What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I also upgraded yesterday to 384.13 from 384.13beta1 in my ax88, nothing to report. All running fine.

Thanks again for another solid realease to Merlin and the rest of developers and testers around here!

PS. About temps, I have also been running with the 'pwr config' trick since alpha2 without any apparent problem besides lower temps.

Updated yesterday on my 86U, now devices on my guest network can’t see each other.

Before the update my brother use to be able to cast YouTube videos from his phone to the living room TV which is also on the guest network, now the YouTube app doesn’t show the TV.

The only change was updating to 384.13.

I can´t upload the firmware in my RT-AC87U. I try with firefox, chrome and safari. When try upload the router reboot. Why ?

I can´t upload the firmware in my RT-AC87U. I try with firefox, chrome and safari. When try upload the router reboot. Why ?
If you have a usb stick plugged in eject it and reboot router then try upgrading the router with new firmware. If no usb stick reboot router first then log in and update firmware.

Hi, I also upgraded yesterday to 384.13 from 384.13beta1 in my ax88, nothing to report. All running fine.

Thanks again for another solid realease to Merlin and the rest of developers and testers around here!

PS. About temps, I have also been running with the 'pwr config' trick since alpha2 without any apparent problem besides lower temps.

Re temps.

SSH then:
‘pwr config —cpuwait on’

How do I get this to survive a reboot please?

Last edited:
Another flawless upgrade (dirty) from 384.12.0 to 384.13.0 on my RT-AC5300.
All add-ons per my signature working 100% well.

MANY thanks to @RMerlin, the Alpha/Beta testers and all the add-on coders who together add MASSIVE value to the compatible Asus Routers.
I have already donated more than the cost of the routers I own - but will continue to do so because they are worth more than twice as much as I paid for them in the first place ... now that they are "purring" on Merlin-Magic :D.

I joined this forum just over a year ago when I was about to bin my brand new AC5300 - never looked back since and can't believe the progress made on Merlinware and the add-ons linked to @thelonelycoder 's amtm script - plus of course @FreshJR 's QOS (which has yet to appear in amtm).

{Thumbs-Up} to all.

Can anyone tell me if the network device map is stable in 384.13, as in do devices on the map list keep disappearing and reappearing like they did in earlier firmware versions.

I know it got fixed in 384.11, but I have read something that suggests the minor bug could be back in 384.13?

Can anyone confirm.

Thanks

I did a dirty upgrade from 384.12 on my AC68U and found that the firmware notification would not go away. Checking nvram I found

Code:
webs_state_info=3004_384_13_0

Changing this to

Code:
webs_state_info=384_13_0

solved it.

Last edited:
delete

Last edited:
How can I turn off DNSSEC? it seems to work even if disabled.
Why do you think it is on? If you do one of the DNSSEC web site tests, they just test if the resolver can do DNSSEC not that it is enabled in your router.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if the network device map is stable in 384.13, as in do devices on the map list keep disappearing and reappearing like they did in earlier firmware versions.

I know it got fixed in 384.11, but I have read something that suggests the minor bug could be back in 384.13?

Can anyone confirm.

Thanks
Stable, fixed

My 86U is running as cool as it ever had.
2.4 GHz: 51°C - 5 GHz: 56°C - CPU: 75°C

I had too much trouble with AiMesh, so I went back to a AP. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference to running stock on the AP or, are there any distinct advantages to running Asuswrt-Merlin. Thanks people!!

My 86U is running as cool as it ever had.
2.4 GHz: 51°C - 5 GHz: 56°C - CPU: 75°C
I'm not seeing any significant (to me) temperature increase on mine either. It's running a few degrees warmer, but that could be because that side of the house is the sunny one and/or I havent given it it's monthly shpritz of canned air yet.

Should be in the LAN 1 port.

Reply to:
I just can't get the AC87U to work in AP mode anymore. Same thing with 384.12. After factory reset it works just fine, but when enabling AP mode it looks like WAN port won't wakeup and the router doesn't get an IP address. And neither does any device connected to access point. Is there anything you can do Merlin about this issue? 384.11.2 is the last working version.
I had the same problem after upgrade from 384.12 to 384.13. After downgrade back to 384.12 AP Mode works again.

I haven't check it on 384.13, but in 384.12 in AP mode the is WAN port used as LAN port, so you can put the cable from router to any port you want (LAN or WAN).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!