What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all very odd. It was all working last week and absolutely nothing has been done/changed on the router.

Famous last words. ;)

We should continue in the AMTM thread since it's not likely related to this firmware release.
FIXED: turns out my NTP Server was outdated. Once I changed it, everything worked again. Sorry for the trouble and wrong room post but thank you very much for taking the time to respond regardless. I love this place :)

Just upgraded a RT-AC68U to 384.13 and the client list is showing 0 clients, and when you view list it states "No data in table" but I'm connected thru this router as we speak. I already tried restoring factory defaults and rebooting the router. I'll have to downgrade and see if that fixes this.

MqKlmvY.jpg

it can be fixed actually, but I guess this forum rules against discussing it

Has anything changed regarding DHCP with .13 vs .12, just trying to figure out why my Smart Scale a Withings Body+ no longer seems to sync reliably over WiFi any more, I have to reboot my router to get it to work properly again, after working for the best part of a year previously. My Blu-ray player also stopped reliably getting a DHCP IP so had to set it to static.
I have an old Linux Nas that started having a similiar problem when release 10 or .11 came along. It hangs during the boot process on seemingly random days while trying to connect to the wired LAN port on the router. Other days it boots ok. Driving me nuts. The biggest changes I recall from that time were something to NTP, DNS privacy and resolving DNS locally. I was thinking I should go back to .9 and work forward from there one day to see where it started exactly.

Just dirty flashed this over ASUS' stock firmware for my AC68U router and AC68R node... both updated without a problem and no issues. Probably should do a factory reset just in case but really dont want to rebuild my static IP tables again :(

So happy to be back on MerlinWRT (needed Mesh and finally it got implemented). The Stock ASUS firmware has so many bugs

Just dirty flashed this over ASUS' stock firmware for my AC68U router and AC68R node... both updated without a problem and no issues. Probably should do a factory reset just in case but really dont want to rebuild my static IP tables again :(

So happy to be back on MerlinWRT (needed Mesh and finally it got implemented). The Stock ASUS firmware has so many bugs
Try to ssh into the router before the upgrade, then run
nvram get DHCP_staticlist
This will pull the list of clients and internal IPs. You would then copy/paste that into a text file.
Post upgrade, ssh again into the router and run
nvram set DHCP_staticlist=[there you paste back in whatever was in the text file, no square brackets]
nvram commit

After a simple reboot, you should be able to see your static IPs
assigned.

Try to ssh into the router before the upgrade, then run
nvram get DHCP_staticlist
This will pull the list of clients and internal IPs. You would then copy/paste that into a text file.
Post upgrade, ssh again into the router and run
nvram set DHCP_staticlist=[there you paste back in whatever was in the text file, no square brackets]
nvram commit

After a simple reboot, you should be able to see your static IPs
assigned.

Tried nvram get DHCP_staticlist and it returned nothing...

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 384.13-0 Wed Jul 31 17:27:27 UTC 2019
**@RT-AC68R-6108:/tmp/home/root# nvram get DHCP_staticlist
**@RT-AC68R-6108:/tmp/home/root#

Tried nvram get DHCP_staticlist and it returned nothing...

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 384.13-0 Wed Jul 31 17:27:27 UTC 2019
**@RT-AC68R-6108:/tmp/home/root# nvram get DHCP_staticlist
**@RT-AC68R-6108:/tmp/home/root#
It’s actually all lowercase:
Code:
nvram get dhcp_staticlist
nvram get dhcp_hostnames

Last edited:
Why is there no Alpha build for the 3100 is it not basically the same as the 88U ?

FIXED: turns out my NTP Server was outdated. Once I changed it, everything worked again. Sorry for the trouble and wrong room post but thank you very much for taking the time to respond regardless. I love this place :)
I had something similar, I'd found out what NTP servers had the fastest pings to my location and used those. I was surprised when I just today checked one from a state university in NC and it wasn't the same address. Real surprised that an organization of that size changed an NTP server address. Especially given the history of universities and the development of the internet.

Why is there no Alpha build for the 3100 is it not basically the same as the 88U ?
afaik the source tarballs are different and they release them at different times. If there is no source it can't be modified and built

Because I had no need for an AC3100 build. I compiled the AC88U just to make sure nothing was broken in the build process for the mainline branch, there was no point in spending an extra 90 minutes to build every models versus the 20 mins it took me for that one build. All the newer development was only done on the AC68U in a separate branch so far, as that was the only new GPL I had available. The mainline branch contains very little changes, the biggest of which were only related to the build process (I removed a few unused components, and reorganized the OpenSSL parallel version layouts on the repostory).

Alpha builds are primarily builds I compile for my own needs during development, and which I may occasionally chose to share. They aren't plan of a mass scale public test phase, and so releases will be irregular.

Afternoon all,

I've had a couple of issues with this current firmware merlin 384.13 on my RT-AC68U. The Modem/Router remains working but I cannot open the admin login page. When I try to open the page just never loads to sign in page (same with the IOS app cannot connect) but all devices in home connected appear to be connected and I have to power off and power on to restore access. In doing this one time - the router would not reboot and I had to use the asus emergency software to reset/reboot.

Connected via LAN or Wifi.

Any help or pointers to similar issues appreciated. I will look through this thread but its a big thread !

Regards
Gary

Have you tried on different browsers?

And have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Because I had no need for an AC3100 build. I compiled the AC88U just to make sure nothing was broken in the build process for the mainline branch, there was no point in spending an extra 90 minutes to build every models versus the 20 mins it took me for that one build. All the newer development was only done on the AC68U in a separate branch so far, as that was the only new GPL I had available. The mainline branch contains very little changes, the biggest of which were only related to the build process (I removed a few unused components, and reorganized the OpenSSL parallel version layouts on the repostory).

Alpha builds are primarily builds I compile for my own needs during development, and which I may occasionally chose to share. They aren't plan of a mass scale public test phase, and so releases will be irregular.

Well said. Fair enough.. Looking forward to the next build. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!