What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Brand new ax88u here, fresh loaded 384.14 and this are the issues I run into:

- AIcloud: Unable to login with additional created users over the web interface. only the "admin" account works.
- Memory, after using AIcloud the memory goes upto 97%, remounting the usb3 drive solves the high memory usage.

[my previous ac87u had no issues with the additional aicloud users, it was running 384.13_2. It used used also most of the ram but always got back to around 50% ram after disconnecting the Aicloud web if]

What (exact) steps did you take before and after flashing 384.14_0?

Unbox--> Connect with a standalone laptop --> flash 384.14--> reconnect --> performed factory reset --> reconnect --> setup from scratch

Closed source, outside of my control.

Which part? The measuring or displaying or both?

It seems like occasionally the display part multiplies the actually number by a factor of 1,000,000,00.

Didn’t this used to be cstats?

Unbox--> Connect with a standalone laptop --> flash 384.14--> reconnect --> performed factory reset --> reconnect --> setup from scratch
Just to be sure. When you factory reset after you installed the new fw you did remember to tick the initialize box?

Would be curioous to hear if you encounter same issues with 384.13 ...

Just to be sure. When you factory reset after you installed the new fw you did remember to tick the initialize box?

Initialize all the settings, and clear all the data log for AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, and Web History. --> was checked!

As described here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/solved-how-to-mount-cifs.60724/ - (not solved despite the change in thread title).

It appears that 384.14 is missing cifs.ko (and maybe other components), required to mount cifs1 & 2.

Issuing a "modprobe cifs" returns "modprobe: module cifs not found in modules.dep".

Cifs was working on 384.13.

That fixed it for me. Haven't rebooted since so unsure about its stickiness.

Yeah, definitely not sticky, but since I only rarely need to reboot between firmware upgrades, stickiness is not really an issue for me. Thanks.

Hi,

Brand new ax88u here, fresh loaded 384.14 and this are the issues I run into:

- AIcloud: Unable to login with additional created users over the web interface. only the "admin" account works.
- Memory, after using AIcloud the memory goes upto 97%, remounting the usb3 drive solves the high memory usage.

[my previous ac87u had no issues with the additional aicloud users, it was running 384.13_2. It used used also most of the ram but always got back to around 50% ram after disconnecting the Aicloud web if]

Done more tests, 384.13 and the alpha 384.15_alpha1-gd2fea342ca doesn't fix the issues.

Can someone with a ax88u confirm this is a issue ?

Hi All.
New member here. I bought recently rt-ax88u and was advised to flash Merlin fw on it. So far so good apart of one issue which i got with mobile devices (android). Even these are connected to 5G wifi and have link speed to router 866Mb/s I got poor speed using internet, don't have that problem on pc or laptop. On my previous dsl-ac88u and rt-ac68u I didn't have that issue. I suspect that protected management frame option could be an issue but for some reason I can't disable these on rt-ax88u , any idea how to turn it off?

Edit
Just found old thread which refer to option for protected management frames which may cause issue, I will appreciate if there will be workaround to turn this off, looks like cause issues, at least for me.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/protected-management-frames.15584/

Last edited:
Hi All,

802.3ad LACP - cannot be activate with synology DS918+

Didn't have problems to activate BOND LACP on the old RT-AC88U and I didn't change the Synology NAS model. Only Balanced SLB or Active/Backup Mode is working but none of this in 2GB connection bond. Somebody succeeded to activate 802.3as ?

Hi All.
New member here. I bought recently rt-ax88u and was advised to flash Merlin fw on it. So far so good apart of one issue which i got with mobile devices (android). Even these are connected to 5G wifi and have link speed to router 866Mb/s I got poor speed using internet, don't have that problem on pc or laptop. On my previous dsl-ac88u and rt-ac68u I didn't have that issue. I suspect that protected management frame option could be an issue but for some reason I can't disable these on rt-ax88u , any idea how to turn it off?

Edit
Just found old thread which refer to option for protected management frames which may cause issue, I will appreciate if there will be workaround to turn this off, looks like cause issues, at least for me.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/protected-management-frames.15584/
What's your setting for universal beamforming? This should be disabled.

I have tried to flash my AC68U E1 which has stock 3.0.0.4.385_10000-gd8ccd3c installed, but in the beginning of the upgrade process a message occured 'Firmware update failed'. SHA256SUM is correct.

Universal beam forming disabled. I dirty flash 384.13 and was able to save option "disable" for protected management frames and all back to normal, all flying again. Must be a bug in 384.14 that don't allo to save "disable" setting.

On 384.14b I had a very bad download speed on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet (SM-T580) with universal beamforming disabled on 5GHz ac. One thing I tried was enabling universal beamforming and since that was enabled the speed became normal.

AIcloud: Unable to login with additional created users over the web interface. only the "admin" account works.

AiCloud is single user, it's always been a limitation of it.

Memory, after using AIcloud the memory goes upto 97%, remounting the usb3 drive solves the high memory usage.

Perfectly normal, disk data gets buffered on access, memory will be freed as needed.

Which part? The measuring or displaying or both?

The data gathering. Info is queried directly through the switch driver, in a closed source section of the code, and then passed along to the rstats daemon.

That same part used to be broken a few years ago, and eventually got fixed. They may have broken it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!