U today, after the reboot all of my settings were gone (no, I didn´t perform a factory reset). Not sure what happend.

I was lucky and found a old nvram-backup ...

Last edited:
Last edited:
After flashing and setting up from scratch 380.66_6 on my RT-AC68U I wanna reinstall Entware on it.
I have used Entware for many years now, and I can't remember what version I have on my router.
Now I need a clue Entware included in RMerlin firmware is the same as the Entware-NG?
I'm not sure what is the best option here, to use Merlin's version or NG?

Last edited:
After flashing and setting up from scratch 380.66_6 on my RT-AC68U I wanna reinstall Entware on it.
I have used Entware for many years now, and I can't remember what version I have on my router.
Now I need a clue Entware included in RMerlin firmware is the same as the Entware-NG?
I'm not sure what is the best option here, to use Merlin's version or NG?
Install AB-Solution. It will install Entware as well, very easily. :)
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-ab-solution-3-8-the-ad-blocking-solution-3-8-1.37511/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!