What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue is it always apears every time i load the home page..... i dont want to click ok every single time.
Same for me. It keeps coming back.

No performance issues after upgrading to v384.13 on the RT-AC3200, other than what looks like an error in the enclosed jpg indicates. Previously, the GUI has always displayed that the internet/WAN is connected when it is, unlike in this shot. Went from .12 to .13, otherwise, a great job as always. The update went smooth as always so as long as the machine keeps powering on, perking up and chugging along... :)

Same here on both my RT-AC68U's. Made a comment about it a few days ago, still no comments. But everything else is working great.

Just a little typo for your next release:

5lUGCwr.png

I bought a new RT-AC66U-B1 to set up as an AiMesh node, I did the setup without any problem. My main router RT-AC68U saw the AC66U-B1 but couldn't connect to it. I ended up returning the new router.
I also had one which i returned and new one connected right ahead
Tried with over wifi and lan cable and no go.

I can't seem to get guest access working. When I set up guest access with a pass phrase, it fails with a pass phrase error. If I set the guest network open, there is no internet access. I haven't tried guest access in a while, so I'm not sure what I changed to cause this issue. Any suggestions on what to look for?

And which scripts will you have to run preferable on nodes than master router?
Merlin himself recommended to use Asus stock as he sees no or minimal benefit with his firmware on nodes.

Merlin.nodes can operate user scripts if end user feels so inclined.
I support your words, but only as far to stating the average user should use stock. I was just mentioning the one if only advantage to the merlin node as mentioned by rmerlin himself for the purpose of the none average users knowledge.

Last edited:
No performance issues after upgrading to v384.13 on the RT-AC3200, other than what looks like an error in the enclosed jpg indicates. Previously, the GUI has always displayed that the internet/WAN is connected when it is, unlike in this shot. Went from .12 to .13, otherwise, a great job as always. The update went smooth as always so as long as the machine keeps powering on, perking up and chugging along... :)
Turn off Network Monitoring. Both DNS Query and Ping.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

I support your words, but only as far to stating the average user shoud use stock. I was just mentioning the one if only advantage to the merlin node as mentioned by rmerlin himself for the purpose of the none average users knowledge.
My two AC86U nodes off the main AX88U router, I elected to keep on the same code level. Then if the AX88U router died, then I could quickly reconfigure one of the AC86U nodes to now be the main router, and not in that reconfig have to change the code base from stock to rmerlin in my hurried reconfiguration to make home & home office operational again.

How do I check that? As far as I can tell it's genuine. Here's the box:

It's genuine (i.e. it's not a TMobile converted model).

Try with a different browser then.

Thanks! Was having the same problem. It was odd. Was showing disconnected, but was working fine. For some stupid reason I was zeroing in on DNSSEC validation. Switched to your approach. Fingers crossed.

@RMerlin,

Hello, i just would like to tell thank you for your work on DoT native support implementation - it was great work and the right decision! Earlier I used a script by Xentrik and there was an opportunity to forcibly raise the version of TLS to 1.3 and to specify enciphering types in the /etc/stubby/stubby.yml file like this:

tls_min_version: GETDNS_TLS1_3
tls_ciphersuites: "TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256:TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384:TLS_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256"

If I do it now, then stubby.yml is dropped to values by default after each reboot. Whether there is some way to make it? I use RT-AC68U and 384.13 firmware now. Thanks:)

@RMerlin,

Hello, i just would like to tell thank you for your work on DoT native support implementation - it was great work and the right decision! Earlier I used a script by Xentrik and there was an opportunity to forcibly raise the version of TLS to 1.3 and to specify enciphering types in the /etc/stubby/stubby.yml file like this:

tls_ciphersuites: "TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256:TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384:TLS_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256"

If I do it now, then stubby.yml is dropped to values by default after each reboot. Whether there is some way to make it? I use RT-AC68U and 384.13 firmware now. Thanks:)
If you want the values to stay after reboot, do this:

nano /jffs/configs/stubby.yml.add

Code:
chmod 755 /jffs/configs/stubby.yml.add

service restart_stubby

If you want the values to stay after reboot, do this:

nano /jffs/configs/stubby.yml.add

Code:
chmod 755 /jffs/configs/stubby.yml.add

service restart_stubby
OMG! It is obvious! Thank you so much!!:eek::D

I support your words, but only as far to stating the average user should use stock. I was just mentioning the one if only advantage to the merlin node as mentioned by rmerlin himself for the purpose of the none average users knowledge.
Can you specify which scripts merlin nodes may be able to use? And how would you install them on the node? via SSH? If folks decide to use some scripts on the nodes, what would be advantage / disadvantage then running on the main router, if any???

And which scripts will you have to run preferable on nodes than master router?
Merlin himself recommended to use Asus stock as he sees no or minimal benefit with his firmware on nodes.

That statement is true only for average users, advance users have many use cases for scripts even on nodes, for example I use an overclocking script for my Asus 68U working as a node.

That statement is true only for average users, advance users have many use cases for scripts even on nodes, for example I use an overclocking script for my Asus 68U working as a node.

I thought overclocking no longer works on the newer firmwares.

What clocks are you running?

Appreciated, but they were/are already all off. The bug comes and goes; when it goes, bot the X under the large button shows connected and simultaneously, the top button shows green as it's always been for years prior to this update. Thinking of sacrificing a stuffed toy and clicking my heels together, but though there's no place like home, I'm already here; besides, the granddaughter wouldn't appreciate the sacrifice of the toy. Maybe doing an incantation over the unit with a frozen chicken, almost supper time, why not? Won't help but there'll be an answer someday, meanwhile it seems to interrupt traffic as well, even though I've done L&LD's nuclear reset. No tap-a-talking in traffic now:) Thanks:)

Last edited:
It works fine on 68U, newer HND models like 86U are CFE locked.

Right now I'm using (1200,800) with an external fan attached on the back to regulate the temperature.
How do you get the overclock settings to stick from one reboot to another?

I tried the "nvram set clkfreq=1000,666" then "nvram commit" from the SSH session. When I rebooted, it went back to 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!