What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi

on my AC68U the IPTV from "Movistar Triple VLAN" has broken in this release.
The tv decoder not loads guide, epg, recordings... It seems like not resolves throught the iptv dns and continually shows an error message.

I'm back to 384.9_0, the family does not allow me more tests. Someone else with this issue?

Thanks.

Same problem here.

Its spanish -> "Con la 384.9 te va perfecto? Que ONT tienes?"

Last edited:
I read Moviestar everywhere, what on Earth is Moviestar? Now have to google it for sure :)

I read Moviestar everywhere, what on Earth is Moviestar? Now have to google it for sure :)
If you were into professional bicycle racing, you would know. :D
/OT

Normally I test the beta's but this time I didn't have enough time to give it a spin.
I do notice some issues with this version compared to the 384.9 version.
I didn't do a complete wipe of all the settings, perhaps that's required?

I have both a RT-AX88U and a RT-AC87U running on the new firmware.
For the RT-AC87U is just a little style issue in the UI at the wireless log. The 5GHz has an extra column for each client while the column header is missing. Probably because you can't extract the stream data for that model where as other models do support this.
I did do a cache wipe in my browser FYI

On my RT-AX88U, the main router in the house, I've more problems. (The 87U just functions as an AP)
IPv6 is pretty much completely broken for me.
I've a PPPoE internet connection with native IPv6 with DHCP-PD. The router retrieves the information from my provider correctly but only for a couple of minutes (3 maybe) IPv6 is made accessible for clients.
The IPv6 log page shows clients with an IPv6 address, but after a while that table is just replaced with: "No IPv6 clients."
While the table with clients is visible it just works, sites like ipv6-test.com pass with flying colours. When "No IPv6 clients." is visible after a minute or 2, no client can access anything anymore. SSH in the router can still ping to IPv6 addresses however.
I suspect it's a dnsmasq issue, since I do use the router advertisement option, so dnsmasq should be handing out the IP's. Also dnsmasq has been updated in this release.

And then 2 little issues:
  • QOS custom priority is still lost after flashing firmware, but restored after restoring a configuration file. Also it's still there after a reboot. This has been an existing issue, perhaps an Asus bug?
  • Not sure the new wifi stability improvements from Asus actually give more stability. It's different, but more stable... dunno.

I do definitely like the changes made overall, especially the QOS integration with FreshJR is amazing.
But especially with the IPv6 it feels like a big setback.
I guess I'll be reverting to 384.9 for now.

Well, they've worked together and when installing the newest @FreshJR's QOS you can get some extra customisation right in the web ui. Amazing :D
Ah ok, I read your post as Merlin's firmware included Fresh's QOS script (hence "integrated"). Your just saying they work work together with the latest firmware update.

Ah ok, I read your post as Merlin's firmware included Fresh's QOS script (hence "integrated"). Your just saying they work work together with the latest firmware update.
I used the word "integration", with which I ment: working together better in harmony and UI.

Hello, thank you for your answer,

In my case I have 2 websites with 2 wan, they use all 2 port 80 on IP fix different, netgear does it but I have problems with the current router (srx5308)

ip wan1 -> website 1 -> port 80
ip wan2 -> website 2 -> port 80

Thank you

no solution ?

Hello, thank you for your answer,

In my case I have 2 websites with 2 wan, they use all 2 port 80 on IP fix different, netgear does it but I have problems with the current router (srx5308)

ip wan1 -> website 1 -> port 80
ip wan2 -> website 2 -> port 80

Thank you

no solution ?

The current router you specify is a Netgear router. This is the Asuswrt-Merlin forum. ;)

Version 384.10_2 is now available. Changes since 384.10:

Code:
  - CHANGED: Increased OpenVPN interface queue length from 100
             to 1000 bytes, to reduce the amount of dropped
             packets if router can't keep up.
  - CHANGED: Updated CA bundle to January 23rd version
  - FIXED: Moviestar VLAN routes weren't properly configured
           (broken quagga configuration)
  - FIXED: Layout issues on the Wireless Log page for some
           models
  - FIXED: Missing tooltip content for the new local DNS
           resolution setting on the Tweak page
  - FIXED: FAQ URL on Bandwidth Monitor points to a non-existing
           page on Asus's servers (point to old page for now)
  - FIXED: OpenVPN CA would be overwritten if there was no
           server key or cert present - only generate them
           if all three are missing.
  - FIXED: Bandwidth Limiter not working properly in some
           cases, as it failed to disable hardware acceleration

Everything works!! THANK YOU SO MUCH :) :) :) :)

I think once I'm done, I will backup everything on this router and write up a How To for Dummies like me detailing Step by Step what needs to be done. You guys are unbelievably amazing. I can't thank this forum enough.

The only left for me to do for now is install SkyNet. I'm trusting nothing will blow up after getting this far. :D
I do mention the importance of placing the router's IP address in the OpenVPN Client "Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel" section in the OpenVPN Client Setup Guide. But not for the reasons mentioned for your use case. I'll update the instructions for the situation you experienced.

384.10-2 so far allworking well on my AC3200 , nothing strange in the logs .
thanks

give me a good example of when we should be using

Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: Yes)

and when we shouldn't (like what specific scripts)

give me a good example of when we should be using

Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: Yes)

and when we shouldn't (like what specific scripts)

People with a WAN set to use both DHCP and VPN (like users of Russia's Beeline ISP) might get improved reconnection reliability without local caching - in theory.

Any script that tries to resolve the hostname of a LAN client wouldn't work if you disable that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!