What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So you are saying this bug is OK for now until Asus fixes it. Knowing this and using an updated cfg file with my fix IPs should be better than running the old firmware 384.6? Right?

Thanks

Yes! Please read Merlin's reply #163 above your post.

Network map being unreliable won't cause you an issue but using the old firmware certainly will because it has security vulnerabilities.

Going on past experience ASUS could take 18+ months to fix the bug.

Thanks to both of you for comimg back.
I renamed the file to nvramclean.sh and tried what both of you suggested.

Here is the result
View attachment 16707

so not really sure that worked ?
in the case of sh /jffs/scripts/nvramclean.sh
it mentions line 2 and 4 are not found

i do not have any vpn clients set up in instances 2 and 4 so maybe something sort of worked !!

any further guidance greatly appreciated...it must be something simple and i can follow instructions and thinking i cant be far away !!

You did not configure Notepad++ for Linux output. You have carriage returns in your script. (been there done that)

File probably wasn't created with Unix LF chars i.e. Windows Notepad was used as the editor?
Code:
do2unix /jffs/scripts/nvramclean.sh
As mentioned in my first post i copied and pasted from @RMerlin post into Notepad ++

when i try do2unix /jffs/scripts/nvramclean.sh i get this

Capture7.JPG

im assuming thats what you wanted me to do :confused:

please...i am a complete beginner with scripts !!

Please check your spelling "dos2unix"
Martineau have spell it wrong :eek:
dos2unix /jffs/scripts/nvramclean.sh

Hi all! I'm having an issue with my 5ghz after the update. Everything seemed fine after the update, but after a few minutes, the app is sluggish and the 5ghz seems to loose some of its configuration. Has anybody seen this issue?

Attachments

• 5g.png
    5g.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 324
Hello, on my AC86U, it seems that from version RT-AC86U_384.9_0, while connected via LAN as VPN client, speedtest.net shows a drastic loss of speed, from 130/10 Mbit to 15/4 Mbit now in RT-AC86U_384.10_0. Reverted back to 9_0 and the speed is back. Could be the new openvpn version?

Last edited:
No it's not. The networkmap has zero impact on the router's performance. Not going to go 6 months without a release just because some users (not everyone) don't have the complete list of network devices on their LAN shown at all times.

From time to time I use Angry IP Scanner, to look-up my LAN IP address.
If they are up or down.
I hope this will help someone.

Hello,
What's wrong,
anyone who knows?
no problem with 384.8_2

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG
    117.6 KB · Views: 504
About six months ago, I started doing all of my development in Atom editor on Windows 10. I recently installed the packages format-shell and linter-shellcheck that check the shell code syntax and fix all of those nasty end of line character issues before porting over to the router for testing. After seeing the benefits, I wish I would have known about the packages much sooner. I don't have to copy/paste the code to https://www.shellcheck.net/ any longer. I can PM you the instructions on how to install the packages if interested. There are a few hacks you have to do in order to get them working correctly that are not very obvious.

If it's not too much trouble, could you post this as a guide here for all? :)

If it's not too much trouble, could you post this as a guide here for all? :)
I'll go ahead and create the instructions on my blog. Then, create a separate post with a link to the article once done for discussion purposes. I wish I would have stumbled upon it much sooner. Really helps with productivity and code quality.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and create the instructions on my blog. Then, create a separate post once done for discussion purposes. I wish I would have stumbled upon it much sooner. Really helps with productivity and code quality.

Thank you so much for your time and experience! Please don't rush this, but I am looking forward to what I anticipate I'll learn a lot from. :D:)

How critical is it to run the aforementioned NVRAM script? For say something like the RT-AC3100 what would be the threshold of concern?

How critical is it to run the aforementioned NVRAM script? For say something like the RT-AC3100 what would be the threshold of concern?

Which script are you talking about? The one in post 2?

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-asuswrt-merlin-384-10-is-now-available.55742/#post-474399

If it was for a customers router, I run it as a matter of routine (I want to give them the most stable router experience possible).

On my home routers, I may or may not do it immediately, depending on the schedule. But I if I didn't do it, it would be at the top of my mind if any kind of glitch were to suddenly appear. ;)

I hoped I guessed correctly on which script! :)

Not very. That router has 128 KB of nvram, so it's highly unlikely you are anywhere close to filling it up.

It's mostly useful for the RT-AC68U and RT-AC87U, which only have 64 KB of nvram.

Hello, on my AC86U, it seems that from version RT-AC86U_384.9_0, while connected via LAN as VPN client, speedtest.net shows a drastic loss of speed, from 130/10 Mbit to 15/4 Mbit now in RT-AC86U_384.10_0. Reverted back to 9_0 and the speed is back. Could be the new openvpn version?

I had the exact same thing happen, super slow DL after upgrade and no Wi-Fi or at least disconnect every couple minutes. Went back to 384.9 and used stored settings, then a day later tried again and the upgrade from 384.9 to 384.10 went just fine without any issues....go figure...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!