What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i wouldnt know what temp my cpu is I know my router only shows 2.4ghz (57c) and 5ghz (63c) which what they normally are so far it been 2 days since i changes my dhcp lease to 7 days to to match my 7 day reboot cycle, as far as i can tell there isnt any drops happening

Your AC66U has normal temps even on stock cooling. On other hand, AC87 model is notorious with overheating. So, I was wondering if Andyf66's AC87 router instability can be attributed to high temperatures.

My AC87 has lower temps due to active cooling and I did not mingle with DHCP lease time but still it's pretty stable on latest 380.67 firmware.

My Ac87U normally sits at a CPU temp of 75C or so, never much higher. Radios normally at 10 or 15 less than that.

Since downgrading from 66_6 to 66_4 I've not seen a single wireless drop in three days. I was seeing many per day on .66_6 and .67

I set my dhcp lease to 7 day cause when wifi did drop, no device could get ip address, so my latest theory on why that was happen is the client was trying to get a new ip and router was bugging and not releasing and renewing the lease. the one device I have connected to wifi (ps4) is less then 3 feet from it, so signal is not issue on that and i was noticing the drops on that.

So if the drops start again, i gona assume it not dhcp issue and something else causing. even if that is not the issue I will probably keep the lease at 7 days so all wireless device keep the same ip, within each weekly reboot cycle i have.

But so far since i did this Friday i not seen an drop

This build seems very solid to me, no operational issues, but Traffic Manager just stopped working yesterday out of the blue, after working perfectly for 4 days. -Stach

upload_2017-8-8_7-37-35.png

I have the ASUS AC66R with their f/w: 3.0.0.4.380.7743 (2017/06/26). Does is make sense to move to the current version of Merlin or stay put?

Thanks in advance.

Since I've upgraded to 380.67 on my RT-N66U my AICloud will not work any more. I use Comodo SSL certs and I was really pleased with the new Certificate saving feature i.e. saving them in /jffs/ssl/. and it works a treat with the router's UI. why AICloud no longer runs and listens on it's TLS port I don't know. I just get connection refused.

Capture.PNG

SSH stopped working as well
Capture2.PNG

just tried to connect using SFTP

Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server
Error: Could not connect to server

Ideas anyone?

Last edited:
I have the ASUS AC66R with their f/w: 3.0.0.4.380.7743 (2017/06/26). Does is make sense to move to the current version of Merlin or stay put?

Thanks in advance.

Asuswrt-Merlin will give you a great amount of additional features. As @RMerlin said, it's entirely up to you, but if I were you, I would get to know my router first as it is (especially if you're not familiar with custom firmware), see if it suits your needs. If it doesn't, or if you want to know the difference, I would advise you to stay put until 380.68 (final) is released, which is currently in alpha stage. There are lots of changes between 380.67 and 380.68 (as I've found out the hard way, ehrm :rolleyes:) and I think it would make more sense to start with 380.68 when it's ready (as in final), unless you've already come to the conclusion that the stock firmware lacks features you need or want, then consider installing 380.67 for the time being. Anyway, enjoy your new router and welcome!

Asuswrt-Merlin will give you a great amount of additional features. As @RMerlin said, it's entirely up to you, but if I were you, I would get to know my router first as it is (especially if you're not familiar with custom firmware), see if it suits your needs. If it doesn't, or if you want to know the difference, I would advise you to stay put until 380.68 (final) is released, which is currently in alpha stage. There are lots of changes between 380.67 and 380.68 (as I've found out the hard way, ehrm :rolleyes:) and I think it would make more sense to start with 380.68 when it's ready (as in final), unless you've already come to the conclusion that the stock firmware lacks features you need or want, then consider installing 380.67 for the time being. Anyway, enjoy your new router and welcome!

Well, it's not new as I've had it for a while and know my way around pretty well but there are many features I don't use/need. I do like some of the features in Merlin however. Sounds like the thing to do is wait for 380.68. How long before it's finished?

Last edited:
It seems there is a problem with the TLS support in vsftpd. Once I enable the WAN access with TLS support and try to connect with the ftp client (FileZilla) over the WAN port, it fails on LIST command.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Command: PWD

Response: 257 "/" is the current directory

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 Switching to Binary mode.

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (87,120,20,159,117,136).

Command: LIST

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I have check the dropped packet from the syslog and it seems that the SYN packets to establish DATA channel connection to the router on the WAN port are dropped.
Does anyone know how and where to specify the port range for the PASSIVE mode on the router in order to establish the DATA channel or it should be done automatically?

Did anyone try the new feature FTP TLS/FTPS over WAN port introduced in 380.67?
It does not work for me :(

Thanks

Last edited:
just tried to connect using SFTP

Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server
Error: Could not connect to server

Ideas anyone?

Asuswrt-Merlin does not contain an SFTP server. FTP TLS/FTPS is not the same thing as SFTP (as confusing as it might be).

How long before it's finished?

I have no timetable at this point for 380.68, so it will depend on how development progresses. We're probably looking at a few weeks before a final release.

Fixed SFTP.. for some reason openssh-sftp-server package was removed during the upgrade

just ran ipkg install openssh-sftp-server and that resolved the SFTP issue

still don't know why IACloud 2 is not working though

Needed to downgrade from 380.67_0 to 380.66_6 in order to make WiFi work again. This is on a RT-AC3200 in Access Point mode. After installing 380.67_0, clients had problems connecting and when they did, there was usually no internet available to them. Problems went away after downgrading.

Hi. After few days from using TOR under After Firmware: 380.67 on AC88U, now I have no internet after activating TOR. I tried restart with no fix. Please in your cases TOR still working?

Edit: solved after flash again 380.67 + nvram restore from script done with nvram utility and jffs format + jffs restore

Thank you!

Last edited:
I am the only one with problems with the real time Traffic Monitor?
After updating my RT-AC87U from Merlin 380.66.2 to Merlin 380.67, it shows me almost the same upload as download. My WAN line only has 12 Mbit/sec upload, so it can't be real.
Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/yaXxadG.png

I am the only one with problems with the real time Traffic Monitor?
After updating my RT-AC87U from Merlin 380.66.2 to Merlin 380.67, it shows me almost the same upload as download. My WAN line only has 12 Mbit/sec upload, so it can't be real.
Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/yaXxadG.png

Disable NAT acceleration.

On an RT-AC56U the next three items are falsely reported by the router security scan:
  • UPnP service disabled - No
  • Anonymous login to FPT share disabled - No
  • Disable guest login for Network Place Share - No
In reality all 3 items are disabled.

The settings are identical to those on an RT-AC68U which reports "Yes" for all three of them.

Bug in (Asus) 56U firmware?

I updated to version 380.67_0, strange thing though, when my ISP changes my Dynamic IP address, my RT-N66U shows "disconnected" under "internet status". The only way to fix it is to go through the router setup again (choosing the default values).

On the older version I was using ( 380.66_0) this was seamless, the N66U handled the Dynamic IP switch, without needing any manual intervention.

Is there a new parameter that I need to change?

@RMerlin Is this an issue? If so, what is the fix?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!