What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That doesn't mean the server address and port you entered on your router supports both protocols, their Windows client probably automatically change that for you. Most providers require you to enter a different server and/or port if you want to switch protocol.
Hi: You are right sorry for my wrong post.!!
Inspecting config files i found nordvpn uses in fact the same server for udp and tcp but it changes tcp port to 443!!! and i have other vpn server (sstp) so i can not get connection.
Advice for everyone NORDVPN TCP IS port 443. (i can understand why they do it they want to avoid firewalls...!!!) but they should tell everybody about this.
I tested and it works sorry for the mess and thank you very much
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
What router models are the Moviestar users having? I'd like to create a test build or two to confirm that fixing Quagga takes care of the problem.

First of all thanks for Asuswrt-merlin
Spanish user with Movistar and rt-ac3200 (second handed form USA-ebay), working perfect with 384.9.
(Not tried 384.10 due to the problem with Movistar)

I have downloaded your source code (384.9 and 384.10 releases and there is no changes in quagga and zebra), could you please give some information about the error and the solution with movistar (routes or other)?
Thankyou very much

Just recently noticed this message in my router log. I assume it is not of any concern? ERP: The model isn't under EU SKU!

IKEv2 issue in RT-AC5300

VPN Server IPSec IKEv2 does not work for my since I upgraded to 384.10. My clients are iOS devices (iPhones and iPads). With prior version 384.9 all work perfectly. My custom scripts are same from here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-ipsec-vpn-server.44973/#post-473984

Downgrading to 384.9 makes IKEv2 works again.

My IKEv2 VPN server works after dirty upgrade from 384.9 to 384.10. I realize this will not solve your problem, but is meant to indicate there is nothing inherent about 384.10 preventing IKEv2 VPN server from working.

hello,

Is there the possibility with the dual wan to do dual redirection and assign ports to this or that wan?
Thank you

USB 3.0 uses a lot of CPU cycles, as you saw first hand. Today's routers have barely enough for Gbps WAN/LAN and LAN/WAN use, even with quad-core 1.8GHz or higher CPU's and 1GB RAM. That is the reason a proper NAS is needed for heavy disk usage over the network.

Does the RT-AC5300 have the option to disable flushing of the RAM in Tools, Other Settings? Would a spare USB drive with a swap file help the next time you needed to transfer a large amount like now? This might be a test scenario that interests you.

The 'fix' of course is to use a proper NAS though. Until we have big Intel 'core' based routers with greater than 4GB of RAM, this will be the general reality when using the USB ports on them.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac86u-smb-tweaking.44729/

The link above may be helpful to you? I don't know if it is applicable to your model directly, but the transfer improvements may leave your network in a stalled state for considerably less time.
Great suggestions, but this was anomalous with this router. In the past, file size transferred runs 3-4 GB max at any one time...

I have downloaded your source code (384.9 and 384.10 releases and there is no changes in quagga and zebra), could you please give some information about the error and the solution with movistar (routes or other)?

Quagga got new build recipes which were incorrectly creating a symlink to a read-only example config, preventing the router from generating its own config file. The change was reverted with https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/1f35105eca3ae851e3d01316586a5c90d1ed7743 .

Just recently noticed this message in my router log. I assume it is not of any concern? ERP: The model isn't under EU SKU!

It means your router isn't set to the EU region, so it won't need to start the power management service specific to that region. This is normal.

Is there the possibility with the dual wan to do dual redirection and assign ports to this or that wan?

It has been a while since I played with Dual-WAN.

However, here are a couple of methods/solutions that I have used in the past.

See if ASUS WAN Setup - Dual or other config addresses your LAN device requirements, by creating WAN affinity for your LAN devices, which obviously defeats any dynamic Dual-WAN Load-balancing.

If it doesn't meet your requirements, then a bit of patching/hacking may be required
Dual-WAN selective VPN routing

For Ports it's a little bit more involved, but the techniques used in the Selective Routing thread(s) e.g. Selective Routing for Netflix can be used to selectively route your desired ports between the two Dual-WAN interfaces.

Can you guys provide the exact steps you are taking where you are experiencing problems changing the server's CA? The only scenario I can reproduce here is if you change the CA but do not provide a server certificate and server key, then the router would generate all three of them. This isn't a new issue, and must have been there for a very long time. I just fixed this specific scenario by having the router no longer check the presence of the server key/cert to determine if a CA mus tbe auto-generated. However, I am not experiencing any problem if I change the CA without changing or removing the server key/certs that are currently present (tho a client would fail to connect with that, as the cert must be signed by the same CA).

The only step I took/know to take regarding the CA was to generate new .OVPN files from my VPN provider. This did not seem to make a difference, and I had never had to manually edit anything regarding keys or certs. I figured that's what the convenience of the generated OVPN file was about.

Going to drop back to 348.9 and see if it makes a difference. Not wanting to do a full factory reset, but, if that's what it takes that's what it takes.

If there's any other data or troubleshooting that can be provided, let me know and I'll be glad to assist if at all possible.

Hello, thank you for your answer,

In my case I have 2 websites with 2 wan, they use all 2 port 80 on IP fix different, netgear does it but I have problems with the current router

ip wan1 -> website 1 -> port 80
ip wan2 -> website 2 -> port 80

Thank you

Last edited:
I have trouble upgrading to this version. I downloaded .trx file and tried to upload/update to my AC68U.
After uploading completes, webpage returns to Network Map page but router doesn't reboot to flash.
All mounted USB HDDs disappears.

Not sure what's going wrong. I am still on 384.8_2

I have trouble upgrading to this version. I downloaded .trx file and tried to upload/update to my AC68U.
After uploading completes, webpage returns to Network Map page but router doesn't reboot to flash.
All mounted USB HDDs disappears.

Not sure what's going wrong. I am still on 384.8_2

It is recommended to remove all USB devices before flashing firmware.

@rmerl i want to help you but i can not because of this error
git push
Username for 'https://github.com': vladut123
Password for 'https://vladut123@github.com':
remote: Permission to RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng.git denied to vladut123.
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403 please eric give me your github password and in 3 minutes i forget it okay?
Fork the repo and push your commits there. You can then submit a pull request to Merlin' s repo to review

The only step I took/know to take regarding the CA was to generate new .OVPN files from my VPN provider. This did not seem to make a difference, and I had never had to manually edit anything regarding keys or certs. I figured that's what the convenience of the generated OVPN file was about.

Going to drop back to 348.9 and see if it makes a difference. Not wanting to do a full factory reset, but, if that's what it takes that's what it takes.

If there's any other data or troubleshooting that can be provided, let me know and I'll be glad to assist if at all possible.

Are you talking about Server, or Client? The few reports I saw seemed to mostly mention Server.

My IKEv2 VPN server works after dirty upgrade from 384.9 to 384.10. I realize this will not solve your problem, but is meant to indicate there is nothing inherent about 384.10 preventing IKEv2 VPN server from working.
Does your setup work with iOS devices?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!