What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try changing the DHCP frequency on the WAN page. I'm not aware of any WAN DHCP-related issues in 380.67.

I just checked, my DHCP frequency setting is currently set to "Aggressive". I tried it also with the only other setting, which is " Normal", same issue?? The issue only seems to occur whenever my ISP has changed my IP and I reboot my main Rogers box. The wifi router looses it's WAN configuration. When I re-enter the configuration the router is good again until the next change. One of the other forum readers had the same issue. Strange, any other ideas?

Last edited:
The OpenVPN poll interval seems to cap at 60 minutes. Tried 2 and 30 minutes, working as intended. Tried 90, 120 and 1440 minutes, each resulted in hourly polling.
Is this intentional? If so, perhaps the router should disallow inputs above 60 to make it clear to the user.

The OpenVPN poll interval seems to cap at 60 minutes. Tried 2 and 30 minutes, working as intended. Tried 90, 120 and 1440 minutes, each resulted in hourly polling.
Is this intentional? If so, perhaps the router should disallow inputs above 60 to make it clear to the user.

Sounds like a limitation of cron, which won't accept values larger than 60 mins when establishing a frequency. I'll limit the webui field to 60 to avoid any unexpected results.

@RMerlin

Below is the order of events, causing my ISP / DHCP issue with v380.67, this never happened with v380.66;

-> cycle power to my Rogers Hitron cable modem

-> the Rogers Hitron cable modem reboots and is assigned a new IP address by the ISP

-> On the Assus RT-N66U, under "Internet Status", the following is displayed, "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly" and I do not have internet access

-> when I select the error message hyperlink, it guides me through a re-configuration of the wireless network

-> once the wireless network is re-configured, I get the "Connected" message under "Internet Status" and internet access is working again

-> everything works fine, until the next power cycle of the Rogers Hitron cable modem (if the ISP assigns the Rogers modem a new IP, I need to do the same steps as shown above, if no new IP is assigned I do not get the error and everything works fine)

Like I mentioned, this issue started happening immediately after upgrading from v380.66 to v380.67.

I hope the information above gives you some ideas as to what might be going on. Do you have any further suggestions I could test?

I'm using Rogers on a Hitron CGN3ACSMR on the 250/20 and don't have any issues with this firmware.

I'm using Rogers on a Hitron CGN3ACSMR on the 250/20 and don't have any issues with this firmware.

I have the same Roger's Hitron modem. The issue only happens when the ISP sends out a new IP to my modem, after a reboot of the Hitron modem. Did you try that? If that works, then maybe I need to do a "fresh" install of 380.67, since I did an update from 380.66 to 380.67. Do you think this might be the issue?

I have the same Roger's Hitron modem. The issue only happens when the ISP sends out a new IP to my modem, after a reboot of the Hitron modem. Did you try that? If that works, then maybe I need to do a "fresh" install of 380.67, since I did an update from 380.66 to 380.67. Do you think this might be the issue?

Rebooting the hitron modem does not give me a new IP address. That only happens if I change the MAC address. I won't be doing that now as I have 33 days up time on this firmware and everything is working fine for me. I would try a fresh install of it and check it again. Backup your configuration also just incase.

14 days in a row ... running smooth!

Thanks again, Merlin! :)

Rebooting the hitron modem does not give me a new IP address. That only happens if I change the MAC address. I won't be doing that now as I have 33 days up time on this firmware and everything is working fine for me. I would try a fresh install of it and check it again. Backup your configuration also just incase.

@Makaveli That is probably why you are not seeing an issue. I have a Dynamic IP address, every once in a while Rogers assigns me a new IP address. Whenever this happens I get the issue.

@RMerlin Why would just running through a Wireless re-configuration fix the issue?

@Makaveli That is probably why you are not seeing an issue. I have a Dynamic IP address, every once in a while Rogers assigns me a new IP address. Whenever this happens I get the issue.

@RMerlin Why would just running through a Wireless re-configuration fix the issue?

Were on the same Docsis network.

My IP address is also Dynamic last I checked rogers doesn't offer static IP's on their consumer plans.

Unless you are using a business plan?

Also did you try a clean install as suggested before?

Last edited:
I just noticed using the limiter to limit my wifi to 15mbit is peging my cpu usage at 75-99 % this dont seem right and resulit seem to be slow other things down too. this dont seem right that lot of cpu usage just to limit speeds to 15mbit CTF is on

Only thing i ever seen peg the cpu at 100% or any where near it was to enabled traditional QOS even then it only happened when the threw put 100+mbits

When i original setup this FW i remembered do test to see if 15 limit was working and it was it was also no where near that much cpu usage then either.

This is also happen on the 1 client that kinda ignores 15mbit limit and actual does 15-18mbit, almost all other wifi client limit to exactly 15mbit and this probably the 1 client i didnt check cpu usage on when downloading at full speed, all the other clients i did and cpu use was most diffently NOT 70-99% on them when testing that limiter worked. Device in question is a Hopper 3

gona do more testing during the week, when people are at work

Last edited:
Any ideas why AICLoud won't start and return a Connection refused error on any SSL port I configure for it. I've just tried the new firmware (beta) no difference....

there is nothing in the logs anything else I can check to troubleshoot?

I didnt update to 380.38 yet, but i just noticed WIFI just doing 100mbit is pushing 100mbit is usesing 60~85% or more cpu usage, on the 1 device not limited, they other device are all limited to 15/15 and cpu load will be 65-85% or more with those actual limited, that is with just 1 device downloading ,Mean while wired uses 65% for 200mbit those cpu load for wifi cant be right? been using the limiter for better part of last year, and i dont remeber wifi use that much cpu?

when I had 100mbit with CTF on wired router roughly used 35% cpu, i would think wifi at 100mbit would use same cpu and it at 15mbit it would use even less.

CTF is on too, or am i just not remeber correctly?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!